PDA

View Full Version : Cheating on AlphaOmega (AO)

yodaddy
29.11.10, 19:04
They are currently open but they will close their signups on 1.12.2010 (Link for signup (http://www.alphaomega.me/register.php))
Tracker looks very promising and good so I think it'll become one of best trackers.

Have anyone cheated there already? Which tool/mood and how fast?

anon
29.11.10, 19:05
Is the tracker Gazelle-based? Yes
Is the tracker called What.cd? No
Therefore, cheating difficulty = Easy, most likely

Is the tracker open for signups? Yes
Therefore, create a backup account

Resurrection
30.11.10, 05:56
Is the tracker Gazelle-based? Yes
Is the tracker called What.cd? No
Therefore, cheating difficulty = Easy, most likely

Is the tracker open for signups? Yes
Therefore, create a backup account

I love this guy...

hessler
30.11.10, 06:02
its not even a month old and u already started cheating on it............futuristic...

Resurrection
30.11.10, 06:09
or foresighted...

I created about 6-7 accounts with all the cool names i could think of.... like characters from video games,gun names,movie names etc etc...

120 invites in my hands now... I feel terrible...

No not really...

hessler
30.11.10, 06:28
120 invites :shockkk!:..........may the wrath of bittorrent be upon u.......hehe...........just kidding
so i will ask for an invite if this tracker goes to be another SCC :biggrin:

Edit: u'll be staff by then with 40000 invites :klatsch_3:

anon
30.11.10, 12:17
its not even a month old and u already started cheating on it............futuristic...

Agreed, is the tracker even worth cheating on right now? :gmellow:

I created about 6-7 accounts with all the cool names i could think of....

Seven accounts is more than enough, I think. You could give them away if you don't need some of them or don't like the tracker in the future, but be aware Gazelle was coded by the masters of data mining and retention, meaning they'll have your IP address logged. :gyup:

so i will ask for an invite if this tracker goes to be another SCC :biggrin:

The question is, can this place become the next SCC? And let's take the small hype sharky has created with his FSF article apart.

SCC has the huge advantage of having been created when it was created and having the things they have. Nowadays it's hard to keep a new 0-Day tracker afloat if you don't offer something others don't, and often even so.

SealLion
01.12.10, 02:41
I think also, and this is strictly my opinion, though some of you might agree to some point is that a lot of these upstart 0day trackers are up against the big boys like TL and TD and I'm sure even SeX, Everyone is well aware of the name a place like TL has made for itself. So I'm sure that some of these upstart 0day sites also realize this. But the other thing one also might want to consider is how many 0day sites do you really need??
A dozen...??
A dozen or so fairly good ones is probably a decent one.
You could even have 0day sites that special in some torrent material of which I personally don't think exist as much or in number of in comparison to general 0day sites.
Here's what I mean. Take for example Warez sites like 0daymusic or mucicore Forums that specialize in one category. IMHO, a site that specializes will ( or could) have a decent level of success pending any number of elements such as popularity issues amongst the site with it's user-base, quality of content, quickness of content availability, etc...etc... have an improved success rate over others that are new to torrent site build-ups.
So let's take an 0day site like FileMP3, which I know doesn't have a great name for itself but nonetheless does specialize in one category.
A site like that has been around for a fair amount of time, I believe.
Years as a matter of fact.
Sites build name for themselves.
It takes some amount of torrent-site longevity, quality issues, user satisfaction levels, level of user-base usage of site, etc...etc...I think you do understand and might agree to some point with what I've mentioned here.

Anon mentions also the hype that FSF makes mention of sites like this. FSF has a history of making hype of some sites. Is that because a site like FSF have communication with this or that site whereby the administrator of some new site asks the editor of FSF to hype it up a bit for his site??
We don't know...we can only speculate.
There's no harm in it of/c because the end result is a growth in torrenting. But the other aspects of it are that once all this hype of Tracker ABC are made, people sign up like crazy reading all this super-hype that such'n such a tracker is going to be the next SCC or rival TL or rival What.CD or Waffles or what-ever....people become disapointed as time surpasses. They realize it's not as great as what the Admin for Tracker ABC had wanted it to be nor even what FSF had editorialized it to be. ....you get the idea??
And yes, it might be a sad thing.
But it's also reality, yes??

