PDA

View Full Version : The 10 Best Search Engines of 2010

silencer1980
20.12.10, 11:54
Most people don't want 290 search engines, especially people who are Internet beginners. Most users want a single search engine that delivers three key features:
Relevant results (results you are actually interested in)
Uncluttered, easy to read interface
Helpful options to broaden or tighten a search

With this criteria, 10 Reader Favorite Search Engines come to mind. These 10 search sites should meet 99% of the searching needs of a regular everyday user.

The 10 Most Useful Search Engines, 2010 (http://netforbeginners.about.com/od/navigatingthenet/tp/top_10_search_engines_for_beginners.htm)

Rise of Ask.com and Fall of the Google...

anon
20.12.10, 17:08
Rise of Ask.com and Fall of the Google...

They're in random order.

Oh, and Cuil shut down. Effectively, they didn't know about that. It sucked for non-English searches, anyway...

seldom
20.12.10, 17:28
Oh, and Cuil shut down. Effectively, they didn't know about that.
Keeping in mind Cuil was shut down "only" 3 months ago (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cuil), we can forgive them that:)

theintervurt
21.12.10, 00:42
I wonder why people use anything else apart from google.

Instab
21.12.10, 00:44
I wonder why people use anything else apart from google.

maybe because they don't wanna feed google their data and don't wanna be tracked?

peepin
21.12.10, 01:46
maybe because they don't wanna feed google their data and don't wanna be tracked?

No script will help from tracking in firefox , is there any search engine not track ?

theintervurt
21.12.10, 01:51
I dont give a flying crap about them "tracking" me, it doesn't affect me in any way.

anon
21.12.10, 02:09
No script will help from tracking in firefox , is there any search engine not track ?

Scroogle is a Google proxy that doesn't set any cookies and deletes logs in 1 hour. It's what I've been using for almost two years.

Instab
21.12.10, 07:27

you still have to reject cookies of course

I dont give a flying crap about them "tracking" me, it dösn't affect me in any way.

a company with that much data of that much users is powerful and has inflünce on many things therefore yes, it dös affect you and everybody else in many ways

Sazzy
21.12.10, 07:56
Google is taking over the woooooooooooorld!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Maybe ppl would care more generally if other services were at least a tenth as decent as google's, though.