PDA

View Full Version : Supernatural

Instab
18.02.12, 07:43
http://www.sb-innovation.de/attachment.php?attachmentid=12646

Supernatural is an American supernatural drama television series with humorous elements created by Eric Kripke, which debuted on September 13, 2005 on The WB, and is now part of The CW's lineup. Starring Jared Padalecki as Sam Winchester and Jensen Ackles as Dean Winchester, the series follows the brothers as they hunt demons and other figures of the supernatural. The series is produced by Warner Bros. Television, in association with Wonderland Sound and Vision. The current executive producers are Eric Kripke, McG, and Robert Singer; former executive producer Kim Manners died of lung cancer during production of the fourth season.[1]

The series, which is filmed in Vancouver, British Columbia, was in development for nearly ten years, as creator Kripke spent several years unsuccessfully pitching it. The pilot was viewed by an estimated 5.69 million viewers,[2] and the ratings of the first four episodes prompted The WB to pick up the series for a full season. Originally, Kripke planned the series for three seasons, but later expanded it to five. The fifth season began airing on September 10, 2009, and concluded the series' main storyline;[3] however, The CW officially renewed the show for a sixth season on February 16, 2010.[4] On April 26, 2011, the show was renewed for a seventh season for the 2011–2012 season, which began on September 23, 2011.[5] On January 12, 2012, the series won the two awards at the People's Choice Awards which includes Best Sci/Fi TV Series and Best Drama TV Series.

source: Supernatural (TV series) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Supernatural_%28TV_series%29)

A very nice fantasy show with a good portion of humor sometimes. The two main actors always did an excellent job and the show never suffered from weak periods.

General Info:

Genre: Supernatural drama, Horror fiction, Action / Adventure, Thriller
Created by: Eric Kripke
Starring: Jared Padalecki, Jensen Ackles
Country of origin: United States
No. of seasons: 7
No. of episodes: 140

Interesting Links:

Supernatural | Series on the CW Network | Official Site (http://www.cwtv.com/shows/supernatural)
Supernatural (TV Series 2005–*) - IMDb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0460681/)
Supernatural - TV.com (http://www.tv.com/shows/supernatural/)
Supernatural Wiki - Super-wiki (http://www.supernaturalwiki.com)
Supernatural - TV Show | TVGuide.com (http://www.tvguide.com/tvshows/supernatural/192272)
Supernatural TV Show The CW | Supernatural Online Series Summary (http://www.tvrage.com/Supernatural)

yoco
18.02.12, 11:03
Been watching since first season! Amazing show. Winchester brothers are awesome! :top:

atlantis
18.02.12, 14:25
The greatest show ever, but the latest season is worthless ...

Master Razor
18.02.12, 18:42
The greatest show ever, but the latest season is worthless ...
+1 on that but I think the show was worthless after season 4.
I think the best episodes where with John Winchester and their story. Not wars, apocalypses...

yoco
18.02.12, 22:54
Sadly I have to agree with you two. Last two season weren't so amazing as previous ones!

slikrapid
18.02.12, 23:36
The two main actors always did an excellent job and the show never suffered from weak periods.

Here are the two biggest reasons this show sucks.

1.) The characters. This show is praised for showing brotherly love between the characters of Sam and Dean. While I will admit there is definitely a connection between these two characters, it can hardly be called love. When these two characters aren't hunting demons, they're constantly bickering and whining at each other and insulting each other. This can hardly be called love. I understand that siblings generally do like making fun of each other, but it's usually in jest and in a loving way. These two characters treat each other like garbage and they mean it. So the connection between these two characters sucks. But I bet you're wondering if they're at least good by themselves, aren't you? Nope. They suck by themselves, too.

Dean: I'll admit there can sometimes be some charm to a womanizing main character, but not when the character is constantly making jarringly unfunny sex jokes and going around doing it with every girl he meets. If this character maybe had some sort of, I don't know... what do you call it... HEART? He might be a little likable. But he's basically just a womanizing slut with no regard for anyone's feelings unless it's a hot chick with big boobs and blond hair. You'd think he'd really care about his little brother and want to protect him no matter what, but all he wants to do is make his little brother just as big a slut as he is.

