PDA

View Full Version : What happened v2

The Shutter
10.03.11, 00:23
That's what we thought of this (http://www.sb-innovation.de/f229/tracker-cheating-table-10786/) and this (http://www.sb-innovation.de/f229/popular-tracker-cheat-table-info-17816/). I'd love to be proven wrong, but that appears to be a utopia.

But hey, at least we have the cheating quick links index.

yeah the problem is inactivity of members here , i don't see a lot of people here even though the forum help members boost their ratio

anon
10.03.11, 01:12
Things used to be better around here. At its peak, back in 2009, this place would easily get 150-200 posts per day, sometimes nearing 300. Now it's no longer like that. I don't know what happened.

The Shutter
10.03.11, 12:11
Things used to be better around here. At its peak, back in 2009, this place would easily get 150-200 posts per day, sometimes nearing 300. Now it's no longer like that. I don't know what happened.

maybe cause most of the tracer lang is de also a better style would be nice.
btw i've just flashed on tl so crossing fingers :rolleyes:

SaintShaolin
10.03.11, 13:11
People are probably tired of cheating.
That's why they're no longer here. LOL. Just Kidding.

anon
10.03.11, 17:06
maybe cause most of the tracer lang is de

The English section greatly outnumbers the German area in this place. And I think the latter is 50% real-life politics, 40% BitTorrent politics, 10% filesharing-related things (including cheating). :lol:

also a better style would be nice.

You can change the forum's skin via your user CP or at the bottom of every page. I'm using Future Black and it's awesome.

The Shutter
10.03.11, 17:28
The English section greatly outnumbers the German area in this place. And I think the latter is 50% real-life politics, 40% BitTorrent politics, 10% filesharing-related things (including cheating). :lol:

You can change the forum's skin via your user CP or at the bottom of every page. I'm using Future Black and it's awesome.

if there's a section for downloading movies,games,series,apps...etc via direct links (rs,hf...etc) will make this place better , also the forum need a better style + better logo.

Future Black just hurt the eyes of the user look at your user name blue with dark grey bg and a green light , just too painful

anon
10.03.11, 17:30
if there's a section for downloading movies,games,series,apps...etc via direct links (rs,hf...etc) will make this place better , also the forum need a better style + better logo.

Refer to rule 3. This isn't a warez forum, and it will never be.

Future Black just hurt the eyes of the user look at your user name blue with dark grey bg and a green light , just too painful

Light Gray!

mirrormask
10.03.11, 18:11
People are probably tired of cheating.

actually i think that there is a lot less cheating going on on private trackers than let's say a year ago.
many people got seedboxes and also quite a few no ratio sites opened up.

yoco
10.03.11, 23:05

I'm missing those days!

SaintShaolin
11.03.11, 02:07
So for the people like me who have no seedboxes and not-so-awesome upload speeds,
cheating is one way of survival in the nasty world of torrents.
The other way, of course, is to play it the legitly.

Blocker
11.03.11, 03:22
mmh i don't know what happened ¿? :confused:

perhaps It's a natural crisis!

Instab
11.03.11, 03:24

I'm missing those days!

well it dropped but we still have posts between 150 and 200 many times each month

Resurrection
11.03.11, 03:52
Also quite a few trackers are shifting into the ratio-less mode...

SaintShaolin
11.03.11, 05:27
I haven't seen any ratioless elearning trackers yet. Are there any?
I wish .bz sites would go ratioless. Or, BitMe. :D

Mihai
11.03.11, 11:21
What happened? I'm not sure yet but I think it has something to do with people knowing to well how to cheat. I remember before I posted the waffles method, every body including me were talking about every tracker and how far some went with speeds and stuff. These days, if somebody asks how to cheat we just say: WM...
This might be one of the reasons I think...

The Shutter
11.03.11, 11:34
So for the people like me who have no seedboxes and not-so-awesome upload speeds,
cheating is one way of survival in the nasty world of torrents.
The other way, of course, is to play it the legitly.

Still seedbox can't help a lot on trackers like Waffles ;)

I haven't seen any ratioless elearning trackers yet. Are there any?
I wish .bz sites would go ratioless. Or, BitMe. :D

most of the e-learning trackers are easy to cheat on including .bz ;)

What happened? I'm not sure yet but I think it has something to do with people knowing to well how to cheat. I remember before I posted the waffles method, every body including me were talking about every tracker and how far some went with speeds and stuff. These days, if somebody asks how to cheat we just say: WM...
This might be one of the reasons I think...

still users will have questions cause the tutorials doesn't answer all , some users including me find ourselves searching in a 80 or something pages to find out a way to cheat like flashing .

i told anon we need a new topic sticky only one post to add the latest cheating methods for each tracker will help members .

Also quite a few trackers are shifting into the ratio-less mode...

