PDA

View Full Version : Message when burnt a disk

austin316
16.04.11, 20:50
Hi, I just burnt a driving software on a Dual Layer disk and when i had placed the disk in the drive it had stated that it was counterfeit, can anyone tell me why this happened and is there something that can be done.

Renji-Kun
16.04.11, 21:40
which software do you use to burn? and which media?
could you explain better so we can help ^^

takomania
16.04.11, 23:09
sounds like basic copy protection to me - could be one of many.

more info needed though - was it a release, or just something you copied?

if you copied it yourself, be sure to make the copy with something such as alcohol120% to enable you to read and write any subchannel data protection.

that's provided you have a half decent burner at least...

...also... why do you need to burn it? you could just use emulation (alcohol120%, deamon tools etc) to emulate any basic forms of disc security...

...argh - i've got more questions than you.

-edit-
just noticed your handle - the usual drill when someone invites you to a site is to say 'thanks', even if you accept the invite and don't download.

austin316
17.04.11, 00:22
Takomania I am sorry if I didnt say thanks, I have repped you. Anyway its a verbatim dual layer disks, the software is an image file which I had made from the original disk. The reason why I want to burn it on a disk is daemon tools doesnt work on win 7 and I need daemon tools to work for the software to work. I had used ashampoo burning studio. Is there anything that can be done.

takomania
17.04.11, 00:29
thanks austin!

daemon tools works fine on win 7 - been using it since win7 was in rc state...

chances are, the drivers it uses are clashing with a piece of software you run (happened to me not very long ago with a piece of security software called keyscrambler).

you could try using alcohol120%, but you may still have issues with whatever is running alongside it...

what software is it, by the way?

anon
17.04.11, 04:08
austin316: you're burning a disc, not a disk. Just for the record...

austin316
17.04.11, 18:11
If i need to mount the image file on daemoon tools it doesnt work on win 7 as I need an IDE drive for it to work, which it doesnt on win 7. The software is "driving test success". So are saying its no point burning to a disc.

LOL thanks for the correction anon, thought both meant the same.

takomania
17.04.11, 19:36
oh - are you 100% scsi or something...?

i recently acquired UK Driving Test Success 2011 Edition for a friend and she needs to mount the images using daemon tools or alcohol.

for the image to be of any use at all though, you need to have read the protection to begin with, or you'll need to crack the software.

if you can't use daemon tools, use alcohol...

austin316
18.04.11, 22:42
I need the IDE drive for daemon tools in order to mount the image and alchohol hasnt got that image. I dont know how I got successfully burn the image on a disk either. Did your friend mount the image in the end.

takomania
18.04.11, 23:16
yeah, she just mounted it...

austin316
19.04.11, 22:04
tako is it possible you can find out how she mounted it on win 7, as I have had no success and also if i can mount it then there would be no point of burning a disk.

takomania
20.04.11, 01:19
check your pm.

austin316
13.05.11, 15:49
can anyone tell me how to burn the software successfully without the message saying its couterfeight, also I have downloaded dameon tools pro, but all say on win 7 is that it is a trial not full version, is there anyway around this.

austin316
26.05.11, 20:07
anyone please help me

fuzzy
24.07.11, 05:23
Ok so I wasn't paying attention to what you specified the software to be but the suggestion written below still aplies:

Suggestion: if it's not some obscure game/software you wanna burn just go on piratebay or your favorite torrent tracker and download the image file. You usually can use your licence to play/use that piece of software, and mounting it in the latest version of Daemon Tools Lite would certainly work.
Than if you need to share with a close friend just burn the image as a file to a drive if it fails the old way, or just buy or borrow a crappy flash drive and copy the image file to it.