PDA

View Full Version : uTorrent -Serenity- 2.2.0 Build 23071

Owyn
13.11.10, 13:47
http://i35.tinypic.com/25eyzcz.png
uSerenity 2.2.0 Build 23071

see features (http://www.sb-innovation.de/f59/userenity-settings-description-22032/) page

changelog:
- added No-Upload (thx to The248)

╔═══════════════════════════╗
Password:
╚═══════════════════════════╝

uSerenity22

mmmmm
13.11.10, 20:41
changelog:
- added No-Upload

you means its by default now there is no upload to peers as i didn't found new option.

anon
13.11.10, 20:42
Manager -> Options -> No-Upload

Bellamore
13.11.10, 21:16
This is verry good, but my question...
Maybe anyone can help me.

How can i have an utorrent running (serenity version) and then start a normal utorrentclient (other version then Serenity simultaneously ?.
I tried already that i can launch 2 utorrentclients simultaneously and it worked, but i can't get it to work when adding Serenity.

Thanks in advance.

anon
13.11.10, 21:18
How can i have an utorrent running (serenity version) and then start a normal utorrentclient (other version then Serenity simultaneously ?.

http://www.sb-innovation.de/showthread.php?threadid=4050

That method works for both two official uTorrents as well as uSerenity and another kind of instance here. Just make sure they're in different folders.

Owyn
13.11.10, 21:53
This is verry good, but my question...
Maybe anyone can help me.

I tried already that i can launch 2 utorrentclients simultaneously and it worked, but i can't get it to work when adding Serenity.

Thanks in advance.

or you can just label torrent you don't want to cheat with "Normal", that's the whole point of profiles in uSerenity :)

Extraterrestrial
13.11.10, 22:06
This isn't an official update, so updating to this version would be a problem on trackers which whitelists new builds of utorrent manually.

Owyn
13.11.10, 22:13
This isn't an official update, so updating to this version would be a problem on trackers which whitelists new builds of utorrent manually.

Download - µTorrent - a (very) tiny BitTorrent client (http://user.utorrent.com/intl/en/downloads)

Extraterrestrial
13.11.10, 22:22
Download - µTorrent - a (very) tiny BitTorrent client
I meant by not being an official update is that you don't get that notification popping off telling you that there is a new version available. In other words, when i click "check for update" on my main utorrent client, i get this message:

There is no new version available at this time

It's still a problem on trackers which whitelist builds of utorrent manually, have to wait a bit before using it.

seldom
13.11.10, 22:41
Just noticed even the DHT patch is optional. Cool! :)

CoreCore
14.11.10, 03:54
hmmm, I think we have a bug. Double clicking on the torrent file, pulls up serenity but the add torrent window does not show up. It does if i make the un modded client the default though. I have to drag and drop the torrent file into serenity for the add window to show.

bloodpain
14.11.10, 09:51
hmmm, I think we have a bug. Double clicking on the torrent file, pulls up serenity but the add torrent window does not show up. It does if i make the un modded client the default though. I have to drag and drop the torrent file into serenity for the add window to show.

same problem here :(

Owyn
14.11.10, 10:40
here's a fixed version ^_^ * you know what to do Anon :rolleyes: *

same pass

hope you don't mind me adding it :D

Staff Edit: what the hell? Vw gets his own tag, and after over 2 years of moderating this forum I don't? :wfrown: Anyway, I just killed the duplicate attachment.

mmmmm
14.11.10, 19:03
Staff Edit: what the hell? Vw gets his own tag, and after over 2 years of moderating this forum I don't? :wfrown: Anyway, I just killed the duplicate attachment.

There is PM for that or/and hidden forum you can discuss with him But not before members.

anon
14.11.10, 19:04
It's called humor. :gtongue:

CoreCore
14.11.10, 21:48
hehe, well some people don't get humor. I thought it was funny as heck lol

Extraterrestrial
14.11.10, 21:48
I want to change uSerenity icon to this one:
http://i56.tinypic.com/1pukq8.png
How can i do it?

anon
14.11.10, 21:50
Drop the custom tray.ico file in Serenity's folder and restart.

---------- Post added at 17:50 ---------- Previous post was at 17:49 ----------

You should make a copy of that file and call it main.ico, also.

Here's the black icon in particular:
http://www.utorrent.com/skins/download/id/211

Extraterrestrial
14.11.10, 21:58
Drop the custom tray.ico file in Serenity's folder and restart.

How can i change the uSerenity.exe icon as well?

anon
14.11.10, 21:59
Using Resource Hacker? :unsure:

LittleCow
15.11.10, 10:44

I have exactly the same bug.

For me this is interesting: how, after many days of testing so visible bug has not been fixed? How, after many days of testing developers did not notice so visible bug?

Strange :confused:

C3PO
15.11.10, 11:54
So if I want to use only NoUpload will I have DHT and PEX patch, too (maybe u already noticed that I don't like DHT/PEX patch) :)

seldom
15.11.10, 12:40
So if I want to use only NoUpload will I have DHT and PEX patch, too
I would say not if you uncheck it in uSerenity manager: Options->DHT-Patch
I have not verified it myself though.

anon
15.11.10, 13:38
So if I want to use only NoUpload will I have DHT and PEX patch, too

Nope, they're separate settings. If you don't want the DHT-Patch to be enabled, just turn it off in the settings manager.

C3PO
15.11.10, 13:48
So should I run Serenity always together with the setttings window?

anon
15.11.10, 13:49
Nope. You only have to run the manager once. After that, it'll remember the settings you saved.

C3PO
15.11.10, 13:54
Didn't like it, sorry, MR doesn't find a process and i ceartinly don't want to run miltiple instances.

anon
15.11.10, 13:55
MR doesn't find a process

Tried setting the process name to "userenity" in the RM?

C3PO
15.11.10, 14:01
How can I do that?

anon
15.11.10, 14:02
http://www.sb-innovation.de/attachment.php?attachmentid=3407

Type "userenity" without the quotes where it says "utorrent" in the picture. :gtongue:

C3PO
15.11.10, 14:10
Can I check somehow if it really runs with my profile?

anon
15.11.10, 14:12
Load a torrent from a test tracker and give it a label which contains the profile's name. If you have enabled fake upload, then the amount of "Uploaded" traffic below the column of the same name should grow as time passes. Otherwise, just let the torrent run and check the "results" on the frontend after an hour or so.

C3PO
15.11.10, 14:16
Taking my words back, mod seems good

EDIT: So I should start the settings window every time I start userenity, because it doesn't remember my settings. I checked the NoUpload option, but I'm upping with full speed...

CoreCore
15.11.10, 21:32
No, Run the setting manager (only once) and setup Profiles for whatever you want to do. Then goto file & save. Now you can close the manager and not worry about it anymore.

Everytime you run uSerenity add the lable name to the new torrent (the names (profiles) you made in the manger and then you will have that torrent using the setting of that profile(s) you made.

C3PO
15.11.10, 21:44
I have to add something for every single torrent?

anon
15.11.10, 21:45
Nope.

As a matter of fact, you shouldn't even need labels if all you want is no upload.

For fake upload and the like, it's just like CoreCore said. Torrents without labels will use the "default" profile.

C3PO
15.11.10, 21:51
So how can I add the profile name in the torrent anyway?

anon
15.11.10, 21:51
Right-click -> Label -> New Label

TD21
17.11.10, 13:22
How do u set uSerenity to stop seeding as soon as the download completes?

I had the Seed While values at 0,0 with the Reaches Seeding Goal rate to 0 and it still won't stop.

pimphead07
17.11.10, 14:15

I dont think you can. You can try a workaround.

Userenity->options->preferences->Queuing

There, put Max. number of active torrents=1

Doing this, when you finish the torrent, it will move on to next download and show the completed download a "queued seed".

C3PO
17.11.10, 14:23
Why don't u just turn on the NoUpload option?

anon
17.11.10, 14:48

Options -> Preferences -> Queueing:
http://www.sb-innovation.de/attachment.php?attachmentid=3423

That should work. If it doesn't, make sure you aren't force starting the torrent.

C3PO
17.11.10, 16:58
Nope, the new NoUpload option isn't working, I see that I can seed and the ratio goes up.

Gapo
17.11.10, 17:06
Nope, the new NoUpload option isn't working, I see that I can seed and the ratio goes up.

