PDA

View Full Version : Virgin Dynamic IP

austin316
15.04.11, 00:24
Hi i have virgin media as my ISP, but the problem is i cant change my IP address, even though it has changed before. I have switched off the router and turned it back on but no luck. Any suggestions.

anon
15.04.11, 00:26
I'd refer you to "changing your IP" under the tutorial list, but my empirical knowledge dictates you've surely tried all that without any luck whatsoever.

GymTanAndLaundry
15.04.11, 01:37
Hi i have virgin media as my ISP, but the problem is i cant change my IP address, even though it has changed before. I have switched off the router and turned it back on but no luck. Any suggestions.

We share the same ISP and there is a way to change your IP, but it's not by rebooting your modem.

I change my IP by spoofing my mac address, for Virgin users this is the only way to get a new IP instantaneously. I should probably write up a tutorial for Virgin users on how they can successfully spoof their IP.

If you're somewhat tech savvy and think you'll be able to change your MAC without a step-by-step tutorial, then the software I use to spoof my MAC and get a new IP address is called TMAC, google it and you should find a download for the software. Best of luck :smile:

anon
15.04.11, 01:40
I change my IP by spoofing my mac address, for Virgin users this is the only way to get a new IP within minutes. I should probably write up a tutorial for Virgin users on how they can successfully spoof their IP.

If you're somewhat tech savvy and think you'll be able to change your MAC without a step-by-step tutorial, then the software I use to spoof my MAC and get a new IP address is called TMAC, google it and you should find a download for the software. Best of luck :smile:

C:\Users\anon-sbi\Documents>macshift.exe -i "Local Area Connection" -r

/thread

GymTanAndLaundry
15.04.11, 01:47
C:\Users\anon-sbi\Documents>macshift.exe -i "Local Area Connection" -r

/thread

Haha, the software I use takes a little more work than that. Pretty cool your software uses flags to make it simpler.
But yeah... he/she basically needs to change their MAC and they'll get a new IP :) Maybe they didn't read/understand the tutorials section lol.

austin316
15.04.11, 23:24
Gymtaandlaundry, is it possible you can write a tutorial telling me how to spoof my ip address.

anon
15.04.11, 23:26
Yeah, it's not like we have one (http://www.sb-innovation.de/f59/how-spoof-your-mac-address-9761/).

GymTanAndLaundry
20.04.11, 16:39
Yeah, it's not like we have one (http://www.sb-innovation.de/f59/how-spoof-your-mac-address-9761/).

I'm working on it ;]