PDA

View Full Version : The downtime - what _really_ happened

anon
17.11.10, 19:41
Instab and system28 were partying hard in our Server.lu datacenter, but overdid it with the alcohol and collapsed in our Ethernet cabling. 36 hours later, Rebound and me were able to wake them up and put all the cables where they go, but I can't guarantee we did a good job. Chances are we're on a 1Gbit line now and left a bunch of hardcore torrenters fighting over two-digit MB/s speeds on the shining brand new 100Mbit that used to belong to us.

Anyway, we're having sitewide freeleech for one day to make up for this inconvenience, and the members responsible for it should have their first AA meeting this weekend.

Best regards,

Your SB-Innovation Team

desodorante
17.11.10, 19:52
http://images1.memegenerator.net/Technologically-Impaired-Duck/ImageMacro/3708859/I-DELETED-SBIS-SYSTEM.jpg

anon
17.11.10, 19:54
I thought we ran on a better OS than that or something. :unsure:

piratemeister
17.11.10, 21:31
You mean SB-Innovation was not reacheable ??? The important is all ok now...

anon
17.11.10, 21:32
You mean SB-Innovation was not reacheable ???

Mostly.

I mean, it didn't load and stuff.

SealLion
17.11.10, 21:37
all the torrents are gone.:frown:

All the free stuff is gone. So much for free leech. :frown:

anon
17.11.10, 21:38
We're working on that at the moment. :gninja:

system28
17.11.10, 22:14
however...instab and me had the greatest party since years! Why are so many cables on our dancefloor? Hmm...but thanks anon and Re! They brought us back to life!

:94955554pw1::brost::instablove::sys28love::brost: :94955554pw1:

anon
17.11.10, 22:16
Why are so many cables on our dancefloor?

Well, I told you it wouldn't be a good idea to do that trip to Luxembourg. Things are different over there. :ggrin:

system28
17.11.10, 22:25
The dyed cables in Blacklight! Man i tell you...this was awesome! Like glowing Snakes!

Instab
17.11.10, 22:28
:dj:

saebrtooth
18.11.10, 12:15
2 days dude, 2 days no sbi :`(

hey and why are the pages PAINFULLY slow?

anon
18.11.10, 12:16
hey and why are the pages PAINFULLY slow?

They're not here.

Perhaps our new gigabit link has poor routing to your location.

Renk
18.11.10, 12:39
Downtime this night again.

So,there is something other, much more addictive than alcohol alone....

:k4: :g67tu3: :dancinggay: :sado: :smoke18:

But maybe we need some others smileys with white power and other attractive substances, too...

saebrtooth
18.11.10, 12:46
They're not here.

Perhaps our new gigabit link has poor routing to your location.

1 minute for
http://www.sb-innovation.de/showthread.php?threadid=22247&page=4
:(

---------- Post added at 12:46 ---------- Previous post was at 12:44 ----------

Downtime this night again.

So,there is something other, much more addictive than alcohol alone....

:k4: :g67tu3: :dancinggay: :sado: :smoke18:

But maybe we need some others smileys with white power and other attractive substances, too...

Do u mean "white powder" :lol:

anon
18.11.10, 13:24
we need some others smileys with white power

Everybody leave the building, Renk is a white supremacist! :glol:

saebrtooth
18.11.10, 13:39
haha lol, I think renk did something similar on the thread where sazzy introed herself :biggrin:

Snitlev
18.11.10, 14:22
staby and sys28 are very heavy-handed to repair the server and anon is dancing with the cable, because they is knotted ^^

best regards

tokiodrift1
18.11.10, 17:12
all the torrents are gone.:frown:

All the free stuff is gone. So much for free leech. :frown:

nice to see that sbi's hidden torrent-tracker is back online,
but sadly still 'advance user+'-only.

btw, all torrents are back.. :happy:

SealLion
18.11.10, 17:55
Just so you guys know, since all those torrents, being in question as to their legality are totally, completely, unequivocally, monstrously, and undeniably, ILLEGAL!!....but that's only for videos, h4x, pr0n, and Microsoft Office. Everything else is still considered questionable.

And another thing, since the official recognition of the legendary-mythological international crime syndicate (a.k.a. U.N.C.L.E.), there is now a 'cool' factor initiated into bit-torrenting.

So basicially, if you are browsing the interwebz :biggrin: , you can now take utter pride in the fact that 'cool" has been totally and completely re-invented and catapulted to the greatest of any kind of international acclaim by one of the most sophisticated propaganda campaigners of all time: Hip Bojangles :biggrin:

anon
18.11.10, 18:58
but sadly still 'advance user+'-only.

Stop spreading misinformation, you. The tracker remains only available to those with five gray stars upon a successful application, and no one else. :gninja:

tokiodrift1
18.11.10, 19:06
Stop spreading misinformation, you. The tracker remains only available to those with five gray stars upon a successful application, and no one else. :gninja:

I will keep that in mind... :Alkoholiker:
btw, we should change the tracker-banner...