Take a place like SeX.
What a bum place. '
I let my account die and go to tracker heaven b/c I was pretty disappointed in the promotion component in it. I don't usually post in the trackers I'm a member of.

I usually stay pretty quiet on the site because I have to take into consideration posting character similarities between here and possibly there.
Sure I could alter my posting characteristics but I don't feel like it.

But I didn't like the idea of being forced to post and comment as well as being required to have ONLY uploaded this amount and ONLY downloaded this amount in order to be promoted.
I really didn't like that.
So SeX was out the window.

theintervurt
07.12.10, 03:36
Heres a couple rules that seem a little strange to me, both are in the golden rules section.

One account per person per household/IP. Anyone creating additional accounts will be banned.
Be careful when sharing an IP or a computer with a friend if they have (or have had) an account. From then on your accounts will be inherently linked and if one of you violates the rules, both accounts will be disabled along with any other accounts linked by IP. This rule applies to logging into the site.

Creating additional accounts is forbidden because only one should correspond to each household/ip but sharing an ip or computer isn't ? :eek13:

anon
07.12.10, 12:26
Stock Gazelle golden rules. Ask the What.cd guys if that makes sense.

On the other side, they don't allow you to hold dupes, but yes to use someone else's computer to log in, even if he's a member. That sounds relatively sensible to me.

theintervurt
07.12.10, 14:52
The first two accounts I created on there I did using the same IP , I then proceeded to logging into both with that IP . The accounts are still there.
I noticed this in the wiki:

Yes, the tracker is capable of following sessions from different IPs for the same user. A torrent is associated with the user when it starts, and only at that moment is the IP relevant. So if you want to seed/leech from computer A and computer B with the same account you should access the site from computer A, start the torrent there, and then repeat both steps from computer B (not limited to two computers or to a single torrent on each, this is just the simplest example). You do not need to login again when closing the torrent.

I am guessing the way to check whether someones using a duplicate account is to grab the IP once you start a torrent and compare it to the IPs of other users , if they find a match and then also find that user has started a torrent and leeched/seeded with that IP its a duplicate account.
If creating two accounts and logging in with the same IP didn't get me banned then starting a torrent with my second one should do it :shockkk!:

anon
07.12.10, 14:54
I am guessing the way to check whether someones using a duplicate account is to grab the IP once you start a torrent and compare it to the IPs of other users , if they find a match and then also find that user has started a torrent and leeched/seeded with that IP its a duplicate account.

IPs are logged when you log in, and Gazelle has a built-in dupe finder. Feel free to read the "What.cd Tracker Analysis" thread and see by yourself.

theintervurt
07.12.10, 17:19
I have already read that thread but like I said my accounts haven't got banned so there must be another way for them to sort out who actually uses duplicate accounts and who is just sharing a computer with a friend.

anon
07.12.10, 18:31
Maybe they just haven't checked for dupes yet. :unsure:

theintervurt
09.12.10, 01:51
Maybe they just haven't checked for dupes yet. :unsure:
I hope that's not the case :/

Tested stopping before update today with RM and it doesn't seem to work, you still show up on the peerlist.

tekky
09.12.10, 03:52
Well, since you have opened up to talk about my site. Currently, we do have a cheat system implemented. We haven't exactly gone on a purge spree as of yet, but laid simple warnings. Yes, Gazelle has a dupe ip system in place, but really, at the end of the day, if you're going to cheat, you're going to cheat and you'll always find a tricky way to get around what ever I code.

