PDA

View Full Version : Anti IP software

austin316
02.03.12, 21:12
Hi guys, i just wanted to ask do all forums have this sotware on their users to prevent banned users to register again. As one site for laptop reviews i got banned from has and i have tried proxies and other methods but how long will that last until they find out its me.

anon
02.03.12, 21:22
Hi guys, i just wanted to ask do all forums have this sotware on their users to prevent banned users to register again.

Automated double account detection? No, not all forums.

However, every serious forum in existence has the capability of letting staff manually check IPs and seeing who else is on that IP.

http://www.sb-innovation.de/attachment.php?attachmentid=12773

(No, the screenshot isn't from here.)

austin316
03.03.12, 01:20
Oh ok anon. So with the forums that do use anti ip software would you say using proxies and other sources will stop my or anyones else old data be found out.

anon
03.03.12, 01:55
Use a proxy and delete your cookies. There's not much magic to it besides that...

austin316
03.03.12, 03:06
Thats what im doing on that website i have been banned from, but im just thinking will they somehow find out its me. Im taking the advice on sealion, i may be doing something wrong but i will post anything if so.

Gapo
04.03.12, 16:15
Maybe your user agent?

shoulder
04.03.12, 21:47
If it's not an extremely rare one, it shouldn't be the cause.

austin316
06.03.12, 22:12
The website is notebook reviews, and im sure they are using anti ip software as i have registrerd different times and they have banned me.

Gapo, what do u mean by user agent.

Thanks for your replies guys.

SBfreak
07.03.12, 08:29
Gapo, what do u mean by user agent.

Something that helps identify your browser.
Whats My User Agent? (http://whatsmyuseragent.com/)

leechmodder
07.03.12, 08:37
Hmmm mind telling us the name of the site? BTW why does a laptop review site ban it's users? :O

SealLion
07.03.12, 22:16
Hmmm mind telling us the name of the site? BTW why does a laptop review site ban it's users? :O

Apparantly, it was because he was double posting at the time. No doubt the mod there got upset with that. This is in addition to him having tried to set up new accounts.

Link> http://www.sb-innovation.de/f71/new-ip-address-24669/#post255018

As for the site banning users, probably b/c the guy who runs the show there might have a 'zero-tolerance' policy on what he/she/it-what-ever species, on double posting/over double posting and anyone who does this on a recurring basis might fit his definition a of cement head. I guess in his view, maybe austin did that and got banned. That's just my idea. No idea if that is actually true, though.

As for the user agent idea from Gapo. That might be not such a bad idea as well. But you also have to consider that many users around the world are using the very same browser that austin is using, so IMO, that idea might not really help. He could try but I am of the opinion that it doesn't really have that much significance.

On the other hand it may hold some significance b/c if it an older browser version, it may help to upgrade to the latest browser version (or further downgrade) to mask his identity.

austin316
14.03.12, 23:46
You make some great points seallion. Like i said before i didnt mean to double post i just needed urgent help at that time and the admin banned me for double posting. I never used IE when i used to go on that site. So could that browser help.

SealLion
15.03.12, 01:08
...So could that browser help.

Sorry, I don't think I quite understand. Is that a question (missing question mark??) or a statement.

If you want to use IE, I suppose it doesn't matter. However, if you decided to use Firefox ( if that is what you are currently using) you can install extensions that make Firefox mask it's true User Agent to one of your choosing. It's not the fact of using a different browser that will be the end-all-be-all to a solution. It's also your digital ID in terms of IP, probably ISP as well, your MAC address (if that' being used on the website to help ID users. There is software available that you can use to mask your MAC. I made a tutorial here on the board to help users), User Agent, geographical location, cookies, previous emails used in prior registrations on that site, the history of how you communicated on the board (i.e. posting styles being congruent with past posting styles), similar usernames to what may have been used beforehand, the same forum friends initiated into your contacts or profile, similar questions posed to what were posed before, faking your new posting styles to such a level that is remarkably ridiculous and transparent to the fact your hiding your posting styles, and what-ever else I can't think of at the moment. I don't know but maybe they've got facial recognition software installed on their site and surreptitiously had it installed on your machine during the first registration you made.

I don't understand how you can be continuously banned. This must be one different website. That's for sure.

If all else fails all I can suggest is that you try something different. Go to the library and register a new account. And use the newly registered account at any computer that is not your computer at home. Log into the website from any computer of your choosing from now on other than your personal computer. It might be inconvenient to do so but if this is what you feel you might need to do, then I don't know what else to suggest. I guess that is what you will need to do.

