PDA

View Full Version : The Bourne Legacy

yoco
08.02.12, 22:59
Release Date: August 3, 2012
Studio: Universal Pictures
Director: Tony Gilroy
Screenwriter: Tony Gilroy, Dan Gilroy
Starring: Jeremy Renner, Rachel Weisz, Edward Norton, Albert Finney, Joan Allen, Scott Glenn, Stacy Keach, Oscar Isaac
Genre: Action, Thriller
MPAA Rating: Not Available

The narrative architect behind the "Bourne" film series, Tony Gilroy, takes the helm in the next chapter of the hugely popular espionage franchise that has earned almost $1 billion at the global box office: "The Bourne Legacy." The writer/director expands the "Bourne" universe created by Robert Ludlum with an original story that introduces us to a new hero (Jeremy Renner) whose life-or-death stakes have been triggered by the events of the first three films.

For "The Bourne Legacy," Renner joins fellow series newcomers Rachel Weisz, Edward Norton, Stacy Keach and Oscar Isaac, while franchise veterans Albert Finney, Joan Allen, David Strathairn and Scott Glenn reprise their roles.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=jSzy9qQ3mDE

shawshankraj
09.02.12, 05:04
I am a big fan of Bourne trilogy...from the cast and director look like it will be a good one..

yoco
09.02.12, 10:48
I like Bourne trilogy as well. Doubt this one will be as good!

ParamouR
09.02.12, 18:43
I am a big fan of Bourne trilogy...from the cast and director look like it will be a good one..
I love these films. The background music in these movies are so hilarious :wosschilder43:

slikrapid
09.02.12, 19:32
of the hugely popular espionage franchise that has earned almost $1 billion at the global box office: "The Bourne Legacy."

gotta milk the cow until it drops dead, eh?

the bourne trilogy is indeed composed of very good movies, where even damon's wooden acting wasn't a disadvantage, however one of their main negative elements was the overuse of shaky camera and fast cutting/editing (probably also too bombastic sound effects) that diminished the quality of viewing experience

the fact that damon isn't in the movie might suggest low script quality, which aligns with other things like: the main scriptwriter & director didn't make anything noteworthy for 5 years, whereas his co-writer has an abomination like 'real steel' under his belt

The writer/director expands the "Bourne" universe created by Robert Ludlum with an original story that introduces us to a new hero (Jeremy Renner) whose life-or-death stakes have been triggered by the events of the first three films.

lol, its basically the bourne story all over again, merely repackaged with some extras - granted, the trailer here sure looks decent enough

yoco
31.05.12, 22:45
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=nGH1MtXcI8E

shawshankraj
01.06.12, 02:54
Looking forward to it...

Config
03.06.12, 18:29
Wow. This is my favorite series. Thanks.

SealLion
02.09.12, 00:44
Just saw this film this afternoon. What I really liked in this film is the motorcycle/police/guy-from-Thailand chase around Manilla. The stunts pulled off during the Manilla chase were suspenseful and would probably have been even more so if, as Slik mentions above, weren't so shaky and unsteady as historically they are in some films. Including this one. I don't like shaky camera footage b/c it doesn't allow you to see what's going on. Who's had what happened to him, who did what, and so on. The ride down the stairway railing as skateboarders like to show off their skillfulness, was good too. I'd say that the stuntmen sure knew their stuff. I also liked the suspense and surprise this film had throughout it. The missile flying right past Bourne was great. LOL. I'd even say it made me jump.

If you haven't yet seen this film on the big screen and you like suspense, mystery, and chasing thrill rides this film is for you. It definitely was worth the money I spent to see it.
And of course, if you've seen Bourne series films before, you'll note that the last song in this film was, to my knowledge, the same as from the last one--Extreme ways by Moby. It brings a good ending to what I hope, will bring another series of this film in a couple of years.

yoco
02.09.12, 11:10
... I don't like shaky camera footage b/c it doesn't allow you to see what's going on. Who's had what happened to him, who did what, and so on...
Same here! I also dislike that kind of camera! Battle Los Angeles movie has in some scenes that way of shooting and it would be so much better movie if you actually knew what's going on!

SealLion
02.09.12, 17:19
... it would be so much better movie if you actually knew what's going on!

For sure. Another thing that just comes to mind is during the times that all the different spy-related antagonists in the film while in their hyper-secret information/detection room trying to track down the elusive Bourne and the doctor while on their way to the Philippines just seemed a bit stretched for me. I don't know but I just can't help it but think that the efficiency speed in tracking and identifying the 2 was just a tad exaggerated in those scenes. But then again, I guess it's b/c it's a movie. Nevertheless a good one too.

Smiths
20.12.12, 14:52
I saw the opening scene of the movie and was put off by his gratuitously cheesy posing. Maybe it's just me..

And also, I find men with full grown hairy beards and completely bare shaven chests to be very strange indeed.

It's like seeing a girl with dyed blond hair and natural dark brown eyebrows. It just seems doesn't seem quite right..

Jello
22.12.12, 06:38
The first three movies had something that this movie did not have which made it mediocre in comparison. I don't know if its a psychological thing that a new face sort of 'killed' the thrill, but I felt Matt Damon absorbed the character more.