PDA

View Full Version : New smartphone

C3PO
22.02.11, 12:01
Hi guys, I havent posted anything in months, due to my exams, but I'm thinking about byuing a new smartphone, so I decided to ask my favourite community bout it. So back to business...I like the HTC Desire HD pretty much, but I read that it had some issues with the GPS. Does someone from u had any expirience (bad or good) with it? Or maybe u could suggest something better? I don't know :) Just pls write something :) Everything would be helpful for me. 10q

yoco
22.02.11, 14:56
I wanted to buy HTC HD as well, but the price was too high. I read a few days ago that Samsung's new smartphone is like awesome. At least it looked that way :D

Uninvited2611
22.02.11, 15:33
I suggest Iphone 4 bro :)

yoco
22.02.11, 16:29
Isn't 4 much worst than 3?

C3PO
22.02.11, 18:00
I suggest Iphone 4 bro :)

Thought about that, too, but I'm not sure if it's that better for 150 euro more...

yoco
23.02.11, 11:22
I found the new Samsung phone I was talking about
Samsung Galaxy S2 official image and info leaked | Samsung Hub (http://www.samsunghub.com/2011/02/12/samsung-galaxy-s2-official-image-and-info-leaked/)

Looks pretty cool! :D

@Freak
06.03.11, 16:29
I have a Samsung Galaxy S with custom ROM and it's the best Android phone until S2 is out.

Best screen of all

dreamer
06.03.11, 17:27
to be honest, I will NEVER buy a Samsung cellphone.
their touch is horrible and even the Samsung Galaxy wasn't soo amazing when I played with it.
who the HELL wants your phone to vibrate when you touch it????

SaintShaolin
06.03.11, 17:35
to be honest, I will NEVER buy a Samsung cellphone.
their touch is horrible and even the Samsung Galaxy wasn't soo amazing when I played with it.
who the HELL wants your phone to vibrate when you touch it????

You can disable haptic feedback, can't you?

dreamer
06.03.11, 18:52
yes but the idea is so stupid that it already downgrades the grade of the phone in the first place :P
I can probably say that the F480 is the worst phone I've ever used.
like I said, the galaxy's touch isn't too incredible also.

C3PO check out the Orange San Francisco aka ZTE Blade.
good quality touch cellphone in 100 UK pounds
I'm getting one for myself as soon as I find someone who lives in the UK that will send it over to me! :D

shoulder
06.03.11, 19:06
I myself have an iPhone, first a 3G and now a 4, and I can tell you once it's jailbroken you won't find any better one. :top:

mammamia11
06.03.11, 20:14
im defenetly not apple fan, i never used any product from apple before.
last year i decided to buy a smartphone and i wanted to go for iphone 4 for the first time. belive me im still very happy. its expensive? yes but i buy quality for money

yoco
07.03.11, 00:08
If the price will be right, I'm definitely buying Smasung Galaxy S2
:D

Mogli247
07.03.11, 05:10
iPhone 4, jailbreak and you can configure it the way YOU like. There are apps for everything and you can do whatever you like. There is no better.

Its not cheap, true.

yoco
07.03.11, 12:02
So how much does iPhone 4 costs anyway?

mammamia11
07.03.11, 16:02
in sweden i can find "new" one from ebay for 400-700 euro (iphone4)

Mogli247
08.03.11, 12:29
Apple Store. All iPhones are unlocked

Germany
iPhone 4 & iPhone 3GS - Apple Store (Deutschland) (http://store.apple.com/de/browse/home/shop_iphone/family/iphone)

Italy
iPhone 4 & iPhone 3GS - Apple Store (Italia) (http://store.apple.com/it/browse/home/shop_iphone/family/iphone)

yoco
08.03.11, 15:52
That's a lot of money! :o

@Freak
08.03.11, 16:54
iphone 4 doesn't have a chance compared to dualcore phones(LG Tegra2,Samsung S2)

Android will crush Ios definitely in the near future

Mogli247
09.03.11, 16:00
iphone 4 doesn't have a chance compared to dualcore phones(LG Tegra2,Samsung S2)

True. Thats why the iPhone 5 will get the new A5 prozessor.

C3PO
24.03.11, 10:23
I got HTC Desire HD. It's not a bad phone at all, but of course the question is what will you need it for. I'll pretty much use it for navigation so I needed a massive screen, which Iphone can not provide.

Mr. Crane
03.04.11, 16:18
I have a HTC Desire at the moment and it's anything I could ever wish for. I'm sure the HD model is even better. You could also look into Samsung's Nexus Two, it ought to be good.

C3PO
03.04.11, 16:37
In 1 year I'm gonna renew my contract with my operator...Let's see what'll be on the market then...

Mr. Crane
03.04.11, 17:42
In 1 year I'm gonna renew my contract with my operator...Let's see what'll be on the market then...

A quick question about your phone if I may - is it rooted?

C3PO
03.04.11, 18:04
No, I dont even know what that means, really... :)

Mr. Crane
03.04.11, 18:41
No, I dont even know what that means, really... :)

Oh my, you're missing out then. To put it simple, it unlocks your phone in a way, so that you as well as the applications you decide to allow have access to a wider array of the phone's functions. You can also load custom firmware onto your device which usually contains several tweaks and updates that might not be available through the official channels.

You might want to check out the XDA-Developers forums here: HTC Desire HD - xda-developers (http://forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=754)
Especially the Desire HD Android Development :) You won't know just how much your device is capable of without trying.

Sazzy
03.04.11, 20:48
I've been an Apple hater for ages myself (though lately I've not been hating as much) and I'm looking around for a smartphone myself. First I wanted to stay cheap and get the HTC Wildfire S. But then I thought that I'd spend a bit more and get something decent. Started looking at the Desire HD and other Android devices, but in the end I find Androids fragmentation problem worse than Apple's meddling (which can be circumvented by jailbreaking anyway).

So soon I will have my IPhone 4 ;o) I'd say it's worth the extra cash, having held both high end iOS and Android devices. Was going to wait for the IPhone 5, but it turns out Apple is postponing that until 2011 Q4 and waiting two more quarters is a bit too long for my taste.

Mr. Crane
04.04.11, 00:59
I've been an Apple hater for ages myself (though lately I've not been hating as much) and I'm looking around for a smartphone myself. First I wanted to stay cheap and get the HTC Wildfire S. But then I thought that I'd spend a bit more and get something decent. Started looking at the Desire HD and other Android devices, but in the end I find Androids fragmentation problem worse than Apple's meddling (which can be circumvented by jailbreaking anyway).

So soon I will have my IPhone 4 ;o) I'd say it's worth the extra cash, having held both high end iOS and Android devices. Was going to wait for the IPhone 5, but it turns out Apple is postponing that until 2011 Q4 and waiting two more quarters is a bit too long for my taste.

How exactly is Android's fragmentation a problem? If anything I'd say diversity is a plus.