PDA

View Full Version : do you need "DO NOT add real uploaded" option for FakeUpload ?

Owyn
21.06.11, 15:23
while I was remaking multi\fakeupload whole system in my uSerenity and this one option mentioned was intensivly requiring attention and logic (it's all possible but pretty complex) i came to the thought - is it even needed? when i was making fakeuplaod i just added some options i could think about but now when i think about it - it just lowering security and won't be used neither for guys with "Noupload" or for guys who care about not getting caught. so i'm planning to remove it, what do you think?

anon
21.06.11, 22:28
Let me be the first one to post :wtongue:

I've always chosen not to report real upload on top of the fake one, because I prefer to have more control over what's sent to the tracker, at the same time I don't like using no upload. This way I knew exactly what the tracker would see, and if I managed to upload for real, that didn't change the picture.

piratemeister
21.06.11, 23:52
No Upload + Send to the tracker Fake Upload between X and Y for every torrent. Upload is needed for eMule
That's what I've done with Vuze... I used maybe for 2 days... :D
uTorrent always used fakeup by anon.

Now I'm using an anon's mod, with upload limit to 1 kb/s. Never used your userenity except for some leeching on public trackers just for try, so I can't help you... I don't vote, but if this feature is useful only for be banned from trackers, remove it.

p.s. I'm a N00b

Owyn
22.06.11, 00:11
if this feature is useful only for be banned from trackers
that's what i thought :)

to have more control over what's sent to the tracker
but you could just set upload speed limit to torrent\whole program to 1kb\sec or any limit you want, why not?

+with little some of real upload it would look more realistic

mizo
22.06.11, 01:15
in my opinion there is no need for this feature
i can make a higher multiplier whenever i want so this feature is useless

Evilmill
22.06.11, 17:17
in my opinion it not needed..

if we use fake upload values between "x" and "y" and wen connected to "z" no of peers.
where "x" any "y" values are kept between the ISP upload speed.

lolz
22.06.11, 17:49
I have never used this feature so I vote for "remove it"

Gapo
07.07.11, 17:03
Remove what? "Add real uploaded"? I don't find much use of that feature, so I wouldn't mind.

anon
07.07.11, 19:12
Remove what? "Add real uploaded"?

Mmm... no.

Gapo
07.07.11, 19:37
It was quite hard to understand what Owyn was talking about. Anyway, I didn't know uSerenity already had a "DO NOT add real uploaded" option. In that case, I vote to keep this.

zizo22
09.07.11, 22:52
i think it will better if you remove this feature.
i have never use this feature too :(