PDA

View Full Version : Make the author of the post to close threads.

ParamouR
27.04.11, 12:13
Hey here is a suggestion to make it possible for the author of a thread to close his thread if his problem is solved suppose in a Give-Away or his request is fulfilled he can close his thread, making it of a less work for the moderator to-do.

Just a taught. Discuss

anon
27.04.11, 17:16
FST has that. Why not. :idunno:

ParamouR
27.04.11, 22:10
FST has that. Why not. :idunno:
why not implement it on SB-I too then. Are there any cons?

40 views yet just 1 feedback. Its an insult to the author of this thread :wfrown:

Instab
28.04.11, 05:31
the closing of a thread is a staff decision and FST is quite a bad example for good mod-work :lol:

isabella
29.04.11, 17:50
lol that would never work.

ParamouR
29.04.11, 20:29
lol that would never work.
and why you think so? I have seen many forums who follow it and save some amount of time for the Staff to deal with other activities and maintenance.

Instab
29.04.11, 22:00
and why you think so? I have seen many forums who follow it and save some amount of time for the Staff to deal with other activities and maintenance.

sure but we're not that big by far so ...

isabella
05.05.11, 20:09
I prefer that the administration is left to admins. otherwise it gets like yahoo answers or youtube: controlled by retards and trolls. lol I can delete any account any time I want on theses sites.

Sazzy
05.05.11, 20:19
there is no harm done when someone answers a question that is already answered tbh. That person might even have to add something valuable, thus improving on the answer. Another person might also have a question similar enough to not open a new thread but instead ask it here. Something that would be impossible when the thread is closed.

I'm personally not a big fan of closing a thread anyway. It's a forum for a reason. Closed threads kind of defeat the purpose imho. And if you really want it closed, you can always use the report button to ask for it. Our mods usually see it and respond accordingly the same day.

Renji-Kun
10.05.11, 18:51
also the moderators here are participative
u can easily see them posting on almost every thread so i guess they can handle pretty good
and if one day the community come so big they can give some users the power to help them and make some sort of sub-moderator class or something like that

this can also become a mess i agree that close threads is a staff decision and also like Sazzy said we have a button to report the thread

Gapo
17.06.11, 23:15
I don't see why this shouldn't be implemented in the suggested area. ParamouR makes a good point and I concur the sentiment.

mammamia11
18.06.11, 00:14
this forum has plenty of VERY active moderators, in my opinion closing the thread as the topic starter is not very nesesseray, once you report to close the thread it will be closed in no time.

Instab
18.06.11, 00:36
this forum has plenty of VERY active moderators, in my opinion closing the thread as the topic starter is not very nesesseray, once you report to close the thread it will be closed in no time.

that sums it up pretty much. time to close here :lol: