PDA

View Full Version : The announce

pepi
30.04.11, 09:44
Hi! I have read that with te announce the client (or RM) send to the tracker the mean speed you have had with the torrent.

Does it mean if you get wrong and instead of writting in RM 400 you put 4000 you could compensate with writting low speeds the rest of the session to low the mean speed?

Does it send other things apart from that?

Thank you

shoulder
30.04.11, 10:05
The announce doesn't send the speed, but the total download and uopload since the last one.
And yes, there's also some information send, like sometimes the &event flag, ... .

pepi
30.04.11, 10:15
or the GETs the client send to the tracker at half the session more or less are with the total amount downloaded and uploaded too isnt it?

in the RM log i see &event started or stopped, so it only sends the info of stopping or continuing/starting the torrent, without any mention to download/upload amount i think

shoulder
30.04.11, 10:23
or the GETs the client send to the tracker at half the session more or less are with the total amount downloaded and uploaded too isnt it?
I don't get what you mean?

And yes, the &event doesn't send anything about download and upload.

anon
30.04.11, 19:17
Does it mean if you get wrong and instead of writting in RM 400 you put 4000

The RM has a nifty button called "Reset Counters" in case you make mistakes like that. I recommended that addition to Mr. RM personally. Sadly, no one seems to use it. :idunno:

The announce doesn't send the speed, but the total download and uopload since the last one.

It's the total cumulative upload and download since you started the torrent. :happy:

in the RM log i see &event started or stopped, so it only sends the info of stopping or continuing/starting the torrent, without any mention to download/upload amount i think

Read this, it'll clear many of your doubts:
BitTorrentSpecification - TheoryOrg (http://wiki.theory.org/BitTorrentSpecification)