Did you save the settings then restart uSerenity?

anon
17.11.10, 18:03

You must be doing something wrong, I tested this release before it was posted here (doing the classic uploading to 127.0.0.1 test), and it worked just fine.

ghostfucker
17.11.10, 18:06
I tested this release
same here. i didn't find any bugs [related to no-up]...

Master Razor
17.11.10, 18:58
Manager -> Options -> No-Upload

I can't find the no-upload setting. And what do you mean by manager? Tried looking in utorrent - preferences and found nothing.

anon
17.11.10, 18:59
There's a program called uSerenity Settings.exe included in the archive. Open that.

C3PO
17.11.10, 19:12
Hmm, I must be doing something wrong then. I'll check everything trough and if the problem doesnt go away I'll post screens.

CoreCore
17.11.10, 21:27
@C3PO

Let me know what exact settings you want and I will send you the settings file it makes and see if that helps.

C3PO
18.11.10, 09:38
We cleared it out with anon on PM :) But thank u

maniak
19.11.10, 01:56
I would like to know if this client is detected in what.cd and PT

alpacino
19.11.10, 03:32
I would like to know if this client is detected in what.cd and PT

It can't be detected if used correctly. If you are referring to announce faults or common detection vectors, then no, it is not detectable.

anon
19.11.10, 13:16
That's been answered many times, please use search next time.

MiCRON
20.11.10, 04:36
Is there any chance the 20 profile limit could be removed? :D

Gapo
20.11.10, 09:35
Is there any chance the 20 profile limit could be removed? :D

That was removed a long time ago.

MiCRON
20.11.10, 12:11
It still says Maximum of 20 profiles reached?

Vation
20.11.10, 14:57
uSerenity Settings.exe is crashig on File>Save. Platform Windows7 32bit.

Owyn
20.11.10, 16:05
uSerenity Settings.exe is crashig on File>Save. Platform Windows7 32bit.
make crash dump. for others it works fine.
How to get Crash or Hang dump? | Vinays Blog - articles, wallpapers, games & technology (http://vinaytechs.blogspot.com/2010/01/how-to-get-crash-or-hang-dump.html)

C3PO
22.11.10, 11:06
be leecher 0%done
no report download
no report upload
no report corrupt
dont announce completed event

And that are the only settings u need for ghostleeching? Should I turn off the NoUpload when I'm ghostleeching?

anon
22.11.10, 16:23
Should I turn off the NoUpload when I'm ghostleeching?

Upload's not going to get reported, anyway:

no report upload

Resurrection
24.11.10, 04:45
Hey Owyn,I just yesterday downloaded the serenity and will be using it from now on...

I had been using RM exclusively before so I went through serenity tutorials here...

Although I know now what each option does,I dont how they work together...I mean what if I enable one option and disable other...

I am very interested in the "No report Download" function of this mod...

I want to download something without showing any traces of it to the tracker...So I enabled the following options...

http://www.sb-innovation.de/attachment.php?attachmentid=8712

I test drove it on ipT and it worked...

But I was reading this (http://www.sb-innovation.de/f43/utorrent-serenity-2-0-4-build-22450-a-22844/index6.html#post240350) thread and you were saying something about not enabling "dont announce completed event ".Lets say I want to use it on what.cd or other difficult trackers,what do you suggest I do?

Is it ok to enable both the option together?Is it ok as it is now?
Or do I need to change something?

Gapo
24.11.10, 09:42
I want to download something without showing any traces of it to the tracker...So I enabled the following options...

image (http://www.sb-innovation.de/members/resurrection-albums-wh-picture8712-serene.JPG)

I test drove it on ipT and it worked...

But I was reading this (http://www.sb-innovation.de/showthread.php?threadid=22844&page=6#post240350) thread and you were saying something about not enabling "dont announce completed event ".Lets say I want to use it on what.cd or other difficult trackers,what do you suggest I do?

Is it ok to enable both the option together?Is it ok as it is now?
Or do I need to change something?

Owyn said if you didn't tick "no announce completed" in conjunction with "no report", you'd most likely get detected.

