PDA

View Full Version : Demotions

mammamia11
17.12.10, 01:36
you no need to be sorry i understand you, i was wondring this becuase i was a member before and only downloaded the newest updates but now sadly im not member for a reason i dont understand why so i have to be more careful

anon
17.12.10, 02:12
now sadly im not member for a reason i dont understand why

It's called "inactivity". :wsmile:

mammamia11
18.12.10, 19:43
It's called "inactivity". :wsmile:

yes that what i heard too but what i dont understand is when im allready a member, why do i need to keep active after that.
dont take my question wrong, im allready happy with my acount here no matter what :)

anon
18.12.10, 19:45
yes that what i heard too but what i dont understand is when im allready a member, why do i need to keep active after that.

To avoid people that switch to read-only mode after getting the title and all the perks that come with it. No one likes those. And we aren't asking too much, it's just 2 useful posts per week, at least... can't take more than 30 minutes of your time.

Gapo
18.12.10, 21:07
To avoid people that switch to read-only mode after getting the title and all the perks that come with it. No one likes those. And we aren't asking too much, it's just 2 useful posts per week, at least... can't take more than 30 minutes of your time.

What about members who simply are busy, thus they're limited to contribute to SB-I? Are they too demoted per the same clause? I would sincerely hope members were allowed to have breaks, such as 3-6 months and return back. In such a case, they ought to notify the staff so they're aware why they aren't active.

Though, I feel this would be better to discuss in a new thread.

anon
18.12.10, 21:08
WIn such a case, they ought to notify the staff so they're aware why they aren't active.

Definitely. Many members have done that, and we acted accordingly.

alefh
18.12.10, 21:27
forum for how to freeze the account for some time of inactivity (eg holidays)???

anon
18.12.10, 21:28
No need to worry about that. Nothing will happen to your account.

mammamia11
18.12.10, 21:33
the public acount is not affected, its the "member" acount that needs to be active all the time, too bad i didnt know about it untill now but im defentely gonna try to get it agin in the right time

Instab
18.12.10, 21:40
its the "member" acount that needs to be active all the time

well, we're not that strict but you didn't make a single post between february and october. what do you think will happen then on most sites?

mammamia11
18.12.10, 23:30
well, we're not that strict but you didn't make a single post between february and october. what do you think will happen then on most sites?

thats true i didnt write anything, i thought i only need to keep my membership alive by staying logged in as i do in torrent sites, my bad.

Instab
18.12.10, 23:54
i only need to keep my membership alive by staying logged in as i do in torrent sites, my bad.

and a certain number of torrent sites would even disable your account for that :D