PDA

View Full Version : sci-fi shows cancellation

mirrormask
02.03.11, 16:44
here is the very informative cancellation prediction tabel from spoilertv:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-ddfNksuS41w/TW0oQveL8DI/AAAAAAAA3DQ/HrbnTvhUmLg/s1600/Clipboard01.png

it doesn't look good for the sci-fi shows fringe, the event and v.
the way i see it, the event was never really intended to get a second season, v has not much backing from abc, but fringe, being a j.j. abrams show, may have a decent chance of being renewed.

MiCRON
02.03.11, 17:35
Never been a fan of sci-fi flicks or tv shows but that's too bad for those who are. But I see that "Two and a Half Men" is still marked as already renewed here?

Instab
02.03.11, 17:58
V is excellent imho and fringe has really stepped up in season 3. The Event could have a bit more structure but is very nice overall as well.
SciFi just dösn't have the masses behind it. That's not new and not surprising.

anon
02.03.11, 18:49
I liked the first season of Fringe a lot, and its finale definitely made me want to keep on watching. However, I never got around watching season 2 as I dedicated the rest of my time to House and then trying to remove some entries from my huge movie queue. I have a nine day break before my next exams, may be enough to kill S02 at least.

Instab
02.03.11, 21:35
I liked the first season of Fringe a lot, and its finale definitely made me want to keep on watching. However, I never got around watching season 2 as I dedicated the rest of my time to House and then trying to remove some entries from my huge movie qüü. I have a nine day break before my next exams, may be enough to kill S02 at least.

S01 + S02 were quite lame compared to S03. they really improved A LOT!
as you said already only the last few episodes were good in S01. same thing in S02.

so imo you can start with S02 E18 or something and switch to S03 after that ...

anon
02.03.11, 21:38
Starting the second season with E18 sounds like missing a lot, but I'll take your word on that. :happy:

RUBBER
02.03.11, 22:34
ins´t sci fi but Camelot , Spartacus are both great series

yoco
02.03.11, 22:46
S01 + S02 were quite lame compared to S03. they really improved A LOT!
as you said already only the last few episodes were good in S01. same thing in S02.

so imo you can start with S02 E18 or something and switch to S03 after that ...
I started watching S01 way back, but I didn't like it all. So if you say it's good in S03, should I start again with last few episodes of S01 and then go straight to again last few episodes of S02?

Instab
02.03.11, 23:03
I started watching S01 way back, but I didn't like it all. So if you say it's good in S03, should I start again with last few episodes of S01 and then go straight to again last few episodes of S02?

straight to the point, yes

yoco
03.03.11, 10:40
Then when S03 ends, I'll maybe give it a second try in that order :D

grebetu
03.03.11, 19:25
Thought SG Universe would have a future when it started :(

yoco
03.03.11, 23:39
Same here, I hope they'll finish it good!

Instab
04.03.11, 01:58
Then when S03 ends, I'll maybe give it a second try in that order :D

if you like scifi you have to see S03. (and the last few episodes of S02 to get in the loop)

Thought SG Universe would have a future when it started :(

i didn't. actually i was surprised that it got a second season at all. might have been because of its famous name

@Freak
06.03.11, 14:56
I agree.

SGU is boring.The plot is too slow and it has very little combat.

I am a huge fan of Stargate but Universe is just another attempt to copy battlestar galactica

It failed

mirrormask
28.03.11, 14:44
fringe has been renewed for a 4th season:

"Fringe" Renewed for Season 4 - Hollywood Reporter (http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/fringe-renewed-season-4-171266)

Sazzy
28.03.11, 16:21
I agree.

SGU is boring.The plot is too slow and it has very little combat.

I am a huge fan of Stargate but Universe is just another attempt to copy battlestar galactica

It failed

What? It's nothing like Battlestar Galactica. And they're not trying to be, either. The only thing they have in common, is that it's both set in space. If you're making this comparison based just on that, I suggest you watch Battlestar Galactica again as you have obviously missed the whole point as space was not important for the story at all.

Personally, I'm quite fond of SGU. More combat would imho make it suck. It's not frickin' Rambo. I do agree that the plot is a tad too slow, though. Yet I still have the feeling the main story progresses faster than the older stargates (as the main story there was always dreadfully slow, but still good).