PDA

View Full Version : MyDefrag Performance Defragmenting Script Help

Master Razor
25.03.12, 20:54
MyDefrag (http://www.mydefrag.com/)
What is it?

MyDefrag is a disk defragmenter and optimizer.

How does it work?

Unlike all commercial defragmenters this one runs only on default and user created scripts. The script tells mydefrag where to move the files and mydefrag sends the command to the windows defragmenter api. Which is the safest way to defragment.
Basically it's all user-controlled.

Okay, now what?
Mydefrag contains some pre-built scripts: monthly/daily system disk, monthly/daily data disk. Since it hasn't been updated from 2010, it's main scripts are a bit outdated. A user on their forum rebuild them for even more performance. I configured them a bit more.
I need your help to see if this script actually does something instead of being just a placebo effect. Therefor I ask that only users with slow windows performance try this (so that we can see if it in effect). Test it by playing some games or something.
I can't do it because I just installed windows and any improvement will be unnoticeable.

Instructions:
install the latest my defrag.
Get the scripts from this thread and extract them in your mydefrag folder \ scripts \
If the path does not exist (scripts folder) create it.
And select [c] Opt. SysDsk Monthly. Use it only on your system disk please.

Notes:
In most cases through defragmentation there is little to no perfromance to be gained but we're talking about file placement (optimization of hdd zones). In this case you might see something.
So, please help me by trying it and tell me your thoughts.

Thanks