PDA

View Full Version : I need a strategy for bitmetv.org

sebota
27.12.11, 21:21
I recently joined bitmetv.org and they seem to have strict rules including a monthly minimum download, usually leaving a torrent to seed for months works but I have only 2 GB to download and its not wise to use them in one month because I need to be downloading again the next month and if I already have used the 2GB I would be stepping into danger zone, the problem is that 300 Mb files are too small and before you know people would have already started and finished downloading them.

Anyone has a good strategy for this case ? I tried choosing a file to seed but in this case I was not sure at all, I tried just one file and no bytes were uploaded at all.

anon
27.12.11, 21:30
Anyone has a good strategy for this case ?

1. drop BitMeTV
2. use TvT or BTN (heard only good things about it)

There's no use in needlessly complicating your life.

sebota
27.12.11, 21:49
I guess you are right :( I was very happy to get in through registration though, thanks

Blocker
27.12.11, 23:25
BitMeTV staff is really tough!

Seeding there is hard unless you start cheating or using a seedbox

If you look for strategies : I'd download new episodes or popular TV shows and cheat or pay a seedbox service, but anon's advice sounds good too,

you can find the same content in another TV trackers even General/0-day trackers and you'll avoid some troubles if that sounds good for you

sebota
27.12.11, 23:47
@Blocker
Cheat & seedbox are out of the question, I wait and wait and I see no good shows then I go back after one hour I see 2-3 new hot shows and 10 people each already seeding them !!! large files are popular but I can't do that with 2GB limit in mind, I just need to wait until other good trackers open too for registration.

GymTanAndLaundry
28.12.11, 15:32
Ghost leeching works a wonder there, then you can take all you want and don't need to worry about stepping into danger zones, hitting land mines or being banned by bit-torrent nazi's. However, I'm not willing to go in to more details about that strategy with anybody who does not have anon's approval or a member tag. So do some research into ghostleeching if you want to keep the site, otherwise trade it off for BTN. I believe TVT is a permanent open registration, a good site it is too. Shame most of it is in Romanian though.

anon
28.12.11, 18:15
However, I'm not willing to go in to more details about that strategy with anybody who does not have anon's approval

I have da powerrr! :01:

Unfortunately, sebota doesn't wish to cheat... so the advice of forgetting about BMTV and using something else seems to be the best. (Also, ghostleeching can only do so much if they're enforcing that minimum activity requirement.)

sebota
28.12.11, 19:51
Ghost leeching works a wonder there, then you can take all you want and don't need to worry about stepping into danger zones, hitting land mines or being banned by bit-torrent nazi's. However, I'm not willing to go in to more details about that strategy with anybody who does not have anon's approval or a member tag. So do some research into ghostleeching if you want to keep the site, otherwise trade it off for BTN. I believe TVT is a permanent open registration, a good site it is too. Shame most of it is in Romanian though.

I appreciate your good intentions :smile: , cheat is out of the picture. but thanks for letting me know that TvT is Romanian stuff mostly, I would have wasted my time trying to get in.

What do you think of HDB, CHD ? TV content wise ?

I have da powerrr! :01:

anon we are lucky that you are taking care of us :streichel:

leechmodder
29.12.11, 03:23
TvT is Romanian stuff mostly

May be for news and announcements. Otherwise, it's english and easily usable even if you don't know Romanian. Also, the content is very good and in english.

sebota
29.12.11, 03:38
May be for news and announcements. Otherwise, it's english and easily usable even if you don't know Romanian. Also, the content is very good and in english.

what about rules and FAQ ? are they in Romanian too ?

leechmodder
29.12.11, 04:27
what about rules and FAQ ? are they in Romanian too ?
Both in English and Romanian.

sebota
30.12.11, 07:33
well it seems I am not allowed to register at TvT, only BTN left...

You aren't allowed to get an account on this website. This restriction applies even if you have an invite.

anon
30.12.11, 17:49
You're from..? That message equals "your IP/country is banned" from what I've read.

sebota
30.12.11, 21:18
You're from..? That message equals "your IP/country is banned" from what I've read.

Someone in my range is always two steps ahead of me and ruining my life , that's why! :SC12:

leechmodder
30.12.11, 21:21
Ha ha. Well, you can try on other sites :tongue:

sebota
30.12.11, 21:42
Ha ha. Well, you can try on other sites :tongue:

well after I figured this out I went and checked their categories in one review, they do have all the famous TV shows but they don't have what I want, I am looking for some Canadian home related TV shows and stuff like Martha Stewart shows, would appreciate any lead...

leechmodder
30.12.11, 21:51
I am sorry, I never had the hots for such shows but I will keep a lookout for them. If you were to name a show, maybe we can search our sources and see on which tracker it is available and then maybe you can try for those trackers.

anon
30.12.11, 21:53
If you were to name a show, maybe we can search our sources and see on which tracker it is available and then maybe you can try for those trackers.

