PDA

View Full Version : Feedback for the new server

Instab
23.12.10, 21:37
go ahead :happy:

piratemeister
29.12.10, 21:50
Hi Instab. I don't know how is the situation for other user, but here nothing changed:
For example last evening SBI was down...

---------- Post added at 21:50 ---------- Previous post was at 09:31 ----------

Also today always down..... why ?

Instab
29.12.10, 21:55
Hi Instab. I don't know how is the situation for other user, but here nothing changed:
For example last evening SBI was down...

---------- Post added at 21:50 ---------- Previous post was at 09:31 ----------

Also today always down..... why ?

not related to the server but with the old server the downtime would have been even longer

piratemeister
29.12.10, 21:59
So is normal often SBI come down ? Because yesterday and today, only in the night I can reach sbi.

Instab
29.12.10, 22:06
So is normal often SBI come down ? Because yesterday and today, only in the night I can reach sbi.

that's not normal by all means but sometimes multiple things come together

piratemeister
29.12.10, 22:09
I don't understand this post (is for my bad english).

But I hope in the future SBI will not be down often. Thanks.

Instab
29.12.10, 22:10
I hope in the future SBI will not be down often

so do we :P

yoco
29.12.10, 23:51
Yea, I couldn't open SBI for the last two days also. Just happy you guys are back. And don't scare us like that any more :D

anon
30.12.10, 01:35
And don't scare us like that any more :D

Like it's up to us. :gtongue:

mmmmm
07.01.11, 07:28
the new servers to me always means:

Network Error (tcp_error)

A communication error occurred: "Connection refused"
The Web Server may be down, too busy, or experiencing other problems preventing it from responding to requests. You may wish to try again at a later time.

For assistance, contact your network support team.

every time that happen i tell myself they will fix it but sometimes ago now without fix and that happen too much.

Instab
07.01.11, 07:53
the new servers to me always means:

every time that happen i tell myself they will fix it but sometimes ago now without fix and that happen too much.

using some sort of download manager or something?

mmmmm
07.01.11, 08:07
using some sort of download manager or something?

Internet Download Manager.!!!!

Instab
07.01.11, 08:10
Internet Download Manager.!!!!

reduce the number of connections and you'll be fine

mmmmm
07.01.11, 09:00
OK, i did but why or what's new with the new servers causing that with download manager?

---------- Post added at 11:00 ---------- Previous post was at 10:22 ----------

Nothing changed from 8 to 4 then 2 at last 1 but still the problem.

Instab
07.01.11, 15:00
Nothing changed from 8 to 4 then 2 at last 1 but still the problem.

the message you get is either an internal network issü on your side or whatever you do is triggering one of our defences.
what exactly are you doing?

and btw, this is not related to the new server but i'm not gonna move it either :P

ParamouR
07.01.11, 15:18
Where are the actual server's kept in Germany or France??:34:

PS: Seems like the new servers are doing great no recent server downfall as such! hope it remains :thanx:

mmmmm
07.01.11, 15:20
Where are the actual server's kept in Germany?:34:

Why you ask that???

ParamouR
07.01.11, 15:24
Why you ask that???

Just asking!

edit:
And i ask why you want to know???

what the benefits you can give if you know?????

Just for my personal knowledge since I'm a part of this community! Anyway I wasn't querying to you but with Insab/Anon.

mmmmm
07.01.11, 15:38
the message you get is either an internal network issue on your side or whatever you do is triggering one of our defences.
what exactly are you doing?

I didn't saw your post.

WHO?
ME :confused:

I just opened about ten topics at several tab using ff :biggrin:

---------- Post added at 17:38 ---------- Previous post was at 17:34 ----------

Just asking!

And i ask why you want to know???

what the benefits you can give if you know?????

Instab
07.01.11, 16:04
Where are the actual server's kept in Germany or France??

luxembourg

I just opened about ten topics at several tab using ff :biggrin:

here we go. for security reasons the number of connections from one single ip is limited

mmmmm
07.01.11, 17:16
here we go. for security reasons the number of connections from one single ip is limited

But that happen also with only one tab opened i mentioned that because if i opened many tabs most of them get the error!!!

---------- Post added at 19:16 ---------- Previous post was at 19:11 ----------

By the way ,
that not always happen its random, sometimes about one hour or half or as soon as start browsing.

Instab
07.01.11, 17:25
i just opened about 20 threads in 20 tabs just for fun and it was all fine. also i never had the error you mentioned here. ever.
and i've never heard it from a member here either so it might be something on your side.

do you get this only here? or on other sites as well?

anon
07.01.11, 17:40
Where are the actual server's kept in Germany or France??:34:

France would probably mean OVH and more issues for our users in the Americas. The server used to be on Germany long ago (we used Servage as a hosting provider), but was later changed to Luxembourg in mid/late 2008 and stayed there ever since.

i just opened about 20 threads in 20 tabs just for fun and it was all fine.

I'm an obsessive poster and do that just about every day when I get up, no issues either. The only time I had problems was when my router's firewall blocked SB-I continuously because I (yes, you read right) sent a lot of requests to it. A change in the settings and it's all good.

mmmmm
07.01.11, 17:56
do you get this only here? or on other sites as well?

that error only here other sites have other error but not much like here.

I'm an obsessive poster and do that just about every day when I get up, no issues either. The only time I had problems was when my router's firewall blocked SB-I continuously because I (yes, you read right) sent a lot of requests to it. A change in the settings and it's all good.

How to change that?

anon
07.01.11, 17:58
How to change that?

You think your router's blocking SB-I, also? Well, I have a 3Com, no idea of how it's done on other devices. The server's IP is 212.117.164.221, maybe you can add it on the exceptions somewhere. :gtongue:

Resurrection
08.01.11, 15:56
Where are the actual server's kept

You don't use an addon called FLAGFOX with FF?

One of the most downloaded addons right now....

Flagfox is an extension that displays a flag icon indicating the current webserver's physical location. Knowing where you're connected to adds an extra layer of awareness to your browsing and can be useful to indicate the native languages and legal jurisdictions that may apply. Additional information can be obtained via a multitude of external lookups and users can add their own custom actions. All actions can be added to the flag icon's context menu and set to icon click or keyboard shortcuts for quick access.

anon
08.01.11, 17:50
Traceroute, Ping, Domain Name Server (DNS) Lookup, WHOIS lookup www.sb-innovation.de (http://network-tools.com/default.asp?prog=lookup&host=www.sb-innovation.de)

mmmmm
08.01.11, 22:56
You think your router's blocking SB-I, also? Well, I have a 3Com, no idea of how it's done on other devices. The server's IP is 212.117.164.221, maybe you can add it on the exceptions somewhere. :gtongue:

There is no where i can put that exception here but Hot Spot fix the problem means the problem with my ISP :baeh:

Thanks anon for the tip helped me to detect where the problem come from.

mmmmm
17.01.11, 18:06
@ Instab

Can you please check if not ban some DNS or something related (issues) ,i can't brows without proxy for sbi only.

Instab
17.01.11, 20:20
@ Instab

Can you please check if not ban some DNS or something related (issüs) ,i can't brows without proxy for sbi only.

sure, pm me your ip range

yoco
17.01.11, 22:52
Yes, I changed it to SB-I theme! Works fine and it looks pretty awesome too!