PDA

View Full Version : [Other P2P] Best p2p program for music?

Sc0bysnack
04.10.10, 03:08
I used to use ares, and then started using utorrent, as emule took wayy to long.
Can someone tell me best prog. to use for music download/searching? thanks peeps:tongue:

Resurrection
04.10.10, 04:41
1.Ares.
2.Ares
3.Ares

I'll tell you why.

When you search for a song or an artist,hold your mouse over the songs that appear in your search...

Most of the times the users have filled in names of similar artist in the "TRY ALSO" section...

That feature alone is one of the biggest reasons I have such a diverse music collection that I now have...

Just that ares has gotten slllllooooowwwww these days...Its trying my patience but the payoff is big so i deal with it...

Vation
04.10.10, 08:18
Any edonkey 2000 network client (eMule mod) would be good for that - Try mods like LPE, Toxic, SBI, no upload feature damages edonkey network severely, so get p2p blacklist for the mode.

FastTrack(Kazaa). Gnutella(Bearshare and many other) networks are full of fakes, low quality files, also have similiar opinion about Ares, so have not used it for ages now.

slikrapid
04.10.10, 09:14
http://www.sb-innovation.de/showthread.php?threadid=18575

http://www.sb-innovation.de/showthread.php?threadid=12999

anon
04.10.10, 13:43
I don't use P2P apps for single tracks anymore - I have BeeMP3 and Mulve.

For full albums, What.cd and Waffles are the way to go.

piratemeister
04.10.10, 14:45
For full albums use uTorrent.
For single tracks use eMule.

tokiodrift1
04.10.10, 14:54

For full albums, What.cd and Waffles are the way to go.

I second this, What.CD is really a nice experience. :happy:

Yuppy
04.10.10, 18:26
Soulseek for rare content.

Vation
04.10.10, 18:33
Soulseek for rare content.

I am not sure about any source but bittorrent and edonkey 2000(eMule) networks. Other networks are dwindling. Unfortunately edonkey(eMule Kademlia) also is dying.

yoco
04.10.10, 18:36
If I only search for a single mp3 file then DC++ is best! But if I'm downloading a whole album then it's torrent or sometimes even MU!

hellman
04.10.10, 19:01
MU!

:huh: what is that?? sorry for noob question

yoco
04.10.10, 19:03
:D
I meant MegaUpload!

Vation
04.10.10, 19:04
If I only search for a single mp3 file then DC++ is best! But if I'm downloading a whole album then it's torrent or sometimes even MU!

DC++ is most risky business ever. DC is centralized. There were many Police raids against hubs.

yoco
04.10.10, 19:06
I seriously don't worry about that stuff! :D

Yuppy
04.10.10, 20:23
I am not sure about any source but bittorrent and edonkey 2000(eMule) networks.
Soulseek sometimes may have music, that you can't find in BT, emule and http.
And this network still have 2 separate networks.

system28
04.10.10, 23:35
I also recommend Soulseek! You will find rarest stuff there!

Blocker
08.10.10, 03:44
mp3 search engine (http://fetchsong.com/)

It's not a program ,but this site is excellent in my opinion

and its a non BT/P2P recommendation

Resurrection
08.10.10, 04:36
You know at the end of the day,the network with the most traffic is the best when it comes to p2p...

I tried shareaza yesterday coz I read it connects to a ridiculous number of networks (gnutella, Gnutella2 (G2), eDonkey, BitTorrent, FTP and HTTP network protocols and handles magnet links,[3] ed2k links, and the now deprecated gnutella and Piolet links)

It was boring and disappointing....

Any other software that has such a large connectivity?

Yuppy
08.10.10, 10:29
Any other software that has such a large connectivity?
I'm suppose Limewire/Frostwire.

anon
08.10.10, 16:52
mp3 search engine (http://fetchsong.com/)

It's not a program ,but this site is excellent in my opinion

It gets the tracks from the same place as Mulve, and uses a VPS+Tor to proxy them to you. The place was created by an FST member, and I gave him a small help with that. :gsmile:

You know at the end of the day,the network with the most traffic is the best when it comes to p2p...

