PDA

View Full Version : BeeFree Anti-Tracking

Renk
13.03.11, 18:40
Removes tracking links from several web search engines.

In order to protect your privacy online BEEFREE removes tracking links, replaces your browser's user agent and removes the HTTP referrer when needed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
As a side-effect BEEFREE will speed-up your Net surfing!!!!!!!!!! Good, is it? -- It's the price you'll pay for avoiding to connect yourself with (slow and evil) tracking servers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

https://addons.mozilla.org/fr/firefox/addon/beefree/

But:

(after 30 days, addons.mozilla.org, has not yet published the update of BeeFree from version 0.2.1.19 to 0.2.1.24!! even skipping all versions in the between!!! You'd better to download the original version of BeeFree from the HONEY BEE NET if you don't want to experience slowdowns!!!

That set imo a yellow flag.

Actual site:
BEEFREE (http://honeybeenet.altervista.org/beefree/?id=105000)

What do you think about it ??

SaintShaolin
14.03.11, 01:33
I would like to get feedback from other people, too.
(especially since it's still unapproved)

Their website looks a bit too amateurish to me;
I would be cautious with their add-on.

Resurrection
14.03.11, 04:39
Yeah I tried it...It didn't me give any different results on the Jondo's Anonymity test you mentioned earlier...

Did you try it yourself?

Renk
14.03.11, 13:54
Yeah I tried it...It didn't me give any different results on the Jondo's Anonymity test you mentioned earlier...

Did you try it yourself?

Yes. Worst (in jondo anonymity'sense) because with default BeeFree's settings, language and charsert were empty, wich set an orange flag by Jondo. But in BeeFree's "default fallback action" you can disable "accept language action" and "accept charset action" features, so that my jondo Test become green again.

It would be appropriate to test User Agent with other sites.

Resurrection
18.03.11, 05:39
It would be appropriate to test User Agent with other sites.

Faking a user-agent is not a problem.There is an add-on for that...

However in that test you mentioned earlier I get very few greens (just 3 actually) and reds in HTTP Session,Cookies,Flash Cookies,Fonts,Tab name,Mime types,PluginsBrowser ,Browser window,Local storage and Fonts.

I'm not worried about the last few but "Third Party sites may get your cookies and may track you" is something I don't like...