Sam: Well. At least this character isn't SUCH a slut. He's got something of a heart, at least. But the problem with this character is that all he does is bitch and moan about how he wanted a normal life, and how his girlfriend died. Now, we can all sympathize with a dude who lost his girlfriend, and who wants to live a peaceful life, as long as he eventually stops complaining and becomes a stronger person. Sam never does. In fact, Sam even turns bad for awhile, which really makes his character plummet. Now there can be a certain interesting edge when your character have some flaws to them. But not to the point where every single one of them is an asshole. That's just unrealistic and it makes your characters unlikable to boot. Also, it's totally stupid how this character has DEMON BLOOD in him. Do you know how stupid that sounds? Other characters: Now, like in a lot of shows, the two brothers cross random people each day and help them purge evil demons from their houses. But all the people they meet are usually ALL THE SAME TYPE OF PERSON. They're all girls who are gorgeous and have blond hair. I swear they didn't save a single fat person in that show. All of the girls have the same type of personality, too. And the demons they encounter are all the same, too. They all have that same slutty personality and they're not even scary like they're supposed to be. There's always a stupid girl demon who comes onto Sam or Dean and tries to sensually make some stupid deal with them to bring back their dad. Even the male demons act like this. Even LUCIFER acts like this. The only likable character in this show is probably Bobby. He's a nice old man who actually cares about Sam and Dean and treats them decently. Also, even the angels are slutty and assholes. Yeah. It's pretty messed up.

2.) The story. The story in this had potential to be quite charming, but it even fails there. The biggest problem with the story is the pervading feeling of hopelessness. It just leaves you with a sad, icky, tired feeling after each episode. Because all of the characters are severely unlikable, and no one in this show can really be considered a good person, it just kind of like... yeah the world might end, but maybe it's for the best if every person in Heaven, Hell, and on Earth are assholes. Another problem with the story is that they ALWAYS have stupid hypothetical episodes about Sam and Dean's ideal lives. Now, one of these types of episodes is okay, and can even be quite interesting, but when it happens, like, more than ten times, it can become really annoying.

judging from these observations i'll surely skip this one (the whine-chest-er bro's appearance doesn't help either)

Instab
19.02.12, 03:18
judging from these observations i'll surely skip this one
maybe better see for yourself. you'll always find haters for every show and movie no matter what it is

DarkSaibot v.1.3.10
22.02.12, 00:50
no supernatural without Castiel :D
to fight against Leviathan with no God intervention is boring :D

Instab
22.02.12, 01:25
no supernatural without Castiel :D
to fight against Leviathan with no God intervention is boring :D
i miss Castiel, too. he was the secret hero of the last seasons

DarkSaibot v.1.3.10
22.02.12, 12:04
yes.also with him it was a balace between good and evil..right now the winchesters boys are way over they heads, another bad thing was bobby killing
the best thing right now will be castiel come back in Bobby's body :D

SBfreak
22.02.12, 19:05
he best thing right now will be castiel come back in Bobby's body
Yes the body of an old grumpy fart as a vessel for an archangel.Awesome.

the vessel has to be alive when an angel takes control.
it must have faith or boobs but mostly the first one

atlantis
23.02.12, 09:53
^Boobs forever ...

DarkSaibot v.1.3.10
23.02.12, 16:47
what a cliche :tongue:

SBfreak
24.02.12, 18:50
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gldzCiP9o9k

atlantis
25.02.12, 12:59
^omg this show is going down with every episode ...

SBfreak
25.02.12, 19:21
Well Castiel is coming back.How is that worse than the last one ?

Instab
26.02.12, 05:57
Well Castiel is coming back.How is that worse than the last one ?
indeed slightly more profound posts would be welcome :P

SBfreak
26.02.12, 06:21
indeed slightly more profound posts would be welcome :P

More profound ? He appears for a nanosecond in the preview.I don't know anything :hmmm:

Instab
28.02.12, 04:26
More profound ? He appears for a nanosecond in the preview.I don't know anything :hmmm:
not your post :P

DarkSaibot v.1.3.10
22.11.12, 12:02
where is episode 7 ? can't find'it anywhere
finally some GOD intervention in the show
PS: kevin-profet-> bad ideea

Instab
22.11.12, 18:10

Supernatural S08E07 720p HDTV X264-DIMENSION
Supernatural S08E07 HDTV x264-LOL

on a general tracker of your choice :smile:

DarkSaibot v.1.3.10
22.11.12, 19:27
my bad..wanted to ask about episode 8 Hunteri Heroici wich did not find today on trackers ...episode that supposed have be transmited last night according { again } with imdb ..but can be wrong

Instab
22.11.12, 20:25
my bad..wanted to ask about episode 8 Hunteri Heroici wich did not find today on trackers ...episode that supposed have be transmited last night according { again } with imdb ..but can be wrong

looks like the was a change of schedule

DarkSaibot v.1.3.10
22.11.12, 20:34
thanks for information..looks like this week was an easy week..not to many shows to watch

yoco
22.11.12, 22:49
No spoilers!
;)

Master Razor
22.11.12, 23:02
Don't you feel that the series got bad? Low-class jokes, nothing is serious in the show and the plot is sooo twisted that I don;t even get what the **** are they trying to do and for what.