As I said in the what thread: http://www.sb-innovation.de/showthread.php?threadid=5801&page=105#post239260

Secondly, if you want to ghost leech somewhere, you'll want to change that setup.

Tick these:

Be leecher (0%)
No report download
No report upload
No report corrupt
Don't announce completed event
Connect tracker just once on start to grab peers

Owyn
24.11.10, 12:01
Don't announce completed event
Connect tracker just once on start to grab peers
using both makes no sense, choose what you like the most from these two.

and yes ticking no report download without "be leecher 0%" would get you banned right away, you should see default setting profile for what you want, it's ready to use

anon
24.11.10, 12:11
and yes ticking no report download without "be leecher 0%" would get you banned right away

Was going to point this out right when I saw his screenshot... you can imagine it makes little sense for the tracker to see zero download but your completion percentage increasing from zero to something.

Back in the day, ScT gave delayed instabans for that.

Resurrection
25.11.10, 07:22
Pretty lucky that ipT account is still standing then...

you should see default setting profile for what you want, it's ready to use

Whoa whoa... Are you serious?Does that mean userenity is cheating by default?

I realise now what you meant when you said
where default is stealthy downloading in the http://www.sb-innovation.de/showthread.php?threadid=22032 thread.

But its a dangerous thing bro...I only wanted to cheat on 2/3 torrents.
I named only 2/3 torrents as cheat and rest others were unnamed
I have over 150 torrents seeding in my utorrent.So does that mean those torrents i was seeding did not report upload?

Yes that's what I think happened.

Actually its not that big a deal.I can just as easily switch Default and Normal settings in the manager but there should be warning somewhere man :wtongue:
I was even seeding on what :shockkk!2:

Its like,you can read all the reviews in the world but only when you get to test drive a car do you really know what's what...

C3PO
25.11.10, 09:46
So I disabled the DHT patch and the PEX discovery in options, but Im still getting peers with X flag. Why is that?

anon
25.11.10, 12:51
Whoa whoa... Are you serious?Does that mean userenity is cheating by default?

Well, if you open the manager from a default installation, checkboxes 2 to 6 are ticked.

So I disabled the DHT patch and the PEX discovery in options, but Im still getting peers with X flag. Why is that?

X = Peer was included in peerlists obtained through Peer Exchange (PEX) or an IPv6 peer told you its IPv4 address.

seldom
25.11.10, 12:52
You probably have 'Allow incoming legacy connections' checked (if those with X flag are new connections, if they are old - disabling DHT and PEX will just prevent from searching new peers, but won't get rid of existing ones),

anon
25.11.10, 12:53
You probably have 'Allow incoming legacy connections' checked

That's for encryption :gsmile:

seldom
25.11.10, 13:00
That's for encryption :gsmile:

Yes, you are right (as usual)! :) My bad... So, he's probably talking about 'old' obtained 'not via tracker' peers.

C3PO
25.11.10, 15:14
Well I was leeching at FL.ro. I guess I can expect everything from them...

grebetu
25.11.10, 18:45
Hey Owyn, how hard it would be to implement custom columns in uTorrent?
Since you added fake upload to upload we have some way of controlling the thing, but if it would be possible to implement real separate "fake upload speed"/"fake upload" columns that would be miraculous.

I know it's hard to work with reverse engineered code, but maybe you could rename some of crappy columns like "Episode" and "Codec" and push faking values to them if that doesn't break anything :)

Vation
26.11.10, 15:32
At save config
Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BEX
Application Name: uSerenity Settings.exe
Application Version: 0.0.0.0
Application Timestamp: 4cdd6ce2
Fault Module Name: MSVCR90.dll
Fault Module Version: 9.0.30729.4926
Fault Module Timestamp: 4a1743c1
Exception Offset: 0002fef2
Exception Code: c0000417
Exception Data: 00000000
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1045
Additional Information 1: 7591
Additional Information 2: 7591da4fd36b707eb48623764e5e295d
Additional Information 3: 232c
Additional Information 4: 232c9ddd9c46dcec853f579cc1e2a74c

Owyn
26.11.10, 15:37
Fault Module Name: MSVCR90.dll
well, that's not my module :P

and see prev pages, without crashdump i can't really do anything about it.

Vation
26.11.10, 17:09
Gothte dump, link pmed

Jarun
01.12.10, 12:04
When I save with uSerenity Settings it does not create serenity_settings.cfg. Is it supposed to create this in the program directory? I am running Win 7 64. But I ran it as administrator.

anon
01.12.10, 12:14
It saves the file on %appdata%\uTorrent if you aren't running an encapsulated install.

seldom
01.12.10, 12:20
Is it supposed to create this in the program directory?

No, in Win XP it's in Application data\uTorrent folder. Not sure which folder in Win 7.

P.S. A little trick that I would do in case like yours: search! Yes, search the file serenity_settings.cfg on your harddrive :)

anon
01.12.10, 12:21
Not sure which folder in Win 7.

Oh, missed the part where he says he's on 7. The folder is C:\Users\USER_NAME\AppData\Roaming\uTorrent there.

Jarun
01.12.10, 12:41
I did search :) Just not in the users directory. Thanks!

minimi
02.12.10, 08:49
Hello,

I am having trouble with updating stats to my trackers. I am using the latest build of userenity along with tor proxy (vidalia bundle only for tracker communication) I have disabled everything in userenity; dht, peer exchange, only tracker communication is allowed. I can connect to seeds and peers without any prob and download very well.
I am connectable from userenity and the tracker also identifies me as connectable. Ports open correctly. Tracker status shows working in userenity

The only prob is that my stats are not being updated. Is the prob with userenity? The Trackers I am talking of are IPT and BCG. Is there any logs I can send you to be able to help me?

If I use RM (set client as latest azureus build) and make it go through Tor my stats get updated correctly on Bitme.

Hope to get some help :)

Owyn
02.12.10, 10:52
Is the prob with userenity?
have you tried it with normal uTorrent? have you tried opening uSerenity settings manager to edit default profile?

anon
02.12.10, 12:21
Just curious, why do you use Tor for announcing?

Mauritius isn't banned on any trackers that I know of.

minimi
02.12.10, 13:35
Hello,

I use Tor because my ISP hinders with tracker communication in my experience. If I do not use Tor my tracker communication is always "connection reset by peer" or "offline timeout". As soon as I configure through Tor, I get back to "working". Without Tor, I had to rely on DHT and Peer exchange for downloading and was naturally having probs with my stats. I hope that my issue is not with Tor this time.

I have chosen only "Report upload between X and X when there is at least X peers connected" as option for both "default" and "normal" profiles in uSerenity.

I just tried one torrent from TheBox and it appears that the stats are updating correctly with this tracker. I will have to confirm that with a few more tests
I will have to check normal utorrent and azureus.

mmmmm
03.12.10, 13:26
Can you move no upload from options to be with the others so i can use it for individual torrents and not with all

---------- Post added at 15:26 ---------- Previous post was at 15:05 ----------

Also add all possible profiles to the manger like at your explain http://www.sb-innovation.de/showthread.php?threadid=22032 instead of adding them each time.

empiredesign
03.12.10, 20:31
Hi,

Thanks for this mod. This is my first uSerenity mod download. I am used to leecher packs where we had 2x, 5x etc. that actually added 2 or 5 in front of what is actual upload speed (or uploaded amount on tracker updates, not really sure). What would be equivalent to this in Serenity? I see "multiplier from X to Y" setup will that do the same as those i mentioned (fake 2x lecheer etc) or will actually just multiply "something"? (eg. If I set upload speed limit to 5KB/s will it be multiplied by 15 if enter 15 in both fields in "upload multiplier" or will it add 15 in front of my 5KB/s ?)

thank's for your reply.

btw. Glad to have found this site and boards :) :klatsch_3:

anon
03.12.10, 20:32
I see "multiplier from X to Y" setup will that do the same as those i mentioned (fake 2x lecheer etc) or will actually just multiply "something"? (eg. If I set upload speed limit to 5KB/s will it be multiplied by 15 if enter 15 in both fields in "upload multiplier" or will it add 15 in front of my 5KB/s ?)

http://www.sb-innovation.de/showthread.php?threadid=22032

empiredesign
03.12.10, 20:38
kk, thanks, I read that but I wanted to double check before I actually start using serenity (since I have no "test" sites, only those that I use regulary :) )

Cheers and keep up the good work folks!