I'd prefer if you just figured out that we are providing our services for free and to help you all gain from the whole experience of my site. Seeding back to a 1:1 isn't exactly difficult, but we are implementing a little bonus system and such to help those of you who can't seed.

But certain people, even with a 10/10mbit inet are going to be dolts and just wanna cheat to seem leet, so I guess if you want to show off that you are lazy and don't want to help the community you leech from, then it's up to you.

But in the near future we will be coming down tighter on the cheats and such to see if we can at least minimize it. I'm glad that such threads exist so that I can read them and see what needs to be done:)

There's no hard feelings towards the cheaters, just more sadness that you wouldn't want to help back, but alas, it's nearly Christmas and I've already given all new registrants 20 gigs, and the new round of registrants 50 gigs, worth of download credit (soon to give everyone a little surprise for Christmas) I would think that it would be sufficient so that no one would have to cheat.

Well, thanks again for all the great info, even tho it's not exactly positive, but none the less it's useful.

-tekky
AlphaOmega Founder.

Resurrection
09.12.10, 03:56
Well, since you have opened up to talk about my site. Currently, we do have a cheat system implemented. We haven't exactly gone on a purge spree as of yet, but laid simple warnings. Yes, Gazelle has a dupe ip system in place, but really, at the end of the day, if you're going to cheat, you're going to cheat and you'll always find a tricky way to get around what ever I code.

I'd prefer if you just figured out that we are providing our services for free and to help you all gain from the whole experience of my site. Seeding back to a 1:1 isn't exactly difficult, but we are implementing a little bonus system and such to help those of you who can't seed.

But certain people, even with a 10/10mbit inet are going to be dolts and just wanna cheat to seem leet, so I guess if you want to show off that you are lazy and don't want to help the community you leech from, then it's up to you.

But in the near future we will be coming down tighter on the cheats and such to see if we can at least minimize it. I'm glad that such threads exist so that I can read them and see what needs to be done:)

There's no hard feelings towards the cheaters, just more sadness that you wouldn't want to help back, but alas, it's nearly Christmas and I've already given all new registrants 20 gigs, and the new round of registrants 50 gigs, worth of download credit (soon to give everyone a little surprise for Christmas) I would think that it would be sufficient so that no one would have to cheat.

Well, thanks again for all the great info, even tho it's not exactly positive, but none the less it's useful.

-tekky
AlphaOmega Founder.

Well Played Sir...I almost feel bad....

Anyway,about your site,I don't see many users at AO yet...What plans do you have for the future?coz atm its nothing special...

tekky
09.12.10, 04:24
:confused:
Well Played Sir...I almost feel bad....

Anyway,about your site,I don't see many users at AO yet...What plans do you have for the future?coz atm its nothing special...

Well, we do have a 4000 user base atm. We've only been open for 2 weeks, give us a few props for that:). And our plan is to just keep doing what we're doing till we find a nice groove. We haven't written anything in stone as of yet.

Right now we're trying to find some p2p groups who are willing to release to our site, and we're trying to see if we will be one of the first all p2p releases. We're not sure if all the p2p groups will be able to cover all the primary releases that the scene does atm. So it's just a thought.

But really, we're just taking suggestions as they come and fix all the little details. We already have pretty decent pretimes (under 5 minutes) and our community grows with every day.

We have a stable site with a great hardware back end ( thanks to the guys over at RapidSpeeds.com who helped us immensely ).

As a general thought, we are still new and still trying to push our way through all the clutter of the 900 new torrent sites that have come out this year, but I'm sure, as you can see, we aren't like many of them. We have a stronger team and more knowledge then most sites I've seen that come out.

We're new, we're Alphaomega and we're here to stay. So if you wanna come and see us, then feel free to come on into the irc channel, ( don't worry, I won't ban you cause I know you're all a bunch of cheaters:) we'll think of you more as our security's beta testers.).

Thanks again for the promotional material, as we might have gotten a few new members from this site, and we're always happy to have more.

See you soon.

