PDA

View Full Version : RatioMaster Auto-Update

shoulder
26.02.12, 23:33
We are pleased to announce, that RatioMaster Auto-Update is back!

http://www.sb-innovation.de/updates/overview.png

FAQ

I just tried it, it doesn't work?

Yes, if you tried it right after reading the title, it won't.
As RatioMaster is designed to work with moofdev.net, you have to route that domain to our server.
There are various ways to do this, the easiest one being an entry inside your hosts file.

212.117.164.221 moofdev.net

There is a drawback though, after this you won't be able to visit the regular moofdev.net anymore.

Or, just use this (http://www.sb-innovation.de/f46/ratiomaster-auto-update-28380/#post291064) patched one.

What kind of client files will be available there?

All kinds of client files.
However, there will only be free, no member title required ones.

Is it updated regularly?

Yes, currently it is updated by our staff.
If you feel you could contribute to it, you can apply to get access to the control panel.
Applications can be made by PM.
As we will discuss about it, it can take up to a few days till you get a reply, but you will get one regardless of what we decided

Can I contribute even if I don't have access to above?

Yes, you can always contribute.
Just post a client file here, and someone who has access will add it if it fits our guidelines.

Search before posting, no need for duplicates.
If you think your client file is more secure than an already available of the same client and build, contact us first.

Please use full names, proper spacing and punctuation.
(e.g. don't use ut, use uTorrent, don't use ut2.2.1_build25130 but uTorrent 2.2.1 Build 25130)

No members only files here, sorry.

This thread is for client files only!
If you want to discuss this feature, please open another thread.

anon
27.02.12, 02:34
This officially takes over our current "can I has client file X? / Sure, here it is (Attachment 12345)" system.

Those who don't know how to edit the hosts file can click here (http://www.ehow.com/how_5225562_edit-windows-hosts-file.html) for a quick Windows tutorial.

shoulder
29.02.12, 16:42
Thanks to an anonymous friend, we now have a patched version of RatioMaster 1.91 which works with the new Auto-Update out of the box!

0wens
13.02.13, 16:47
Hello !

I'm the creator/administrator of the website RM-Clients.tk (http://rm-clients.tk), who is updating .clients for the software RatioMaster.
I personnaly updates this clients ( just µtorrent for the moment, but others clients after ) but i need an automatic update for a better use and ease of my updates.
I would for ask if I could complete my .clients updates at your source, for receive an automatic update, or have the source code for add another source for updates automatically.

Thanks for your answers.
0wens

anj1ng
15.07.13, 22:23
coming back?

shoulder
15.07.13, 23:51
What do you mean?

anon
16.07.13, 03:23
Too bad this system didn't see a lot of activity, as the idea was very good (I'm partly to blame for not following what I wrote myself in post #2, I guess).

On a sidenote, anyone knows what happened to Moofdev? They have been down for a very long time now. They've had a few downtimes before, but none this long...

Lucius
17.07.13, 15:12
I hope anon we can establish this system for mRatio as well, it will be great, we can establish for non member titles first then we can make a login feature .

anon
17.07.13, 20:06
Without meaning to underestimate the amount of work needed to write something like this, having someone take care of additions to the list is just as important. Who would want to do that?

Lucius
18.07.13, 00:12
Can you mention the programming languages that will be necessary for writing something like that ?

Edit:
Are you talking about working on the system for mR or what ? I think I'm lost xD

anon
18.07.13, 01:26
Are you talking about working on the system for mR or what ?

:gyup:

Can you mention the programming languages that will be necessary for writing something like that ?

This project was written in PHP, as far as I know.

shoulder
18.07.13, 02:04
This project was written in PHP, as far as I know.
Yes.

Lucius
18.07.13, 16:18
so the system is already there, just a few changes (as far as I know xD) and It can be there, I think the real work will be on The248 for adding the support for this system .

Lucius
05.07.14, 23:27
I wonder how we can contribute by adding clients to this system ?
By the way, I can work on the front end to mR if you want to make it independent from mR.

shoulder
05.07.14, 23:33
I wonder how we can contribute by adding clients to this system ?
There exists a control panel.