SBcheater
18.11.10, 20:52
but despite of all this this .. I wonder two dudes having a dance party sounds bit strange again... dudes dancing alone in datacenter alone in midnight , and they were drunk and fell of servers .... or something worst happened ? perhaps instab felt on system28 or sys28 felt on instab either way a dude felt on another dude and they together felt on server cables and what happened next is still vague ..

anon
18.11.10, 21:22
btw, we should change the tracker-banner...

There's a banner contest. Rewards for being in the top 3 are VIP status, two invites and 50 gigs of upload credit. Look in the forums that are inside the other forums.

dudes dancing alone in datacenter alone in midnight

Who said they were alone? :unsure:

perhaps instab felt on system28 or sys28 felt on instab either way a dude felt on another dude and they together felt on server cables and what happened next is still vague ..

:lol:

Renk
23.11.10, 22:25
1 minute for

Do u mean "white powder" :lol:

Of course :smile:, but I'm used to that kind of lapsus scripti, because of:

1) a (light) neurological problem altering usage of some of my fingers

2) A heavy paranoid disorder, which leads me to have a badly responsive keyboard, due to an overloaded PC (with all the vpn's and whole disk encryption levels I use)

3) In that case, a mistake due to the fact that the powder I was refering about gives in some sense a kind a power feeling.

(the most relevant I think being here 2) and 3) )

Although it's certainly a joke (but who knows with this amazing site, with hidden parts hidden inside other hidden parts :rolleyes:...) I think this option would have to be considered very seriously.

I'm thinking about a hidden tracker (only accessible to members with at least 292 293 posts), indexing only fully legal stuff inside a white list (such as peerates server on ed2k network), and used as cheating training center. There would be different difficulty-levels (TPB level, Demonoid level, ... What.cd level), and each of us could test and experiment different technics and methods.

That would be very valuable for the members, and moreover this site would be even more loved by the tracker's admins around the world.

But maybe that does already exists ? :biggrin:

anon
24.11.10, 00:30
Although it's certainly a joke (but who knows with this amazing sites, with hidden parts hidden inside other hidden parts :rolleyes:...) I think this option would have to be conidered very seriously.

I was just kidding around, you know this is the off-topic section! :wsmile:

I'm thinking about a hidden tracker (only accessible to members with at least 292 293 posts) , indexing only fully legal stuff inside a white list (such as peerates serveur on ed2k network), and used as cheating training center,. There would be different difficulty-level (TPB level, Demonoid level, ... What.cd level), and each of us could test and experiment different technics and methods.

That would be very valuable for the members, and moreover this site would be even more loved by the tracker's admins aroud the world.

Why not just grabbing our favorite programming IDE and making SB-Innovation: The Game? That may even be easier. :lol:

Note the concept isn't unheard of!

ParamouR
24.11.10, 03:53
Thanks for coming back SB-I. I recon when I signed in like last week it didn't responded and timed-out. I taught there might be some problem with the server.
Anyhow I need to ask this from a long time.
Why is it so that SB-I takes much more time than a average site like this one, like is it because of this theme or something?
I certainly think we need an upgrade here~

Thanks SB-I for all the things you have given me, may this site well live :)

Instab
24.11.10, 04:10
Why is it so that SB-I takes much more time than a average site like this one, like is it because of this theme or something?
I certainly think we need an upgrade here~

you mean it's loading slow?
if yes that might depend on your location. for europe it should be pretty fast but of course the further away somebody is the slower it might be. nothing we could do about it.

ParamouR
24.11.10, 09:12
you mean it's loading slow?
if yes that might depend on your location. for europe it should be pretty fast but of course the further away somebody is the slower it might be. nothing we could do about it.

Yup mate! it takes like 4/5 seconds to load a thread containing just 2-3 posts. The main thing is that if I load the main page of SB-I it takes like 1/2 a minute to load. maybe because of my ISP idk.
But I have seen sometimes once it loads it catches up and loads little faster.~

anon
24.11.10, 12:32
Yup mate! it takes like 4/5 seconds to load a thread containing just 2-3 posts. The main thing is that if I load the main page of SB-I it takes like 1/2 a minute to load. maybe because of my ISP idk.

Definitely, poor routing to your location. I'm on South America and pages load in just a couple of seconds.

ParamouR
24.11.10, 12:41
Definitely, poor routing to your location. I'm on South America and pages load in just a couple of seconds.

That may be the reason but don't forget your a MoD here maybe because of that your account sign-in might be given first priority :(
Like if multiple people sign in and updates, I hope you know what I'm saying~

anon
24.11.10, 12:42
That may be the reason but don't forget your a MoD here maybe because of that your account sign-in might be given first priority :(

I don't think so. It's the same even if not logged in.

We're all equal here! :lol:

ParamouR
24.11.10, 12:54

Good to hear about it!:top:

Instab
25.11.10, 03:06
don't forget your a MoD here maybe because of that your account sign-in might be given first priority

correct, we have no such mechanism here

anon
25.11.10, 12:43
correct, we have no such mechanism here

This guy knows what he's talking about!

ParamouR
25.11.10, 13:44
This guy knows what he's talking about!

Are you talking to me? or your telling it to "Instab" about what I'm saying idk?

anon
25.11.10, 13:45
I'm talking to the person I quoted. :wsmile: