PDA

View Full Version : Is Your Computer Secretly Connecting to the Web

Resurrection
26.11.10, 04:19
Find Out If Your Computer Is Secretly Connecting to the Web (http://lifehacker.com/302636/find-out-if-your-computer-is-secretly-connecting-to-the-web)

If you are trying to track down why your computer is running so slooowwwly, try using this simple DOS command from Digital Inspiration to uncover a possible problem:

* Type cmd in your Windows Run box.
* Type "netstat -b 5 > activity.txt" and press enter.
* After say 2 minutes, press Ctrl+C.
* Type "activity.txt" on the command line to open the log file in notepad (or your default text editor)

This .txt file will have a record of everything that has made an Internet connection in the last couple of minutes; you can then check your task manager to find out where it is and take care of it.

Is Your Computer Connecting To Websites Without Your Knowledge (http://labnol.blogspot.com/2007/09/is-your-computer-connecting-to-websites.html)

----------------------

Computers are lot like girlfriends.They can keep you busy for hours,are always moaning about something and you never really appreciate them until the first time they go down on you...
But they can also cheat you without you knowing it....

Instab
26.11.10, 04:24
i doubt this is very useful for the average user. it's very difficult to know which connections are fine and which are not. even a pro has to know all details about the system before he/she can decide.

ParamouR
26.11.10, 07:05
i doubt this is very useful for the average user. it's very difficult to know which connections are fine and which are not. even a pro has to know all details about the system before he/she can decide.

Anon this is very important thread made by "Resurrection". I hope you know what it does, it shows all your computers network statistics like send/received. Its very useful to find out if your computer has a key-logger in your system and sends the Logs to the culprits email/ftp server. We can easily make out what are networks are running in the back-ground. ;)

Gapo
26.11.10, 14:56
Anon

That's Instaban :gtongue: OK, fine, it's Instab :shifty:

Its very useful to find out if your computer has a key-logger in your system and sends the Logs to the culprits email/ftp server. We can easily make out what are networks are running in the back-ground. ;)

Depends on the person. What may seem easy to you is hard for others and vice versa. Maybe checking for 2 minutes isn't enough, there are some problems, etc.

ParamouR
26.11.10, 17:50
That's Instaban :gtongue: OK, fine, it's Instab :shifty:

Oops maybe now everywhere I see Anon, :P. Whenever I see a mod post above I feel its anon. Sorry Instab ;(

Depends on the person. What may seem easy to you is hard for others and vice versa. Maybe checking for 2 minutes isn't enough, there are some problems, etc.

Well I just want to say it worked for me :|

Vation
26.11.10, 18:30
There is plenty of other tools, good tools, netstat is last resort.
Starting from TCPcon, TCPview, Process Explorer fom Sysinternals
Current ports, from Nirsoft,
Ending at Smartsniff from Nirsoft and The Wireshark

ParamouR
26.11.10, 18:41
There is plenty of other tools, good tools, netstat is last resort.
Starting from TCPcon, TCPview, Process Explorer fom Sysinternals
Current ports, from Nirsoft,
Ending at Smartsniff from Nirsoft and The Wireshark

Those applications are there but what if we don't have them and also no Web connection when we require it the most. The only solution is this :)

Gapo
26.11.10, 18:48
Err... If we don't have an Internet connection, we got nothing to worry about. Not like a virus can transmit information without an active Internet connection.

anon
26.11.10, 18:54
Anon this is very important thread made by "Resurrection".

Seriously, how did you confuse him with me? :lol:

I hope you know what it does

Instab's an IT professional, so I think he does.

ParamouR
26.11.10, 18:58
Err... If we don't have an Internet connection, we got nothing to worry about. Not like that virus can transmit information without an active Internet connection.

HS How could I miss that. Anyway you caught me there :P

Seriously, how did you confuse him with me? :lol:.

I think your are more popular here, maybe that's why. Anyway mistakes happen by human beings there's nothing new ;)

Instab's an IT professional, so I think he does.

Certainly~