PDA

View Full Version : Taken 2

yoco
21.06.12, 23:01
Release Date: October 5, 2012
Studio: 20th Century Fox
Director: Olivier Megaton
Screenwriter: Luc Besson, Robert Mark Kamen
Starring: Liam Neeson, Maggie Grace, Famke Janssen, Rade Sherbedgia, Luke Grimes
Genre: Action, Thriller
MPAA Rating: Not Available

Liam Neeson returns as Bryan Mills, the retired CIA agent with a particular set of skills who stopped at nothing to save his daughter Kim from Albanian kidnappers. When the father of one of the kidnappers swears revenge and takes Bryan and his wife hostage during their family vacation in Istanbul, Bryan enlists Kim to help them escape, and uses the same advanced level of special forces tactics to get his family to safety and systematically take out the kidnappers one by one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&list=PL8184335CF89DF211&v=8aBJNAs9mYY

hellman
23.06.12, 12:31
well i really liked the 1st part.. can't really say about this ... trailer looks just ok .. will download. not worth going to the theatre

yoco
23.06.12, 22:57
I also liked the first one! Action packed movie! =)
Hope this one won't disappoint!

hellman
23.06.12, 23:29
I also liked the first one! Action packed movie! =)
Hope this one won't disappoint!

yea the best part of the 1st was "I will find you n kill you " :D

slikrapid
24.06.12, 00:37
Liam Neeson returns as Bryan Mills, the retired CIA agent with a particular set of skills

maybe this time we'll see some realistic agent skills as opposed to convenient contrivances or plenty of dumb luck moments that were featured in the previous movie

from Albanian kidnappers

who somehow managed to establish a small army within france...and turkey? :rolleyes:

the father of one of the kidnappers swears revenge and takes Bryan and his wife hostage during their family vacation in Istanbul, Bryan enlists Kim to help them escape

so now that he got bryan, whats stopping him from getting the revenge done right away? oh yeah, he has to wait long enough for the daughter kim to launch an attack (or 'prison break') on his stronghold, since ofc she got some cia skills/training & contacts in the meantime, just for occasions like this one

let me guess, part 3 will feature all 3 of them getting kidnapped as a part of an undercover mission, where they will infiltrate the headquarters of the albanian mafia in tirana and strike a fatal blow to the whole organization

seems these ridiculous scripts and the resulting pitiful movies like taken (and undoubtedly taken 2 as well) will continue to plague the audience in the foreseeable future, dragging just about every established actor along into the mud, whereas the newcomers won't even have a chance to get out of it

for better movies with neeson, see:

Kingdom of Heaven (2005)
Gangs of New York (2002)
Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace (1999)
The Dead Pool (1988)
The Bounty (1984)

classyboy
24.06.12, 15:33
I would sure love to see this. Definitely liked the first part. Another similar movie to this movie was 'Gone', starring Amanda Seyfried, though haven't seen it yet

Smiths
13.07.12, 05:32
You know for once I want to see Liam in some pain. I like a good revenge movie.

zirra2
17.07.12, 17:17
The first one was really good! Liam is a very talented actor and I hope the second film will be as good, or even better than the first. :)

yoco
01.08.12, 15:00
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sb1oN8WJAh8