MiCRON
04.12.10, 08:57
I've tried observing why uSerenity keeps giving "invalid URL" message (even with Fakeup option only enabled) and I've noticed that I get this error whenever there is something downloaded from RSS. Stopping the torrents, and restarting uSerenity manually works, but that's kind of impossible to do that everytime especially when I'm at work. Any suggestion to work around this problem would be appreciated. Thank you! :)

btrizzy
04.12.10, 17:17
Anyone having problems closing this program? I go to exit but it stills shows up in my running processes show in Task Manager. Kind of a nuisance when I have to open the program up again and have to go kill the process.

seldom
04.12.10, 17:22
It might take some time for process to close connections if you have several torrent files active.

btrizzy
04.12.10, 17:35
Is this safe to use in normal mode? Because I can't even open up my regular uTorrent now.

anon
04.12.10, 17:36
Is this safe to use in normal mode?

Why shouldn't it?

btrizzy
04.12.10, 17:43
Why shouldn't it?

Because I just got banned from RevoTT. Even made sure my settings cfg was updated with normal settings. That's what I get for trying to be legit and upload.

seldom
04.12.10, 17:43
Is this safe to use in normal mode?
Just make sure you did not make any changes to the Normal profile (if you don't want to cheat of course). Everything should be unchecked and all zeros in faking section.

anon
04.12.10, 17:45
That's what I get for trying to be legit and upload.

Maybe it's just me, but you shouldn't have used a cheater mod if you were trying to be legit. :unsure:

Anyway, the normal config should be undetectable if you haven't changed it, simply because there's nothing to detect. May want to go to IRC and check why they say you were banned.

btrizzy
04.12.10, 17:51
Maybe it's just me, but you shouldn't have used a cheater mod if you were trying to be legit. :unsure:

Anyway, the normal config should be undetectable if you haven't changed it, simply because there's nothing to detect. May want to go to IRC and check why they say you were banned.

I didn't want to, but I got an error trying to open up my normal uTorrent and thought, wth let's see if this normal mode works.

Owyn
04.12.10, 19:18
normal config
would be used if you labeled torrent "normal", for torrents without labes would be used "default profile" which is stealth downloading

you should have opened settings manager and read description first

mmmmm
04.12.10, 21:49
Remember:
Many users outside sbi using this mod (you have blog):top: so this is suggestion:

and yes ticking no report download without "be leecher 0%" would get you banned right away, you should see default setting profile for what you want, it's ready to use
make that auto if the user tick no report download then tick be leecher 0% by auto.

if you use noreport along with not checking "no announce completed" then it most likely will

its the same as above but for all no report.

Report :
this mod see peers 4 seeds 3 but when check the peer list at tracker there are 8 seeders without any one leech and all of them Complete 100% I'm using these setting (be seeder , no report download ,no report c,don't announce ,fake upload ,multiply speed ) is that something ordinary?

anon
04.12.10, 21:51
Or you could have the "normal" profile become the default, that'd be easier.

Report :
this mod see peers 4 seeds 3 but when check the peer list at tracker there are 8 seeders without any one leech and all of them Complete 100% I'm using these setting (be seeder , no report download ,no report c,don't announce ,fake upload ,multiply speed ) is that something ordinary?

As far as I know, peers get added to the "peers" column until uTorrent connects to them and checks how much of the torrent they have, so that's normal.

You should always check if possible issues happen with the official uTorrent first.

mmmmm
04.12.10, 21:58
Or you could have the "normal" profile become the default, that'd be easier.

cheating on torrent didn't download .

You should always check if possible issues happen with the official uTorrent first.

not using it any more :biggrin: at least for now specially original scrape work here(RM).

MiCRON
05.12.10, 04:21
In my case, when something gets downloaded from the RSS feeds I have (any feed) it gets an "invalid URL" message then the rest of the previously seeding torrents would weirdly report as 0% finished on tracker. I'm not sure if you're downloading off from RSS, but this might be the case why you got banned?

empiredesign
05.12.10, 06:37
One question :)
1. Do we need to restart whole micro torrent for new label to take effect or do we need to just start/stop torrent or is just changing the label enough? (it's like a nesscafe, 3 in 1 question :P ). I am talking about changing label from default state to some other preset we made.

thanks in advance.

