PDA

View Full Version : How the @#$& do I get into what.cd?

Resurrection
27.10.10, 06:37
Alright.I've read a lot of threads here about this.

http://www.sb-innovation.de/showthread.php?threadid=7924

http://www.sb-innovation.de/showthread.php?threadid=11397

But basically they all say "get an invite" or "do the damn interview"

As you can see,my invite request received an overwhelming response of 0 and the second one is impossible coz I'm from a banned country.(Can't risk it with a proxy coz i have static IP.I don't want to my sojourn to end before its begun)

I read the POWER USER (http://www.sb-innovation.de/showthread.php?threadid=21135) thread of the member area and even there the sites which offer what.cd are difficult to get into on their own.

All help appreciated!!!!

Surely there is a way...I mean c'mon...

donkeykong
27.10.10, 15:21
I got in through the invite thread of a power user forum in a tracker, a legit user invited me, and that is probably the best way...given how easy it is to get banned there...

anon
27.10.10, 17:18
I got in through the invite thread of a power user forum in a tracker, a legit user invited me, and that is probably the best way...

:gyup:

Resurrection
27.10.10, 19:17
Looks like fuxor has some what.cd invites...

hessler
28.10.10, 17:39
u are so eager to get into what well apparently u havent read my reply in the thread where u commented on my avatar

lolz
29.10.10, 08:44
You can go to UG PU forum to get an invite, I've seen few users in there give away what.cd invite.

Resurrection
29.10.10, 13:22
UndergroundGamer you mean?

:wthink:hmmm

Thanks for replying with a specific site and a rep to buy a loaf of bread with...

Toodles...

---------- Post added at 13:22 ---------- Previous post was at 13:18 ----------

Well Well Well Would you believe it???

We have raised the promotion requirements for Power User and Elite User. We felt both classes were a bit too easy to obtain these days and therefore lost some value.

Power User
Membership length: 6 weeks (2 weeks)
Uploaded: 25GB (10GB)
Ratio: 1.05*
Last logged in: Less than a week ago†

Doesn't seem related but I remember a black cat crossing my path while I was walking under a ladder...

*sigh*

Gapo
29.10.10, 13:56
There's also PTP and Goem. I think both of those have unlimited invites. Personally, I would try to get a Goem invite and then get to PU.

anon
29.10.10, 14:20
We have raised the promotion requirements for Power User and Elite User. We felt both classes were a bit too easy to obtain these days and therefore lost some value.

People that were Power Users before they raised the requirements weren't demoted, even if below the new ones. :gcool:

It's not that hard to reach them, anyway.

Gapo
29.10.10, 15:30
People that were Power Users before they raised the requirements weren't demoted, even if below the new ones. :gcool:

It's not that hard to reach them, anyway.

Still better to get Goem and get an invite from that unlimited thread <3 Or, if you prefer to wait, give "ratio proofs" and answer questions, then U-G's for you. Even there there's the chance another user is going to get the invite.

anon
29.10.10, 15:37
Still better to get Goem and get an invite from that unlimited thread <3

I'm not at GoEM myself, so I can't compare. But if it's a What.cd staff member that's giving invites there, chances are there'll be repercussions if something happens to your account, while this is much less likely to happen with user giveaways.

Or, if you prefer to wait, give "ratio proofs" and answer questions, then U-G's for you.

Sometimes we're lucky and it's a "just ask" giveaway, but lately I've noticed they tend to indeed ask you for proofs and such. Nothing that can't be readily faked, though. :gwink:

Also, you can find What.cd invites in KG's invite thread sometimes.

Gapo
29.10.10, 15:44
Both sides have their ups and downs. It's up to the person to decide which route to take :gwink:

C3PO
29.10.10, 16:02
Las time I checked on GOEM they didn't have invite area in the forums.

alpacino
29.10.10, 17:11
Las time I checked on GOEM they didn't have invite area in the forums.

It's been disabled long ago, due to abuse.

Gapo
29.10.10, 17:18
PTP, Fux0r and the like still have, afaik.

Resurrection
29.10.10, 19:16
if you prefer to wait, give "ratio proofs" and answer questions, then U-G's for you.

facepalm.jpg

There closes another door.

The only option left is libble.Unreliable sources tell me there is a unlimited GA thread there.Although I'm sure it'll close by the time I get there.

anon
29.10.10, 19:18
The only option left is libble.Unreliable sources tell me there is a unlimited GA thread there.Although I'm sure it'll close by the time I get there.

Your sources are right. You need to be a silver user to qualify, though, and that may take time.

lolz
30.10.10, 06:31
40K invites were given out to every class users. Good luck to you :D

Resurrection
30.10.10, 11:49

Which site and which invites are you talking about?

BrianBosworth
30.10.10, 12:34
Which site and which invites are you talking about?

He was referring to what.cd. As part of their third birthday celebration, they are giving out approximately 40,000 invites to members from all user classes. Unfortunately for me, this doesn't apply because my invite privileges are disabled. Hopefully someone will give you an invite.

Uninvited2611
30.10.10, 14:08
PTP, Fux0r and the like still have, afaik.

i will check fux0r out :-p. Thanks. FYI, TehConnection/Cinematik/Karagara has some

Resurrection
30.10.10, 15:50
Hopefully someone will give you an invite.