-TeK

anon
09.12.10, 12:40
Tested stopping before update today with RM and it doesn't seem to work, you still show up on the peerlist.

Surprised? Gazelle trackers don't instantly take you off the peerlist when you stop the torrent. That's a well-known fact.

We're new, we're Alphaomega and we're here to stay. So if you wanna come and see us, then feel free to come on into the irc channel, ( don't worry, I won't ban you cause I know you're all a bunch of cheaters:) we'll think of you more as our security's beta testers.).

Thanks again for the promotional material, as we might have gotten a few new members from this site, and we're always happy to have more.

You know, you have a pretty good attitude for a tracker staff member. Many people holding your same position on other trackers are of the "you will get caught and you will get banned", "don't even try it", "you bunch of cheating idiots" mindset. I appreciate your professionalism.

While you're here, I thought I'd ask - sharky from FSF linked to you in one of this articles, and quoted an announcement saying you'd never open signups, at the same time you've been open for a while already. What's up with that? Just curious.

pimphead07
09.12.10, 14:45

Yes. That usually happens in gazelle based trackers. You will automatically disappear from the list after a while but not immediately.

tekky
10.12.10, 07:53
Surprised? Gazelle trackers don't instantly take you off the peerlist when you stop the torrent. That's a well-known fact.

You know, you have a pretty good attitude for a tracker staff member. Many people holding your same position on other trackers are of the "you will get caught and you will get banned", "don't even try it", "you bunch of cheating idiots" mindset. I appreciate your professionalism.

While you're here, I thought I'd ask - sharky from FSF linked to you in one of this articles, and quoted an announcement saying you'd never open signups, at the same time you've been open for a while already. What's up with that? Just curious.
Well, as we've tried to state time and time again, we try not to be the 'a$$***' type of site, we're nothing like elitism. I never saw a REAL point in being an aggressive 18 year old trying to catch the mouse, I'm more of a realistic person. Yes, I run a tracker, no I don't do it for the money (or lack there of).

Everyone is welcome on our site, no matter who you are and what you're into. Even the cheaters:) Hopefully the cheating is at a minimal and everyone can enjoy the 50 gig credit we're giving.

And there's been a lot of speculation on why we're having open registration atm. It's more of a logical stand point to be honest. When we decided to close, we were at 3000 members or so, but as everyone can see, being a new tracker, you can't really survive on that. So, we've opened up and hopefully will obtain a few more. We're running ocelot and gazelle on very impressive hardware, so we can most likely hold 100k users without any lag.

But the other reason is, come on it's damn near Christmas. It wouldn't be too nice to have invite only over a Christmas season. We're about giving and we can afford to allow a few more people on the site.

Just as an update, we're over 4300 users and growing by the hour, getting over 100k worth of page hits. We welcome everyone who wants to to come to the IRC and see what changes we're making. We love leechers, and would love to get this site into full swing over Christmas. We'll be doing lil gifts and having prize give aways (such as ipods and such) for all our members to get in on. Should be a good time.

As a whole, we dislike cheaters, but as I've said before, even the most sophisticated cheat detectors can be bypassed. It is what it is, we'd prefer if you didn't and our cheat detectors are in place and watching, we just haven't gone ballistic about it all. We'll see where everyone goes with it and see which routes we take. Honestly, we'd rather not have to ban everyone who's cheating so far (as we know a lot of people have been regging accounts from same IPs ( System autobanned a few already ) and we have seen people going 100MB/s (not likely on torrents with 0 leechers;)).

So, happy holidays and we hope to see you all on our tracker, without RM. haha.

pimphead07
10.12.10, 14:32
Everyone is welcome on our site, no matter who you are and what you're into. Even the cheaters:) Hopefully the cheating is at a minimal and everyone can enjoy the 50 gig credit we're giving.