Not the important one's :rolleyes:

ParamouR
11.03.11, 11:39
lol you really like being applauded hm.. :wtongue: Joking well you deserve it.
so Mihai do has a great point, WM has earned me a lot of knowledge about does and don't s of cheating not to forget anon here :wsmile:

AS for less post it could be that people have stared creating threads now in place of posts :lol:

SaintShaolin
11.03.11, 12:33
most of the e-learning trackers are easy to cheat on including .bz ;)

I wasn't so lucky. I think I got disabled 3 or 4 times before.
However, I'm glad I'm in all .bz sites now.

But still, ratioless would be the best way to go.
It would stop people from cheating, and worrying about their ratio.

ParamouR
11.03.11, 12:39
But still, ratioless would be the best way to go.

You forgot to mention 'them' at the end :( "But still, ratioless would be the best way to go."

SaintShaolin
11.03.11, 12:56
@ParamouR: I'm sorry. Are you referring to my grammar?
I don't understand what you are talking about - "them"?
I think this sentence structure is correct: "But still, ratioless would be the best way to go."

ParamouR
11.03.11, 13:05
I mean whom are your saying for?
"But still, ratio less would be the best way to go"___for tracker owner.

SaintShaolin
11.03.11, 14:16
@ParamouR: From my statement, the context would be for any elearning tracker. :)

anon
11.03.11, 20:22
Still seedbox can't help a lot on trackers like Waffles ;)

I wonder why I keep on hearing that, when actually a seedbox can get you a large buffer in both What and Waffles when used correctly.

I can sympathize with "why don't all trackers go ratio-free", but that scheme has its disadvantages as well. For example, if you're allowed to stop and delete the torrent with no consequences after seeding it for X hours, what do you think many people will do after those pass? Do you think that if you were able to do that on What.cd, the site would have ever reached 1000000 torrents?

Ratio-free is fine for sites that offer new content and don't desire long-term retention, but when you actually do, it isn't the way to go. Being a bitch to seed on will make people seed more of your torrents for a longer period of time, and maybe even upload their own material to increase their ratio, and that's how a tracker like the aforementioned music one thrives.

The Shutter
11.03.11, 23:23
I wonder why I keep on hearing that, when actually a seedbox can get you a large buffer in both What and Waffles when used correctly.

I can sympathize with "why don't all trackers go ratio-free", but that scheme has its disadvantages as well. For example, if you're allowed to stop and delete the torrent with no consequences after seeding it for X hours, what do you think many people will do after those pass? Do you think that if you were able to do that on What.cd, the site would have ever reached 1000000 torrents?

Ratio-free is fine for sites that offer new content and don't desire long-term retention, but when you actually do, it isn't the way to go. Being a bitch to seed on will make people seed more of your torrents for a longer period of time, and maybe even upload their own material to increase their ratio, and that's how a tracker like the aforementioned music one thrives.

well you can try it yourself & find out :rolleyes:
the only way is to download some stuff from bitspyder or bitme or even direct links & reupload it on waffles or bitme , also some ost & Foreign Music that are not available on both trackers .

----------------

by the way are seedbox tutorials & reviews allowed here?

yoco
11.03.11, 23:27
I forgot to add something to my post.
My biggest fear is that someday this site will go down and I won't know why and how to find new mods!!! :o

The Shutter
11.03.11, 23:40
I forgot to add something to my post.
My biggest fear is that someday this site will go down and I won't know why and how to find new mods!!! :o

Everything has an end ;)

anon
12.03.11, 01:51
well you can try it yourself & find out :rolleyes:

Give me a What.cd Sysop account and I'll gladly try.

by the way are seedbox tutorials & reviews allowed here?

Nope, and saying the word "seedbox" is grounds for an immediate ban. :snooty:

Sure they are, feel free to post them in the BT Talk section.

My biggest fear is that some day this site may go down and I... lose contact with all the friends I've made here.

This forum should only close if it becomes economically impossible to keep it running, or we (the staff) no longer find its administration to be an enjoyable experience. So far none of those has happened, although server costs are a bitch at times, and donations can be counted with my hands' fingers (I have two hands with five fingers each).

I'll be fair, I haven't donated either. With my country's current exchange rates, even a "small" amount like 10 euro becomes prohibitive.

SaintShaolin
12.03.11, 02:59
I'll be fair, I haven't donated either. With my country's current exchange rates, even a "small" amount like 10 euro becomes prohibitive.

I haven't seen a donate button around here. Is there?
(Not that I want to donate; I don't have income at the moment.)

anon
12.03.11, 03:01
Edit.

Instab
12.03.11, 03:55
I haven't seen a donate button around here. Is there?
(Not that I want to donate; I don't have income at the moment.)

link

please do NOT use that. it dösn't work anymore.
if you want to donate SaintShaolin please send Rebound a PM!

anon
12.03.11, 03:57
if you want to donate SaintShaolin please send Rebound a PM!

We should make that more visible. :shifty:

SaintShaolin
12.03.11, 04:20
Sorry, I cannot donate now.
I only have $2 from NeoBux. LOL.