Resurrection
05.12.10, 07:21
One question :)
1. Do we need to restart whole micro torrent for new label to take effect or do we need to just start/stop torrent or is just changing the label enough? (it's like a nesscafe, 3 in 1 question :P ). I am talking about changing label from default state to some other preset we made.

thanks in advance.

Restart .

anon
05.12.10, 16:44
Wasn't changing the label and maybe restarting the torrent enough? :unsure:

empiredesign
05.12.10, 18:05
I have no idea, that's why I asked. There is no way to tell in the application itself.

Lotion
07.12.10, 01:25
Can anyone confirm for me that using the default profile is suitable to use on what.cd without getting caught?

Also, it may be just me but when I exit uSerenity, most of the time the process remains running, then it hangs when I try to open it again so I have to end the process and start again.

cyclone
07.12.10, 01:50
Hello. I've been using uSerenity since it was first posted here and have been happy with the results. However, since updating to this version, certain functions do not seem to be working as they should, and I could use some help. Note that I have read every post in both this and the Features thread, but can't solve the problem.

Upon updating, I tried the .cfg file from the last version, but it didn't work properly, so I deleted and recreated all of my profiles/labels with the settings manager. Some worked, some didn't. After that, I deleted the settings manager and its .cfg file entirely, re-downloaded the program, and started over. And yes, I did save and load the new settings. Here's what's happened since that time:

Default - 90% of the time I appear as a leech, show no data movement, and ratio remains unaffected. The other 10%, it fails, counts my download against me, and it happens on more than one site, though not on every torrent. I'm not sure what is going wrong.

Normal - Works as described.

FakeSeed - I created this one myself. The intent is appear as a seeder without moving data. This has not worked since the previous version of uSerenity, but nothing in the settings is different. Settings: seeder=1, nodownload=1, noupload=1, nocorrupt=1, nocomplete=1, and unchecking all files in the torrent so as to download nothing. This should work, but I'm always shown as a leecher on the sites which should not be. Obviously, I'm shown as a downloader in uSerenity itself, but that's standard.

Ghost - Another personal creation that only works 90% of the time. Settings: leecher=1, nodownload=1, noupload=1, nocorrupt=1, nocomplete=1, start=1. This, too, worked flawlessly in the previous version, yet now has a 10% failure rate and happens at random.

I've not attempted to use my FakeUp settings, and probably won't until I can work out the kinks with the above settings.

Should I be unable to make this work as intended, can anyone instruct me on which of anon's Leecher Pack mods can accomplish the same basic things? I'm pretty sure I get the gist, but don't want to foul up.

System specs (not likely a contributing factor): Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit, Intel Core 2 Quad, 4GB RAM.

Thanks in advance for any assistance I may receive.

PS. Lotion's issue with the uSerenity process having to be killed manually happens to me regularly.

empiredesign
07.12.10, 03:06
Can anyone confirm for me that using the default profile is suitable to use on what.cd without getting caught?

Also, it may be just me but when I exit uSerenity, most of the time the process remains running, then it hangs when I try to open it again so I have to end the process and start again.

default mode is stealth mode and I would say it's generally unsafe. I can't wrap my head around why it was made "Default" in the first place...some sort of bad joke perhaps...

Resurrection
07.12.10, 03:48

I haven't tried it personally but I hear ghostleeching (thats what the default profile means) will get you banned from what.cd...

Where do u exit userenity from? the taskbar right?

Yes,in my system too the process remains running for a short while after I exit...but only for 10 seconds or so...
Wait,is all i can say,....

---------- Post added at 04:48 ---------- Previous post was at 04:46 ----------

default mode is stealth mode and I would say it's generally unsafe. I can't wrap my head around why it was made "Default" in the first place...some sort of bad joke perhaps...

No no cmon....nobody wants to joke around here...
Although I do agree that "default" mode should be "normal" and vice versa...

Lotion
07.12.10, 04:09
Thanks for the replies empire and resurrection :)
So if stealth/ghostleeching isn't safe, I take it that the way to go is to only use the upload multiplier? and have everything else reported?
Only problem I have there is I'm not doing any uploading because there is too many seeders compared to leechers and I'm on a very slow connection. So it would really be multiplying by 0?