Maybe someone else has a few other ideas to post but these are pretty much it as far as I know. Maybe others have other ideas that could help you as this topic has been an ongoing issue not just for you but for others as well in same or similar situations. I wish you much success in getting what you want.

austin316
15.03.12, 16:25
LOL it was meant to be a question, Seallion I really appreciate all your help, you have been great. I honestly dont know how they keep banning me, it must be so secret govenment site lol. Anyway Im gona have one more crack at getting on this site, by following what you said and other and will you proxies especially this time. I feel my posting styles might have got me banned as well as i did ask similiar questions.

I am going to use firefox as that seems the best browser for the proxy situation. Also Ip address dont change so will following your step of changing mac address help.

SealLion
15.03.12, 17:10
There's one other thing that I see that hasn't been brought up and that is for you to determine whether your on a dynamic or static IP. If dynamic, some have the ability to change it. Others don't. If dynamic you have a lease on your IP which is dependent on the DHCP server. That IP can change. If static, you might face some challenges. Go to the cmd.exe and type in ipconfig /all. Of course, leave a space between the ipconfig and the forward slash (/). There you'll be able to see when (dependent on whether it's static or dynamic IP) the lease expires. When it changes that might be a good time to re-register. Hope this all helps a bit. Life is educational, eh??

anon
15.03.12, 18:30
Don't know if it's been suggested already, but why don't you just contact them saying you'd like to be a member again, you've learned from your mistake (I hope so) and won't do it anymore?

SealLion
15.03.12, 20:55
Don't know if it's been suggested already, but why don't you just contact them saying you'd like to be a member again, you've learned from your mistake (I hope so) and won't do it anymore?

Probably the most simplest and best thing to do. I've done it once before and it took very little effort on my part.

austin316
16.03.12, 00:05
Seallion mate i learn more and more from your posts, even with anon as well. I done the ipconfig it said lease obtained today and lease expire today, what does that mean exactly, is it possible i can change my ip address in a few days. Im not sure whether it is dynamic or static but i got a feeling it is dynamic.

Guys i need to that the first time i got banned and they said no, they said hardluck, i had my chance, then after that i registered again twice and got banned and they said stay off. Now do u guys think i should beg them one more time, or shall i do the different things you guys have said. Which i want to. I just fear if i apoligise they will probably ignore my, plus i was there 3 times with different names.

SealLion
16.03.12, 00:24
Well... I really don't know anymore to be honest. Make a note of what your IP is from WhatismyIP.com or some other similar website since you state that your lease expires the next day. You should be aware of the expiration time. Speaking for myself only, historically, that is the time I normally receive a new IP. YOu may want to shut down your machine prior to that time and later on in the day reboot it. Go and find out what your IP is after that reboot. You have the option to try the MAC spoofing thing I mentioned earlier.

If someone else has further ideas, comments, or encouragements (Go go go!! You can do it!! I know I can. I know I can. Let's do The Wave :biggrin:) now would be a good time to make them.

austin316
20.03.12, 19:07
Well i did try to get a new ip address by turning off router after the lease expired then turn it on but no new ip address. I even unplugged router all day but no new ip address. Spoke to my ISP they said they cant change it. Now what other option have i got left, if i do change my mac address and use a proxy to access the notebookreview site, would u think i would be banned as i would have a completely new ip address. We know that they have some advanced anti ip address software.

SealLion
21.03.12, 00:21
Are there not alternative sites to this one?? How about emailing the admin on that site profusely apologizing and asking for one more chance. One more opportunity that shows your willing to change (in my opinion double posting is not a decent reason to ban someone anyways).

austin316
02.05.12, 00:42
Well the laptop site I have tried to get on, is the one I have made multiple accounts and even after apologising they havent accepted it.

Now I have formatted my laptop, got a new ip address, and I went on the laptop site for a few mins, I want to make sure no trace was there that I went on it, do I just remove the cookies/cache. Im using google chrome. Im gona try one last time to get on the site, proxies are just a pain imo. So what do you guys suggest for my unique username on it, so they dont know its me and do you think I should change my writing style on there completely. Also shall I register on yahoo mail on the site as I havent done it before. I want to get everything right before registering there one more time.

austin316
02.05.12, 19:58
Could anyone please reply to my previous post would really appreciate it. Thanks.

I just connected my router, new ip address but the first number is still the same as my previous ip address. Does that mean they will know its me.