Instab
12.03.11, 04:23
Sorry, I cannot donate now.
I only have $2 from NeoBux. LOL.

not a problem. donations are optional.

SaintShaolin
12.03.11, 06:25
not a problem. donations are optional.

Does giving a Donation enable certain functions in the forum?

anon
12.03.11, 06:27
Yes. 100 posts per every euro that's donated. :yup:

Nope, it doesn't. It used to be a star next to your nick, but nowadays I'm not sure we have that. Superbums was the only one to ever have it, anyway...

SaintShaolin
12.03.11, 06:48
Given that there's no official donate button,
I wonder how they manage to pay for server costs.
Is there a cheating method for that, too?
You think mRatio will work? LOL. Just kidding. :)

anon
12.03.11, 06:50
More like mOutOfTheSysops'PocketsRatio...

Instab
12.03.11, 08:45
Is there a cheating method for that, too?
You think mRatio will work? LOL. Just kidding. :)

:lol:

i'm afraid it's not that easy

The Shutter
12.03.11, 12:02
Give me a What.cd Sysop account and I'll gladly try.

a sysop account not even a regular account to upload :rolleyes:

Nope, and saying the word "seedbox" is grounds for an immediate ban. :snooty:

Sure they are, feel free to post them in the BT Talk section.

ok will do :top:

My biggest fear is that some day this site may go down and I... lose contact with all the friends I've made here.

This forum should only close if it becomes economically impossible to keep it running, or we (the staff) no longer find its administration to be an enjoyable experience. So far none of those has happened, although server costs are a bitch at times, and donations can be counted with my hands' fingers (I have two hands with five fingers each).

for people to donate you'll have to make the forum more exciting for them ex:making a vip section for ga invites like x264,bh,chdbits...etc

---------- Post added at 13:02 ---------- Previous post was at 13:00 ----------

We should make that more visible. :shifty:

if the donation button is not visible how will people know that you accept donation :rolleyes:

anon
12.03.11, 17:47
a sysop account not even a regular account to upload

:unsure:

for people to donate you'll have to make the forum more exciting for them ex:making a vip section for ga invites like x264,bh,chdbits...etc

And turn this into another invite forum where you can donate for perks and stuff? No. One thing I've always liked about this place is that it's by no means like those aforementioned forums.

Also, who would provide the invites? :wtongue:

The Shutter
13.03.11, 12:55
And turn this into another invite forum where you can donate for perks and stuff? No. One thing I've always liked about this place is that it's by no means like those aforementioned forums.

Also, who would provide the invites? :wtongue:

Members will provide invites as we do now, anyway you may want to put again the donate button that accept ( paypal , webmoney , moneybookers , alertpay....etc)

SaintShaolin
13.03.11, 13:49
I think making this place an invite forum is not a good idea.
Can you imagine that - invites and cheating at the same place? BANG!
(But of course we can always have giveaways without asking for anything in return)

AND if the SysOps are not asking us money to help pay server costs,
I think it's also good. It means that the forum can stand on its own,
and SysOps don't have to give in to the demands of the users/donators.
(But of course, we should be all open to suggestions)

anon
13.03.11, 17:20
Can you imagine that - invites and cheating at the same place? BANG!

We already have invites and cheating in the same place. :unsure:

The invite section is however just a "plus".

Renk
14.03.11, 00:05

2 years ago I think TorrentFreak had written a great article aboout SBI µTorrent packs... Maybe it's a cause of the peak. Plus, it would be interesting to refine the comparison concerning the number of posts, in taking into account informmative posts or Tuto pots, and only "question post". The more the site become complete, the less one tends to ask questions, because the answer is already somewhere on the site.

And how about the number of visits per day, or the number of time the written posts are read ?

We should make that more visible.
Holly God, so, there is a donation button on this site ??? I never have seen it ! Making it more visible is an urgence !
PS: Does SBI accept Ukash ? :biggrin:

anon
14.03.11, 00:17
2 years ago I think TorrentFreak had written a great article aboout SBI µTorrent packs...

That was FSF, and back on mid-2008. It did give us many new users, most of which seemed to fit the image of the clueless noob, heh. That wave doesn't compare to the one caused by another article posted last year, where we were acknowledged as one of the biggest trading forums around. Apparently, BT has more traders than cheaters.

You may be right about less question posts and therefore a lower perception of activity. And we've advanced light years since those times, that's true. There was no working RM, RMeX, Extreme Mod, Serenity, ProxyFake and the other countless tools we have now. The tutorials section was much more empty, and the forum less organized than it is now (no reviews subforum, no cheating experiences subforum).

Those stats you mention, if the forum keeps track of them, then I can't find them anywhere.

SaintShaolin
14.03.11, 00:42
@anon: We could make FAQs to make everything simpler, though.
That way, new users won't have to go through hundreds of pages to find the information he needs.

Resurrection
14.03.11, 03:33
There's a whole section dedicated to that...