My question is, is it safe to use Fake Upload when their are 0 peers connected? I can't think of any other solutions for my situation

Thanks for the help and sorry for being a noob :)

Resurrection
07.12.10, 04:15
My question is, is it safe to use Fake Upload when their are 0 peers connected? I can't think of any other solutions for my situation

What do you mean 0 peers connected?How can you use fake upload if you aren't connected to anybody?

Lotion
07.12.10, 04:31
What do you mean 0 peers connected?How can you use fake upload if you aren't connected to anybody?

uSerenity gives you the option to use Fake Upload when there are 0 peers connected. For me that's 99.9% of the time, but I doubt it's safe.
http://img196.imageshack.us/img196/6703/settings0.jpg

Resurrection
07.12.10, 04:41
uSerenity gives you the option to use Fake Upload when there are 0 peers connected. For me that's 99.9% of the time, but I doubt it's safe.
image (http://img196.imageshack.us/img196/6703/settings0.jpg)
How can you download anything from a tracker if you aren't connected to any peers?You have to connect to somebody,right?

I don't understand what you mean by peers? do you mean to say 'leechers'??

Lotion
07.12.10, 04:49
How can you download anything from a tracker if you aren't connected to any peers?You have to connect to somebody,right?

I don't understand what you mean by peers? do you mean to say 'leechers'??

Yes leechers. But the settings manager seems to be using the word peers instead of leechers. Sorry

Resurrection
07.12.10, 05:06
Yes leechers. But the settings manager seems to be using the word peers instead of leechers. Sorry

Always pick a torrent with some leechers....

On a high level tracker,fake uploading on a torrent with 0 leechers is not recommended...

I suggest you to keep the number greater than 0 at all times...

---------- Post added at 06:06 ---------- Previous post was at 06:02 ----------

Hey read this brother

http://www.sb-innovation.de/showthread.php?threadid=21805

DriftKing
07.12.10, 06:25
Any update for Build 23235 ?

anon
07.12.10, 12:42

Not at all. I suggest you search, find the What.cd thread, and read on what does work.

Another user reported the same, also. Do you happen to have many torrents running?

Should I be unable to make this work as intended, can anyone instruct me on which of anon's Leecher Pack mods can accomplish the same basic things? I'm pretty sure I get the gist, but don't want to foul up.

NoComplete_NoReport-Seeder and NoComplete_NoReport-Leecher would be the equivalents of your FakeSeed and Ghost profiles, respectively. This mod is much better than my pack, though, so you may want to wait and check Owyn's words on the matter.

Gapo
07.12.10, 14:28
I've experienced the same issue with uSerenity hanging. In those instances, I haven't had many torrents in uS. However, I had many torrents in uT. This has and still is an occuring problem for a while now.

Owyn
07.12.10, 14:45
hanging after exit
well that might happen if fakeuploading proccess is active and it's stopped in the same time after last fakeupload torrent is stopped, when uTorrent exits it should send stop from all active torrents to trackers which would stop fakeuploading, but probably it has problem with it.

cyclone and others, maybe you would like to test debug version where every announce is logged to a logfile?

Gapo
07.12.10, 16:47
well that might happen if fakeuploading proccess is active and it's stopped in the same time after last fakeupload torrent is stopped, when uTorrent exits it should send stop from all active torrents to trackers which would stop fakeuploading, but probably it has problem with it.

I was merely fake seeding, not fake uploading. Or do you mean the fake process in general for uS?

Can you fix this problem?

theintervurt
09.12.10, 00:38
I think a great feature would be the ability to also fake download like in RM.

qik5l
11.12.10, 00:02
Is there anyway to use the no upload and fake upload options together as the safest way to fake upload is to have at lest one peer connected but the no upload option doesn't connect to peers does it?

anon
11.12.10, 00:03
Is there anyway to use the no upload and fake upload options together

Yes, they aren't mutually exclusive. If there are lots of leechers, just fake upload regardless of whether you're connected to them or not.

Extraterrestrial
13.12.10, 02:02
New build is online: uTorrent 2.2 (build 23703).