Instab
23.11.12, 00:17
Don't you feel that the series got bad? Low-class jokes, nothing is serious in the show and the plot is sooo twisted that I don;t even get what the **** are they trying to do and for what.

i feel the same. they don't really seem to have a solid plan since two seasons back or so. at least that's how it looks like to me

yoco
23.11.12, 11:14
I still have yet to watch this season, but I do agree. It should've ended with Lucifer! That was an amazing season and for me great way to end.

mirrormask
17.03.13, 02:01
supernatural has been renewed.
there will be a season 9 in autumn 2013.

‘Arrow’, ‘The Vampire Diaries’ and ‘Supernatural’ Renewed for Next Season - Ratings | TVbytheNumbers (http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2013/02/11/arrow-the-vampire-diaries-and-supernatural-renewed-for-next-season/169072/)

yoco
17.03.13, 11:23
Very surprised at this! I still watch the show, but haven't enjoyed it since lucifer! :frown:

Master Razor
17.03.13, 11:31
I haven't watched this since last autumn. I can't... I'm trying but just can't.

yoco
17.03.13, 14:15
No time, or the show doesn't interest you anymore?

Master Razor
17.03.13, 15:04
Lack of interest. I just don't like anymore.

yoco
17.03.13, 22:56
I actually feel the same, it's just that I can't bring myself to stop watching it now, wanna see how they continue with the story, what new monsters they show, even thou it kinda suck
:biggrin:

fuzzy
20.03.13, 05:43
It's been a nice ride, but I think they've been overextending. It should have ended at season five but they kept on going. At first I was like, ok you can go on but it's harder and harder to watch them try to fill out holes in the plot that aren't even there. It's said it will end after season 10 and I hope I'll have the will to keep up with the show, but I cannot guarantee it.

mirrormask
22.02.14, 12:36
well, since last week season 10 is official and the ratings are great, so even season 10 doesn't have to be the last one.

'Arrow,' 'Vampire Diaries,' 'Originals,' 'Supernatural,' 'Reign' Renewed at CW (http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/arrow-vampire-diaries-originals-supernatural-680088)

yoco
22.02.14, 23:20
I have yet to watch this season, but to be honest I'm not enjoying the show since season 4 tbh.

LLN
24.02.14, 10:33
I'm now watching season 8 now and I'm almost at the end, and yes, there are a lot of episodes that are there just for the sake of being there, but I'm really curious about how the show will end and how things will go for all the characters.

mirrormask
08.06.19, 21:31
season 15 which is starting in october will be the last one for supernatural.
apparantly the lead actors wanted the show to end:

https://screenrant.com/supernatural-canceled-reason-why/

yoco
08.06.19, 22:48
lol, I would too. :D

DarkSaibot v.1.3.10
09.06.19, 22:37
i've figured out that it will end since the last episode of last season when GOD - Chuck says " Story's over. Welcome to the end."

anon
10.06.19, 18:53
Fifteen seasons is a lot, and apparently ratings were still good, so... interesting turn of events.

DarkSaibot v.1.3.10
11.06.19, 00:57
well if the lead actors wanted the show to end what can you do - but it was the milking cow for them - i won't expect for them to make an impact on any other tv-shows or movies because no mather what you can try to do after 15 years you will always be sam and dean or where their shadows in any other acting roles - considering also that Jared find his wife on the tv show set

probably they can't stand each other anymore - since rumor has it that sam and dean they where never close in the real life

anon
11.06.19, 13:28
but it was the milking cow for them

That's partly why I was surprised =]

yoco
11.06.19, 15:30
probably they can't stand each other anymore - since rumor has it that sam and dean they where never close in the real life
I doubt that, their bloopers were always funny, plus their chemistry on show feels like they're real brothers!

DarkSaibot v.1.3.10
11.06.19, 18:50
i quess you are right - stumbled upon an article some years ago where they writted something about they can't stand each other -probably some fake news since articles right now states Ackles and Padalecki are really good friends in real life also Roommates