That is nice to hear. Though I must say, I dont cheat unless I am bleeding ratiowise despite seeding, so yeah.. the 50GB upload is pretty awesome. And yeah, you are one of the coolest staff we have had here like Anon said. :)

tekky
11.12.10, 03:28
That is nice to hear. Though I must say, I dont cheat unless I am bleeding ratiowise despite seeding, so yeah.. the 50GB upload is pretty awesome. And yeah, you are one of the coolest staff we have had here like Anon said. :)

Well, thank you. Hopefully soon people will stop saying 'its nothing special' and realize that if you join up and start talking to the community, we're actually something very special. Always active and always looking to better our selves. Not bad for a 2 week old community in my opinion.

Thanks for the free advertising guys:)

hessler
11.12.10, 04:10
wackerooni.........A staff member shows up lol its like the crusaders (cheaters) and Salahadin ( tracker founder ) have come face to face........:klatsch_3:
well first of all i nod my head to ur attitude and kinda person u r seems to be,secondly a n00b question why did u choose to go with gazelle? there must have been something special abt it which torrentstrike dosent have, contradictory that the best 0day trackers out there SCC,TL; i am just presuming u are the founder i am just a n00b so u know all in the world.
About cheating:
u r right i really dont think i need to cheat there but we kinda have this tendency to go after gazelle based trackers to get our skills sharped out,
As an appreciation of the way u interacted with our community i am going to put AO review on my blog and tell everyone how's the staff there ..........:)
good day and good luck with AO :top:

anon
11.12.10, 04:15
well first of all i nod my head to ur attitude and kinda person u r seems to be,secondly a n00b question why did u choose to go with gazelle? there must have been something special abt it which torrentstrike dosent have,

Maybe it's because Gazelle is much better coded and comes with many features built-in, such as passkeys, invite system or IP history, whereas on TBdev many of those have to be added via hacks. Also, Gazelle can take some effort to morph from a music tracker to something else, so that on itself should be a good display of skill.

u r right i really dont think i need to cheat there but we kinda have this tendency to go after gazelle based trackers to get our skills sharped out,

Actually, I thought it was clear that all Gazelle trackers, excepting What.cd, are easy to cheat on... :unsure:

hessler
11.12.10, 05:34
Actually, I thought it was clear that all Gazelle trackers, excepting What.cd, are easy to cheat on... :unsure:

yeah that is the ultimate aim what.cd to fake 1 TB there

tekky
11.12.10, 10:33
wackerooni.........A staff member shows up lol its like the crusaders (cheaters) and Salahadin ( tracker founder ) have come face to face........:klatsch_3:
well first of all i nod my head to ur attitude and kinda person u r seems to be,secondly a n00b question why did u choose to go with gazelle? there must have been something special abt it which torrentstrike dosent have, contradictory that the best 0day trackers out there SCC,TL; i am just presuming u are the founder i am just a n00b so u know all in the world.
About cheating:
As an appreciation of the way u interacted with our community i am going to put AO review on my blog and tell everyone how's the staff there ..........:)
good day and good luck with AO :top:

HaHa, well, I'm glad my site is a proving grounds to how easy cheating can be! What a confidence booster:) At the end of the day, yes, I am the owner. My staff have put in weeks of hard work too tho, so don't think it's just me sitting around doing everything. As for why I chose Gazelle... The reason was, I was bored and I wanted the biggest challenge. Plus, I'm really really really into the minimalistic feel of a site. It's taken a lot of coding to get the site to be very user friendly, I don't even have a home page to streamline from login to finding what you want.

Luckily for me, when I started the site, about 2 days after, presto, "Can has Ocelot" popped into the topic of #gazelle on the what.cd network. I was over joyed. Unfortunately, I don't know how this all came to be coded by the guys over at the Gazelle project, but the actual two codes, Gazelle and Ocelot, weren't exactly fully compatible. So it took some sexy over hauls, which pretty much means I sat around for a week deleting stuff, like grouping, to get the desired effects of the base tracker I wanted.