Not necessarily. Gnutella is very big, but nowadays it's crap content-wise.

buta
02.12.10, 16:42
Limewire has some good stuff. But p2p is better for me

salzali
02.12.10, 17:27
GrooveShark (http://listen.grooveshark.com/) is the best online mp3 site.
P2P happening i offer Ares..

anon
02.12.10, 18:01
Limewire has some good stuff. But p2p is better for me

Limewire uses the Gnutella network, which is P2P. :wmellow:

start
07.12.10, 19:07
I prefer Soulseek

VladIII
20.01.11, 22:41
For full albums use:utorrent,Soulseek and link MU.RS and others in blogspot
For discography use:utorrent and emule

Caramba
21.01.11, 01:30
my favorite is the good old Emule :D
is sure the biggest baze for music, but i download 10-15 the same song because 90% is bad quality :(

MiCRON
21.01.11, 08:57
Soulseek and IRC for single tracks.

Blazedog
26.02.11, 12:03
I've used soulseek for several years and I like it

slikrapid
26.02.11, 17:35
I tried shareaza yesterday...It was boring and disappointing....

well, you missed its peak by quite a few years

with shareaza, soulseek, etc. it is necessary to search their networks multiple times (throughout the day as well) for more/additional users/files - soulseek: after a while you'll notice some 'gold mines' (contents-wise & speed-wise), users that are 'worthy' of being added as favorites and monitored for old/new music files (they have to be online to be browse-able), some may even have complete lists of their music collection for trading, while visibly sharing only a part of it

but i download 10-15 the same song because 90% is bad quality :(

use scene releases (check their nuke status) or OCH releases/albums by trusted uploaders (and/or from trusted sites) - you'll have very good up to excellent chances of getting high quality music in the mp3 format (with only 1 download ;) ), for top quality use FLAC & co. (and better audio equipment)

generally, it doesn't really matter which program or network you use (though by using popular ones the chances of getting the files you want is higher from the start), the key is getting/finding good/trusted sources, especially if your music taste is focused on a particular genre

anon
26.02.11, 18:24
Anyone ever tried Filetopia? :unsure:

Blocker
26.02.11, 18:37
FrostWire is a great option in my opinion!

BrianBosworth
26.02.11, 20:14

anon, that was truly a blast from the past. Filetopia doesn't return many search results anymore. I have always liked the program, but now I just keep it for a historical reference. Another program that I rarely hear about is Hotline Connect. It was one of the best kept secrets in the p2p world back in the day. It doesn't work on 64 bit OS, but it still works on 32 bit. Several underground servers have been added to it according to a couple of blogs.

anon
26.02.11, 20:18
I see. I tried for a while when I was looking for solutions to evade my ISP's traffic shaping (encryption), but yes... it was pretty hit and miss. Files would have few sources and slow speeds and often suddenly stopped downloading.

Hotline got a little mention right in this forum, with a tutorial on how to get it working:
http://www.sb-innovation.de/showthread.php?threadid=14614

Another old jewel that's supposed to still run with the right thingies is WinMX.

The Shutter
28.02.11, 15:59
try emule or limewire or maybe some direct links website like warez-bb.org

Resurrection
01.03.11, 03:58
try emule or limewire or maybe some direct links website like warez-bb.org

Really? limewire? which version?

MiCRON
01.03.11, 04:56
Limewire's dead, right?

I mainly use torrents, soulseek and irc when looking for music. Then there's emule, dc, and even warez boards/blogs sometimes too.

Resurrection
01.03.11, 04:57
Yes ofcourse its dead...Didn't your sarcasm detector twitch when you read my comment?

lemongreentea
01.03.11, 16:00

Never heard about it till now. This could very likely become one of the best sharing applications due to the encryption tehniques it has.

OP: I've used Ares and Soulseek some time now and I'm very satisfied with it.

anon
01.03.11, 16:59
Never heard about it till now. This could very likely become one of the best sharing applications due to the encryption tehniques it has.

I thought the same until I tried it. :wgrin:

lemongreentea
01.03.11, 17:32
I thought the same until I tried it. :wgrin:

I know what you mean. :wdabs:

The Shutter
02.03.11, 07:37
Really? limewire? which version?

The Deceased Version :tongue:

Limewire's dead, right?

I mainly use torrents, soulseek and irc when looking for music. Then there's emule, dc, and even warez boards/blogs sometimes too.

Yes ofcourse its dead...Didn't your sarcasm detector twitch when you read my comment?

Didn't Check out the site until you said , i was using it for a while but still using emule .

starforce
02.03.11, 08:47
Soulseek this well be me no one Choice for music
regards
starforce

Joonm
05.03.11, 06:20
I use Ares and i am satisfie whit that program , you can try it :)

SealLion
05.03.11, 10:12
I use Ares and i am satisfie whit that program , you can try it :)

Hi neXt. Your banned.

