PDA

View Full Version : To convert .json to .xml

SealLion
17.07.11, 16:44
I've been scouring the internet and haven't yet been able to find an appropriate program that'll convert a .json file into a .xml file. It's mainly b/c I downloaded and installed a different WinXP OS and I decided to try out Firefox 5 ( which I kind of had drawbacks on though my other OS use 3.X for firefox versions).

Most of my extensions, would you have it, aren't even compatible for this newer version of firefox (Thanks-a-lot!! Your a$$ is fired firefox !!). I installed Password Exporter to get the passwords from their original .json file into what PE can handle.

So does anyone have any interesting links to supply as I haven't been able to find anything decent other than finding .xml to .json including scripts which aren't what I'm looking for. Again, I'd prefer a small program or extension of some sort rather than a script.

Any help from you and I promise I'll never curse you to become a mermaid-dog.

fuzzy
24.07.11, 03:45
In the last 5 minutes I've been trying to get your problem. Please answer these questions for a better understanding of the issue:
1. What are you trying to import? passwords?
2. What is the format you have them in? JSON?
3. What's does addon compatibility and Password Exporter have to do with it?

Sazzy
24.07.11, 03:56
try this (http://www.spyontech.com/how-to/5-simple-steps-to-make-any-add-on-compatible-with-your-firefox-5-final.htm) first. It would surprise me if they're really not compatible. After following those steps, ALL (and I have A LOT) my plugins worked just fine. No bullshit exporting or whatever. My main issue seemed to be that all my plugins had a hardcoded max version of 3.x but they work just fine in higher versions as well.

SealLion
24.07.11, 04:23
In the last 5 minutes I've been trying to get your problem. Please answer these questions for a better understanding of the issue:
1. What are you trying to import? passwords?
2. What is the format you have them in? JSON?
3. What's does addon compatibility and Password Exporter have to do with it?

1. Yes. Of course. Just like I already mentioned above.
2. Yes. Of course. Just like I also already mentioned above. Firefox has the passwords in .json format.
3. Add-on compatibility has everything to do with it.
Add-on compatibility is relevant to every newer version of firefox and the current extensions on firefox version 3.X being either compatible or not compatible with the newer version of firefox 5.X.

@Sazzy. It worked.
Your awesome.
Many,
many,
many,
many,
many,
many,
many
thaaaaaannkkkssss. :txtloves:

fuzzy
24.07.11, 04:29
I didn't get it cause I've seen Password Exporter being version 3.0 - 6.* compatible. Anyway glad to hear you solved your problem.

In the future avoid using tutorials that point you to editing different files for getting incompatible addons to work as you'll be reediting with every major Firefox Update. And at the rate it's currently going it's gonna be quite often.
Instead use Nightly Tester Tools as I and a lot of other users suggested.
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/nightly-tester-tools/
Just install it and disable addon compatibility checking. It's the better solution in the long run.

SealLion
24.07.11, 04:40
whole post

The reason why I use Mr. Tech Toolkit rather than the nightly tester is b/c Mr. TechToolkit does more than just disable the add-on compatibility thing. I use it for a number of other tweeks to firefox such as file and menu options, managing hacks, context menu items, config options, and quite a bit more. Mr. TechToolkit, which I didn't mention, isn't compatible with the newer version. I don't go anywhere without Mr. TechToolkit. Not even to the bathroom.

fuzzy
24.07.11, 05:01
The reason why I use Mr. Tech Toolkit rather than the nightly tester is b/c Mr. TechToolkit does more than just disable the add-on compatibility thing. I use it for a number of other tweeks to firefox such as file and menu options, managing hacks, context menu items, config options, and quite a bit more. Mr. TechToolkit, which I didn't mention, isn't compatible with the newer version. I don't go anywhere without Mr. TechToolkit. Not even to the bathroom.

You got me wrong. I suggested using Nightly Tester Tools so you can have the power of program updates + old addons with any version of Firefox as this one addon gets updated constantly and it's option to disable addon compatibility works. It does some more stuff but I don't really care. You can use any other tweaking addon on top of it if you please, be it Mr. Tech Toolkit or anything else.
It is just great that you don't have to edit manually the check compatibility option when a new update rolls out or to digg in the addon itself, so you can use it.

SealLion
24.07.11, 05:30
Firstly, I understand the thing about disabling add-on compatibility. What I'm talking about is that Mr. TechToolkit is exactly what it's name describes it to be. A toolkit.

Secondly, the nightly tester extension doesn't even do half the things that I'd normally have done. Why should I have add-on capability disabled from one extension just so that add-on compatibility can be disabled via another extension. Understand part of what I"m saying now??

Thirdly, yes, I came across the thread you linked to earlier. I"m aware of it.

Fourth, the problem that I've just recently discovered is that the nightly tester doesn't have the add-on compatibility for Mouse Gestures Redox ( another extension I"m too used to, to give up on) even after the about:config thing from Sazzy's post and the nightly tester force-add-on compatibility.

Fifth. This is bullsh***t.
I"m just going to return to version 3. X and the problem will be over and done with.

Listen good buddy. Thanks for all your suggestions. :smile:
It's appreciated. But if firefox 5 doesn't please me. Then it ain't good enough.

fuzzy
24.07.11, 12:18
We're both speaking english but our understanding on the matter is different.
Anyway, glad to see you taking a stance.

Check out: Palemoon or Blazingfast or any other ff recompile while you're at it too, if you ever need that extra bit of speed.
Ooh, and remember although you are satisfied with it right now, Firefox support for version 3.x won't last forever, and might end before the end of the year.
Try to get your grips on the new version or try another browser though I doubt you'll be pleased after you've played around with addons in Firefox.