Even today, I'm still deleting a lot of the stuff and rebuilding the tracker pretty much from scratch. Fully, I'd love to thanks WhatMan and they guys at the Gazelle tracker for releasing their code. In exchange, I'll be releasing my mods soon enough:).

If by chance any of you guys want to build a tracker, DON'T USE GAZELLE! haha. It's not user friendly, doesn't have some nice "insert text here and watch it work" interface. This is completely customizing what.cd's site layout. As you can see, you look at What.cd and see Alphaomega, it's nothing the same;)

Thank you all for the continued support of our site! We do love everyone and still, enjoy our site as much as possible. Our IRC is always bumping with characters so feel free to join us there, and pm me if you have anymore questions!

Thanks guys!

tekky
14.12.10, 01:30
Well, our cheat detection just got enabled. Hope we don't hit too many of you guys, but yea, should be a big change, already disabled over 150 users.

anon
14.12.10, 03:44
Well, our cheat detection just got enabled. Hope we don't hit too many of you guys

Aw, that's so sweet. You may want to turn it off entirely, so that none of us gets hit. :lol:

Just kidding. Keep up the good work. :wsmile:

pimphead07
14.12.10, 08:30
Well, our cheat detection just got enabled. Hope we don't hit too many of you guys, but yea, should be a big change, already disabled over 150 users.
There are hardly any leechers and just 1-3 seeds. Also, more importantly, everything is Freeleech as of this moment. Why anyone would want to cheat now is beyond me.

---------- Post added at 13:00 ---------- Previous post was at 12:55 ----------

LOL.. I thought even cheaters were "welcome". I also remember you saying that cheaters would initially be warned and then banned on repeated offence. I see now that you've started disabling accounts without warning?

Typical Mods :lol:

Mihai
14.12.10, 11:20

Usually it's that.

anon
14.12.10, 16:15
LOL.. I thought even cheaters were "welcome". I also remember you saying that cheaters would initially be warned and then banned on repeated offence. I see now that you've started disabling accounts without warning?

Typical Mods :lol:

Their site, their rules. :wsmile:

Shields up! :wtongue:

tekky
14.12.10, 19:26
Cheaters who are cheating via ratio cheats will be warned, having multi accounts with 1 ip or same ip have been removed. Think of it as more yea, don't do that... lol.

Mihai
14.12.10, 19:28
Cheaters who are cheating via ratio cheats will be warned, having multi accounts with 1 ip or same ip have been removed. Think of it as more yea, don't do that... lol.

It's hard to actually make people not do that when they can.But don't worry, there are still those sho actually use the tracker because they like it.

The only thing that makes me not use it is the fact that I hate archived movies, tv shows and music.Usually I just hate archives.

Timmy
25.05.11, 05:48
Some things I notice... The leech/seed reported on the client is not the same as the one you see when you view your page on currently seeding and leeching... Now go to the main torrent page it also is showing different values on leech and seed! Clearly fake seed/leech shows up, so be careful my cheating bros :)

EDIT: Yes Ive checked five different torrents and two different clients.. It seems to be the case... Looks like a trap to me so if you see theres two leechers and you tried to upload when there really is no leechers youll get caught!!! Nice try hehe.

Mihai
25.05.11, 07:28
Some things I notice... The leech/seed reported on the client is not the same as the one you see when you view your page on currently seeding and leeching... Now go to the main torrent page it also is showing different values on leech and seed! Clearly fake seed/leech shows up, so be careful my cheating bros :)

EDIT: Yes Ive checked five different torrents and two different clients.. It seems to be the case... Looks like a trap to me so if you see theres two leechers and you tried to upload when there really is no leechers youll get caught!!! Nice try hehe.

Or maybe stats just update a little slow.

anon
25.05.11, 19:25
Tsk tsk... it's like that on all Gazelle trackers...

Jordan
20.03.12, 11:25
AO has changed to a ratio free site. So no need for cheating anymore. :smile: