PDA

View Full Version : Is going into ratio watch a good way to appear as a new user.

philiptorrent
25.03.11, 14:34
Just wandering is it a good strategy to deliberately put yourself in ratio watch when you initially re register on a tracker so to the staff you look like the typical new user. I would think that as long as you know you can get yourself out of it that this is a good strategy.

The Shutter
25.03.11, 15:18
maybe a week or two depending on tracker

anon
25.03.11, 18:03
Just wandering is it a good strategy to deliberately put yourself in ratio watch

Nope.

slikrapid
25.03.11, 18:43
probably not, firstly because you would draw unnecessary attention towards your account and secondly because users that have ratio problems are more likely to use unwanted/unauthorized ratio increasing methods (ie. cheating), thus in both cases likely to be observed more closely by the tracker staff

The Shutter
25.03.11, 22:06
I would think that as long as you know you can get yourself out of it that this is a good strategy.

don't use your account for 1 -2 weeks until you account is safe , if the tracker ask you to download anything in first 2 weeks then cheat wisely & download small size torrent

mammamia11
27.03.11, 20:20
waffels for example will force new users to be active in the forum or download something the first 2 weeks or acount will be removed. as the shutter say litle faking do the job

anon
27.03.11, 20:23
waffels for example will force new users to be active in the forum or download something the first 2 weeks or acount will be removed.

That hasn't been in place for a while, as far as I know. I don't see why you'd want to cheat in your first days, just grab something small and seed it a lot. Ratios usually aren't enforced until you download a certain amount of gigabytes.