PDA

View Full Version : Lots of new TV shows and restarts this autumn

Instab
07.10.10, 19:29
As the title says a bunch of new shows started and a fair amount of existing shows started into a new season. let's have a look at the new shows first:

NEW SHOWS

Better With You
The Big C
Blü Bloods
Boardwalk Empire
Body Of Proof
Chase
Defenders
Detroit 187
The Event
Hawaii Five-0
Hellcats
The Increasingly Poor Decisions Of Todd Margaret
Law & Order: Los Angeles
Lone Star (Axed Already)
Luther
Mike & Molly
My Dad Says
My Generation
Nikita
No Ordinary Family
Outlaw
Outsourced
Raising Hope
Running Wilde
School Pride
Teach: Tony Danza
Terriers
Top Chef: Just Desserts
Undercovers
The Walking Dead
The Whole Truth

as mentioned above many popular show started into their new seasons as well so what do you think?
some new show that got you hooked? old shows that got better or worse?

and please don't just throw in some names but give some good reasoning :D

anon
07.10.10, 20:32
I haven't heard about the vast majority of shows in your list. Perhaps I need to watch "real" TV a bit more. :lol:

As for the actual topic, right now I'm only following the fifth season of Dexter. <3

I need to catch up with Fringe S02 and House, all the way since S04, also. :gdabs:

Gapo
07.10.10, 21:01
I already revealed what happened in season 4

anon
07.10.10, 21:06
I already revealed what happened in season 4

Yes, I remember. Thanks for ruining that for me. :happy:

Instab
07.10.10, 21:20
some more info on the already canceled Lone Star:

Lone Star is an American one-hour drama television series which originally ran on Fox from September 20, 2010 to September 27, 2010, airing Monday nights at 9 pm ET/PT.[2] After two low-rated episodes, Fox declared its cancellation on September 28, 2010.

source and more details: Lone Star (TV series) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lone_Star_%28TV_series%29)

Resurrection
08.10.10, 04:53
Modern Family is creating buzz...One of the best new sitcom shows on TV atm...I get the new shows from eztv...

Glee,Breaking Bad,Hung ARCHER,justified etc etc are all riding the crest....

I must say though I have a secret crush on Gretchen Mol and look forward to watching all the Boardwalk Empire episodes....

Is it available in your countries??

Instab
08.10.10, 06:14
Is it available in your countries??

hmm, this is a filesharing forum so that shouldn't matter much :P

Resurrection
08.10.10, 06:17
But sometimes people don't even know about the shows until they see teasers of it on their TV...

Although I agree in general with you...

anon
08.10.10, 21:17
But sometimes people don't even know about the shows until they see teasers of it on their TV...

I don't watch TV, so I find about new stuff via our Entertainment section and trackers' browse pages.

FST's NZB index also used to help with that, until they switched to a different, vB4-friendly system that no longer shows new NZBs as forum threads.

Instab
09.10.10, 03:24
I don't watch TV, so I find about new stuff via our Entertainment section and trackers' browse pages.

some trackers also have a nice tv listing

Melnot
10.10.10, 04:24
I have to be honest not very impressed with the new shows this season so far. So far only new shows I like is No Ordinary Family, Boardwalk Empire, and Nikita.

Lone Star was already cancelled after I think 2 episodes, first cancellation of the season.

Instab
10.10.10, 05:27
Lone Star was already cancelled after I think 2 episodes, first cancellation of the season.

as i pointed out already :P

Melnot
10.10.10, 07:35
as i pointed out already :P

oops sorry I missed your post, long day

donkeykong
10.10.10, 22:00
of this season I only watch supernatural

well, I'm not american or british or from any other country whose shows can easily be found on popular trackers so I don't know many shows anyway...

can anyone tell me of any good show with plenty of action and some mystery involved? kinda like last season's flashforward only not gay and still good after the first 3 episodes this time?

Clair
21.10.10, 13:23
I started watching Lone Star and had high hopes for it, only to find out that it got axed. Mistake in my opinion.

The Event, Fringe and Dexter Season 5 are the ones I'm currently watching

mirrormask
21.10.10, 17:26
my favourite new shows this season are the event(the new lost?), no ordinary family(super-hero comedy) and rubicon(high quality conspiracy drama).
i'm also watching law and order los angeles(i'm a huge l&o fan) and undercovers(jj abrams new spy show, which will most likely be cancelled in the near future).

Instab
21.10.10, 19:54
can anyone tell me of any good show with plenty of action and some mystery involved? kinda like last season's flashforward only not gay and still good after the first 3 episodes this time?

that'd be "The Event"

totmann
04.11.10, 07:46
Only to say Smallville's going to end as 10th season, Clark, Lois.... The expected 'The Event' 'Nakita' is good enough as what i suppose. And the new 'The Walking Dead', wow, simply is the L4D2, zombies battles~~

Gapo
04.11.10, 14:22
Nikita is more than good enough!

shawshankraj
05.11.10, 10:09
The Walking Dead first Episode is best Episode ever.Alos Rubicon is good show for who like thriller,mystery and crime in one pack.

Instab
06.11.10, 03:37
The Walking Dead first Episode is best Episode ever.Alos Rubicon is good show for who like thriller,mystery and crime in one pack.

tbh i expected a bit more from TWD but it's just the first episode so let's see.
Rubicon on the other hand is very calm. not sure it can be called "thriller"

shawshankraj
06.11.10, 08:46
yes,you are right it's just a first episode but AMC is producing quite good show now.Have you seen Mad men?.It's a good show for who love drama.

Instab
06.11.10, 21:23
yes,you are right it's just a first episode but AMC is producing quite good show now.Have you seen Mad men?.It's a good show for who love drama.

not seen that, i think the last i've seen from amc was "The Prisoner"

Extraterrestrial
06.11.10, 23:28
I second "The Walking Dead", the first episode is quite entertaining.
This series is promising.

mirrormask
09.11.10, 14:50
jj abrams' spy show undercovers got cancelled and will stop after only 10 episodes:
http://tvbythenumbers.com/2010/11/04/nbc-cancels-undercovers/70882