What a nice thing to say BB

Looks like the decision to close my invite request (http://www.sb-innovation.de/f58/what-cd-invite-22222/) was premature...Just like my ejaculations...

err...nothing.nothing.

-----

@uninvited

Thanks for your suggestions too...

anon
30.10.10, 17:43

Nice, I love seeing invites I won't use stack up next to my What.cd nickname.

caballero
31.10.10, 00:54
If I got one (unlikely because my class is: 'user') I will send it to you ;)

epic :lol:

johno
03.11.10, 18:06
wow i tried the interview 0_o epic fail i wnt even bother with my other 2 attempts lol

anon
03.11.10, 18:37
If you had read WhatInterviewPrep.com or the many threads we have here, you'd have done a bit better...

johno
03.11.10, 19:53
lol thats the problem i did read it i read it a few times then kept it open in another browser while doing the interview lol the problem was when he was asking me why i answered this question like that and i just failed i started off great but 2 lil mistakes ruined it. oh and it was last week i tried it i hadnt found this site then :D

Resurrection
04.11.10, 09:20
Yeah I know the questions johno.Some of them are pretty over the top.
But if you are an audiophile and an experienced 'torrenter' you'd probably know the answer to most of them...

Then again atleast you are lucky enough to be eligible for the interview...My country is banned...
The first post of this thread has the one link on how to prepare for it

Good Luck...

johno
04.11.10, 18:41
there was about 8 of the questions which where worded slightly misleading so all of them where probably wrong i tried to explain i misunderstood them but obv there was no hope lol :(

anon
04.11.10, 19:24
there was about 8 of the questions which where worded slightly misleading

It's just like at school. You have to study stuff, not memorize it. Using a cheatsheet (i.e. Google, WIP.com) as you do the test is also not allowed. :gtongue:

Anyway, now you have the interview guides here on SB-I, and they also have an IRC channel where you can clear all doubts. :gsmile:

Sazzy
04.11.10, 19:34
It's just like at school. You have to study stuff, not memorize it. Using a cheatsheet (i.e. Google, WIP.com) as you do the test is also not allowed

Yet stuff like that got me through school :lol:

johno
04.11.10, 23:04
yea i think i might have a good read for a few days and have another try but il probs rage if fail and never want to be there :D

Resurrection
08.11.10, 07:10
If I'm not wrong don't all gazelle trackers offer invite to each other?

I'm already a member of Jpopsuki...Although no ones mentioned it yet I'm willing to bet even they offer what.cd invites...

Just that now I have to get past the dreaded 'must upload something' rule that all gazelles have to become a Power User...Might try to upload some visual kei bands...

Ugh...

But that rule is a masterstroke actually and I don't understand why waffles (or other music trackers) don't implement it...

anon
08.11.10, 12:26
If I'm not wrong don't all gazelle trackers offer invite to each other?

Not necessarily.

But that rule is a masterstroke actually and I don't understand why waffles (or other music trackers) don't implement it...

If you're on a home connection, you'll eventually have to upload your own stuff if you want to reach 25GB up. This was discussed in the Waffles review yesterday.

Resurrection
09.11.10, 04:05
I hate the idea of accounts being connected to each other...

NO professional cheater will ever accept it...Although the experienced ones welcome the challenge... :cylon:

But desperate times call for desperate measures...

anon
09.11.10, 17:32
NO professional cheater will ever accept it...

That's a bit of an overstatement. If you really want the tracker that's being offered, and the advantages outweigh the disadvantages for you, then just go for it.

Also, taking invites from class-restricted forums doesn't always imply account linking. It may happen with unlimited offers, but user giveaways tend to be rather less careful paranoid.

hessler
13.11.10, 15:34
hay Resurrection have u still got in? i might be able to point u in direction which wud

Resurrection
13.11.10, 16:39
Yes.Hell Yes...
You don't need my permission when it comes to things like this...

I still have 3-5 weeks more to wait to get into there.I am doing the 'Power User' strategy from Popcorn/Underground Gamer...

What do you suggest I do?

neon
13.11.10, 16:43
Consider urself lucky that ur getting a chance for interview. :)
I live in India which is banned country in What.cd :'(
Any possibilities for me?

anon
13.11.10, 16:44
Any possibilities for me?

Come on, just read this thread. It couldn't be easier. :pinch:

Resurrection
13.11.10, 16:48
Come on, just read this thread. It couldn't be easier. :pinch:

If you think about it,doesn't reading something take less effort than typing ?

anon
13.11.10, 17:20
doesn't reading something take less effort than typing ?

Then reading the thread should take less effort than typing "any possibilities for me".

hessler
15.11.10, 16:51
pls send me a pm of the trackers that u r willing to trade for a what acc, if u r ready to trade just like i did,
also i am unsure if the canadian friend has left any accounts to trade,he had 3, 1 he gave to me for HDchina,1 he gave to my girlfriend for SCC, i have already emailed him asking if he's got one left to trade

anon
15.11.10, 18:33
pls send me a pm of the trackers that u r willing to trade for a what acc, if u r ready to trade just like i did,

If you want to trade, do it in the right section or via PM. This is a discussion section, meaning offers or request shouldn't take place on it.