PDA

View Full Version : about to buy a console ps3 or xbox360 ?

The Shutter
16.06.12, 04:43
i've done my research about these two consoles , i know that ps3 has more cpu capability than xbox360 , the only problem is running pirated games .
i've read articles that it's not easy to crack ps3 & that xbox360 is easier ... i don't know much about jtag for xbox360 or modes available for ps3 , but i did read that for xbox360 some internal stuff has to be done so i'll lose my warrenty as for ps3 i haven't found anything about it except a mod called jailbreak.

also i heard that some versions of xbox360 & ps3 can't be modded is that true ?

mammamia11
16.06.12, 23:21
as for ps3, it was posible with FW 3.55, after upgrading its not posible.
as for xbox360, JTAG seems to be the best option but up to vertion 2.0.14717.0 , after that its hard/ not posible to hack

The Shutter
16.06.12, 23:54
yes but what if the ps3 is above fw 3.55 & same for xbox , i heard that they can't be hacked , also i read that if i hacked ps3 most new games won't work until there's an update

mammamia11
20.06.12, 01:01
yes as i told u if you have ps3 with newer vertion then 3.55 then you cant hack it but the xbox 360 is posible to find hacks, just dont update your consol online. you know if you use mods then u have to say good bye to online gaming

whyme
20.06.12, 07:27
for better on-line multi-player xbox 360 is best but u have to buy gold its very cheap , PS3 only blu-ray lol , on-line multi player not so good like xbox 360 and xbox 360 controller is much much eaiser to play games as compared to PS3

shoulder
20.06.12, 10:50
as for ps3, it was posible with FW 3.55, after upgrading its not posible.
as for xbox360, JTAG seems to be the best option but up to vertion 2.0.14717.0 , after that its hard/ not posible to hack
For newer XBox versions there's still the firmware flash, or the RGH.
So chances you can modify your new console are higher buying a XBox.

The Shutter
25.06.12, 05:53
all the new ps3 are with 4.11 firmware or 3.6 , the old one are over priced from the seller of ebay/amazon or broken :)

takomania
02.09.12, 21:10
for better on-line multi-player xbox 360 is best but u have to buy gold its very cheap , PS3 only blu-ray lol , on-line multi player not so good like xbox 360 and xbox 360 controller is much much eaiser to play games as compared to PS3

with regards to the online, i'm guessing that you're under 25, as the bulk of people you'll find on the psn are older gamers...

and with regards to the controller - utter madness. if you're playing anything other than fps games on the xbox, you're going to need to buy another controller - why? dpad. it's literally good for nothing. check the schematics or actually open one for yourself and see what i mean. this is not an opinion - it's a fact - the xbox 1 and xbox 360 dpads are on domes, whilst the ps3 and nintendo dpads are on rockers. rockers are accurate, domes are not - it ends there.

games to test with include ANY fighting game, arcade racers, the new tony hawk. (there's loads of others, but i'm not anti xbox :tongue: )

the systems are both good - don't let anyone tell you otherwise. i own both - ps3 because it has a much wider variety of games and more independent titles, plus, i love fighting games. xbox due to the handful of exclusives that ms has (halo series for example).

both systems have their fair share of gfx glitches etc.

it all comes down to what you want to play. end of story.

Rourke
11.11.12, 19:41
I'd advise you to purchase PlayStation 3 instead of xbox but I was always a fan of PS so I might be a little biased. However, I do prefer the controller of PS3 (having used both) and the fact that you have to pay on xbox to go online is simply ridiculous. The UI is also much more slick in my opinion when compared to the one in xbox 360.

okoho
12.11.12, 14:22
i have a ps3 because of the blu ray function (the graphics are absolutely stunning) and the free online play. also there is a good selection of unique games so its a pretty nice deal overall.

DarkSaibot v.1.3.10
13.11.12, 12:54
you can waite until xbox 720 or PS4 is released ...
if it's was me i will pick an xbox anyway