PDA

View Full Version : Validating Cheating Tips

The Shutter
26.03.11, 12:12
Oh, I know that you were'nt' suggesting anything about proofs being necessary. I understand very well that you were making a comment on the idea that people here didn't need to give proofs and that you were stating that it is nice here to give people a reprieve from the screenshot element. I'm also just commenting on it as well. Kind of 're-inforcing' the idea, that is.

i was suggesting a simple rule like don't ask for invite until you reach 1 week or 30posts (no spam or reply only something useful for sb-i) .

btw on cheating threads ... some users just reply without thinking with faulty cheating methods or options & i know all their words are just lies , as a user if i listen to them & use the options they said i will get banned , so mods must check that this member is saying actual cheating story not a lie , i know that this will take a lot of time but liars will harm other members .

shoulder
26.03.11, 12:16
About that wrong cheating tips:
It's quite hard for Staff to check if those tips are actually right or wrong. If we knew about all cheating tips we wouldn't need our members to build up the "cheating library".
Of course a lot of bad tips can be identified pretty fast, but not everything I guess.

The Shutter
26.03.11, 13:00
It's quite hard for Staff to check if those tips are actually right or wrong. If we knew about all cheating tips we wouldn't need our members to build up the "cheating library".
Of course a lot of bad tips can be identified pretty fast, but not everything I guess.

i know it's pretty hard to do so & also i know that cheating threads are updated by members + staff on personal experience , but there must be punishments to faulty cheating tips , ex: member on bitmetv said he was cheating with 2mb/s on bitmetv & his account lasted 5 years . i had a seedbox & never got to that speed a lot maybe one or two times max , when i asked him to send me a screen shot from his account (covering up all the details just showing the ratio) he ignored the reply ...
so what if i was a new member & did what he said ( i will be banned ) ....

maybe members can help report this things to staff .

shoulder
26.03.11, 13:19
Yes of course that is a problem. But to find a really good solution to this problem is hard.

The best way to avoid getting banned is always to look if at least another user confirms this method and being reasonable.

The Shutter
26.03.11, 14:38
Yes of course that is a problem. But to find a really good solution to this problem is hard.

The best way to avoid getting banned is always to look if at least another user confirms this method and being reasonable.

yes that's a reasonable way to confirm cheating methods , but why not punish liars ??
if rules can be edited to ex : " any member adding unreal cheating experience will be warned once or twice then banned"
to speak for myself i don't want liars in a forum i'm participating in as i know others don't want that too .
all i can say that if proved that a member was just bluffing must be punished.
members can report that to the staff & staff can contact the member to see a screen shot from their account ( ratio will show if that really works or not )

shoulder
26.03.11, 14:45
Yes I get your point but when it comes to punishing it's quite hard to decide?

Did he lie intentionally or did he think the mentioned really works?
Did he maybe miss an important step in the method by accident?
Did it work when he posted and now doesn't anymore?
Could the ratio shown on the proof screen be faked? Or being achived using other cheating methods?

You see, deciding about a punishment is pretty hard and punishing somebody who didn't deserve it is the last thing we want.

The Shutter
26.03.11, 14:50
Yes I get your point but when it comes to punishing it's quite hard to decide?

Did he lie intentionally or did he think the mentioned really works?
Did he maybe miss an important step in the method by accident?
Did it work when he posted and now doesn't anymore?
Could the ratio shown on the proof screen be faked? Or being achived using other cheating methods?

You see, deciding about a punishment is pretty hard and punishing somebody who didn't deserve it is the last thing we want.

all the above i'm not talking about , i'm talking like i say i've cheated 100gb on what.cd today with 99999kb/s speed ( unrealistic cheating experience ).
so rules will apply on unreal cheating experience not on a cheating method that used to work but no don't , that's not member fault .
if i added a reply in a cheating thread i should be sure of what i write & not just adding lies .

shoulder
26.03.11, 14:57
Yes, and there we are.

"Today I've cheated 100GB on What with 99999KB/s and it worked for me".
So, the next day it doesn't work anymore, you try it and get banned.

Am I the liar now because it worked for me the day before and I posted it?

The Shutter
26.03.11, 15:13
Yes, and there we are.

"Today I've cheated 100GB on What with 99999KB/s and it worked for me".
So, the next day it doesn't work anymore, you try it and get banned.

Am I the liar now because it worked for me the day before and I posted it?

this is just unreal cheating , or maybe who does things like that is just dumb ... but harming other new member or even old members is just wrong

anon
26.03.11, 18:08

This. If we spot someone intentionally talking shit to harm our other members, he'll be dealt with, but sadly we aren't psychic, nor do we know everything about every tracker.

The best measure remains common sense. If you see someone saying things that may be impossible to achieve, then don't follow his steps. Sadly this won't work for new users.

The Shutter
26.03.11, 18:33
If you see someone saying things that may be impossible to achieve, then don't follow his steps. Sadly this won't work for new users.

i don't & i won't do so ever , but what about new users(noobs) , they will be banned.
from my end i don't cheat to survive on trackers , i just like to know the weakness of every single tracker cheating scripts system & staff .
but you don't see me writing i've cheated a 300gb or 500gb ...etc on .... tracker , i keep it to myself because i know if someone tries this may get banned.
writing real cheating tips are ok , but just bluffing with nonsense is just wrong , as i said they should be punished .
users can report any unreal cheating tip & you can deal with them from your point of view , if that's possible then leave the comment else then delete it & give the user infraction .

anon
26.03.11, 18:35
writing real cheating tips are ok , but just bluffing with nonsense is just wrong , as i said they should be punished .
users can report any unreal cheating tip & you can deal with them from your point of view , if that's possible then leave the comment else then delete it & give the user infraction .

Feel free to report anyone you think may be lying, but as it's been said, there are many things involved.

The Shutter
26.03.11, 20:57
Feel free to report anyone you think may be lying, but as it's been said, there are many things involved.

will do but just as i said you can differentiate between true & false tips ;)

shoulder
27.03.11, 23:49
Yes, but not always.
To give you an example, you're given example about What has really worked in the past.
Did you believe this? :P