PDA

View Full Version : RSS in uTorrent

hearthrob
04.07.11, 17:25
I've been wanting to ask this question but could not find an appropriate section to start a thread for it. Mod, if this is not the correct place, pls help me shift it. Sorry for the trouble.

I use RSS alot to auto-download/upload all the freeleech stuff to boost the ratios. However the RSS feature in uTorrent can only be set to minimum update frequency of 5mins in the advance config. Even if you set it to 1*, it will still stick with the 5mins interval.

Is there anyway to hack into uTorrent or mod it to have the flexibility of updating RSS feeds as short as 2-3mins? I'd really appreciate if a code guru here can shed some light on that. Thanks for any constructive comments in advance. :smile:

anon
04.07.11, 17:35
It can probably be done with some Assembler work (me looks at Owyn :shifty:), but I do agree with that minimum. Using very low intervals puts extra load on the servers.

If you need speed, consider an IRC autodownload script - it can add torrents to your client the second they hit the tracker with negligible overhead. I don't know if that can be done with uTorrent, though...

hearthrob
04.07.11, 19:11
If you need speed, consider an IRC autodownload script - it can add torrents to your client the second they hit the tracker with negligible overhead. I don't know if that can be done with uTorrent, though...

Thanks for the suggestion, anon. Yes mIRC with IRC script work. It can auto download torrents into a watch folder which I can set in utorrent. I've also use IRSSI with rutorrent/rtorrent on majority of my non-chinese trackers. However problem is with the chinese trackers like chdbits which does not have IRC and the only way to auto download is via their unreliable RSS feed. :frown:

phanom
16.09.11, 18:24
Why does it even mather if its 2 or 5 minutes?

Instab
16.09.11, 19:12
Why dös it even mather if its 2 or 5 minutes?
it depends on the tracker. on the very fast ones after a few minutes most of the action is over :P