SaintShaolin
05.03.11, 10:27
I also stand by Ares.

You can also try Limewire Pirate Edition with its butt-ugly UI (I prefer the Limewire 4 UI),
but Ares usually gives faster and cleaner/better results.

DudeWithPants
02.05.11, 15:14
the best on is the new mulve , thepirate app . I can find everything there and with great speed

ppttp
07.05.11, 02:27
In my less youthful days, I used to heavily invest in obscure music. DC++ and SoulSeek were king for the absolute cream of the crap (the artists were obscure for a reason right? lol!) who've released material in tapes and CD-Rs in quantities less than 100 copies worldwide. A word of advice for those who are just starting to get into stuff like that...They are both still good programs and, in 4-5 years, a lot of the stuff you download now will no longer be available in the future. How the hell am I supposed to find the Inner Helvete tape limited to 5 copies that I sent to friends over SoulSeek back in '06 nowadays? Or how was I supposed to know that Metazmazina album I ripped and lost would be impossible to find now? Sucks and there will be more names added to an already large and growing list.

Unregistered342423
30.06.11, 19:14
I use frostwire but its gotten really bad. I use filehosts and torrents for albums now. Need something good recommend something?

juniper
18.07.11, 20:55
I used to use ares, and then started using utorrent, as emule took wayy to long.
Can someone tell me best prog. to use for music download/searching? thanks peeps:tongue:

Grooveshark + groovedown. Unbeatable combination.

fuzzy
23.07.11, 16:28
I remember the good old days. I used to try a lot of different p2p software. Most of them worked pretty well.
Oooh: eMule, Ares, Limewire/FrostWire, Kazaa, Shareaza, Bearshare, iMesh, Morpheus
Now i just use the torrent to download albums and combine it with JDownloader to help with rapidshare-type link from more obscure forums.

juniper
24.07.11, 08:39
I miss Napster.

anon
24.07.11, 19:13
The tools we have today are a thousand times better than Napster.

Does that take the good memories away? Of course not.

fuzzy
24.07.11, 22:20
The tools are better but the law is getting worse. I do hope I'll get to see an open web in my lifetime.

CosaNostra
30.06.13, 17:03
spotify ;) It's using p2p technologies.

anon
01.07.13, 22:29
Not really related to the topic, but Groovedown is broken, so until the coders release an update, here's a hacked version I made that should work while the old interface is still available.

Changelog
Changed pointers to grooveshark.com to retro.grooveshark.com
Fixed "Refer" header
Updated the pool of random User-Agents the program uses

Download

https://anonfiles.com/file/9942325b1fdb44587371512ec0d87094

piratemeister
02.07.13, 08:54
Anon will spy our downloads :S

I still use torrents for anything, even for music :P

anon
02.07.13, 14:41
Anon will spy our downloads :S

Uh... no he won't :unsure:

piratemeister
02.07.13, 15:31
Uh... no he won't :unsure:

Yes I'm back to stop him!!

ArielJT
09.08.13, 23:18
I see that groovedown.me is still up and running with ver 0.8. how does it compare to the one anon made?

anon
10.08.13, 04:06
They must not have entirely updated their site, as the latest version is 0.9. That one is broken as of this writing, since Grooveshark recently introduced a new interface which is different enough under the hood to make the program fail. The "patch" I made should work until they remove the old UI currently available at retro.grooveshark.com is either removed or relocated.

anon
17.08.13, 06:14
GrooveDown v0.9 andando (fixed by me!) | Caleta - Tu Sitio de Descargas (http://www.caleta.fm/downloads/groovedown-v0-9-andando-fixed-by-me/)

That guy made a patch for the program too. He used a different method (different credential) which should last longer than my workaround.

Apparently Groovedown's current developer(s) can no longer maintain the project, and they're looking for other people that could take over it.

The Shutter
17.08.13, 08:16
GrooveDown v0.9 andando (fixed by me!) | Caleta - Tu Sitio de Descargas (http://www.caleta.fm/downloads/groovedown-v0-9-andando-fixed-by-me/)

That guy made a patch for the program too. He used a different method (different credential) which should last longer than my workaround.

Apparently Groovedown's current developer(s) can no longer maintain the project, and they're looking for other people that could take over it.

this one crashes a lot

Error 1 :

Something failed while downloading:
<class java.io.FileNotFoundException>: http://stream128b-he.grooveshark.com/stream.php

Error 2 :

Could not perform search. Fault occured: groovedown.grooveshark.json.method.ResultsFromSear ch$Response@1b22b89