I'll look in TvT! :01:

SealLion
30.12.11, 22:49
If no private torrent site search comes up for Martha Stewart, have you seen these yet??

Martha Stewart - Google Torrent Search (http://www.google.com/cse?cx=003849996876419856805:erhhdbygrma&ie=UTF-8&q=Martha+Stewart&sa=Search#gsc.tab=0&gsc.q=Martha%20Stewart&gsc.page=1)

and there are a few links on filecrop and 1Hotfile.com which I can't post here due to rules but I did find some Martha Stewart releases on both of them.

I never checked any of the links through the Google Torrent Search nor on Filecrop or on 1Hotfile but there are some there that I did see.

If you use Greasemonkey along with a links checker you should be able to determine whether or not some of those files are still alive.
Hope that helped a bit, sebota.

sebota
30.12.11, 23:11
I am sorry, I never had the hots for such shows but I will keep a lookout for them. If you were to name a show, maybe we can search our sources and see on which tracker it is available and then maybe you can try for those trackers.

I'll look in TvT! :01:

Wow guys, thank you :smile:

Show: The Martha Stewart Show
Network: Hallmark Channel, used to air on "Fine Living Network" (closed now)
Website: hallmarkchannel.com (http://hallmarkchannel.com/themarthastewartshow/home)

HGTV network has many shows and I never saw any of them, few of them are Divine Design , Candice Tells All, HGTV's Great Rooms with Meg Caswell, Color Splash, See More here (http://www.hgtv.com/on-tv/index.html#dm-shows-az)

OWN -The Oprah Winfrey Network www.oprah.com (http://www.oprah.com/own/shows.html) , home takeovers, Home Made Simple , ...

anon
30.12.11, 23:19
I feel a little dead inside after writing this, but neither TvT, Demonoid nor RuTracker (the last two are also havens for rare stuff) seem to have them...

sebota
30.12.11, 23:39
If no private torrent site search comes up for Martha Stewart, have you seen these yet??

Martha Stewart - Google Torrent Search (http://www.google.com/cse?cx=003849996876419856805:erhhdbygrma&ie=UTF-8&q=Martha+Stewart&sa=Search#gsc.tab=0&gsc.q=Martha%20Stewart&gsc.page=1)

and there are a few links on filecrop and 1Hotfile.com which I can't post here due to rules but I did find some Martha Stewart releases on both of them.

I never checked any of the links through the Google Torrent Search nor on Filecrop or on 1Hotfile but there are some there that I did see.

If you use Greasemonkey along with a links checker you should be able to determine whether or not some of those files are still alive.
Hope that helped a bit, sebota.

Thanks SealLion, actually the last time I downloaded a show from this genre, it was from Thepiratebay, but in General there is nothing out there of this type of shows, that is what I was hoping to find in an elite TV tracker, it is supposed to have what you can't find in public, you will only find fake links, some shows that Martha attended, but not her show.

Thanks for the Greasemonkey tip. :smile:

---------- Post added at 01:39 ---------- Previous post was at 01:31 ----------

I feel a little dead inside after writing this, but neither TvT, Demonoid nor RuTracker (the last two are also havens for rare stuff) seem to have them...

Thats OK anon, thanks for trying! we just need to find a tracker run by a bunch of old ladies :lol:

leechmodder
31.12.11, 08:16
Yeah seems hard to come by. BTN only this torrent of Martha Stewart:

"Martha.Stewart.Presents.-.Grilling.Secrets.of.the.Master.Chefs.1080i.HDTV.D D5.1.MPEG2-TrollHD" 4.10GB

Otherwise MS didn't turn up at anywhere else :(

sebota
01.01.12, 02:55
Yeah seems hard to come by. BTN only this torrent of Martha Stewart:

"Martha.Stewart.Presents.-.Grilling.Secrets.of.the.Master.Chefs.1080i.HDTV.D D5.1.MPEG2-TrollHD" 4.10GB

Otherwise MS didn't turn up at anywhere else :(

It's OK. Thanks for taking the time to help! I'll keep searching, maybe I will find something one day.

RomanKory
17.01.12, 01:52
I have found that a good way to build up ratio is pick as new a file as possible with a lot of leechers.
Now, make sure it is a multi part file... ie rar. Then d/l like 500Mb and use that to seed. Seems to
work well for me.

sebota
18.01.12, 18:28
I have found that a good way to build up ratio is pick as new a file as possible with a lot of leechers.
Now, make sure it is a multi part file... ie rar. Then d/l like 500Mb and use that to seed. Seems to
work well for me.

Some sites seem to be focused on money like TL, I think they want users to to see money as the best solution, I am not going to bother myself anymore, thanks for the feedback