PDA

View Full Version : What the hell happened to Rapidshare?

anon
27.09.10, 16:28
I hope some of you can tell me what's up with that "the Anti-Waiting Company" crap, and what the really important changes they attempt to disguise with the total facelift are. :unsure:

yoco
27.09.10, 16:41
Well all I can say is that RS isn't on my favorite list for some time now! They really suck! Using Megaupload, better speeds and everything!

Sc0bysnack
27.09.10, 16:41
let's hope they are increasing the daily download limit ....

Instab
27.09.10, 19:38
Megaupload, better speeds and everything!

on RS i can get 100mbit with one single connection. so MU has even better speeds?

anon
27.09.10, 20:49
on RS i can get 100mbit with one single connection.

As a free user? :geek:

For me, Megaupload's speeds always beat Rapidshare's.

BrianBosworth
27.09.10, 20:59
I hope some of you can tell me what's up with that "the Anti-Waiting Company" crap, and what the really important changes they attempt to disguise with the total facelift are. :unsure:

I think they are trying to regain some of their userbase back. Though not implemented yet, they are going to have a system in which free users can shorten their wait times by playing games on the site and modifications have been made to the price structure for subscription users.

RapidShare has completely redesigned its website and is taking off with numerous new features. After we kept the website simple and functional for years, from now on, our users will be met by a youthful and modern design. This is reflected on one hand by a visually attractive user interface. On the other, we have designed the website pages and content to be much better arranged and user friendly, and in addition, we have integrated a few new functions.

The most striking innovation has to be the introduction of RapidShare as an Anti-Waiting Company. What is behind this? Quite simply, it is the thought that waiting sucks, whether it lasts for a minute or half an hour. RapidShare wants to do something about this and has imagined something special for all its users: in the Anti-Waiting Lounge, users from now on can sweeten their waiting time and test themselves on various online games. We brought the old classic Cosmic Defender back to life for the launch of the Lounge. This will soon be followed by other cult games.

As an additional feature of the website, we are currently testing an application called RapidContact, thanks to which our users all around the world can come into contact with each other, get to know each other and communicate with each other. More information about this will be available in the coming weeks. We want to test the functionalities with selected users in a beta version first and work on the further development of the application with them.

An adjustment has also been made to our price structure. Following the introduction of RapidPro in July, we took three months to observe and evaluate the response of our users. The result: the prepaid model with the purchase of Rapids was overwhelmingly well received. However, many customers have expressed the wish that, when they purchase RapidPro, they should have a larger amount of disc space and traffic available to them than is the case at the moment. We are now making this wish come true: From this point on, every RapidPro user will receive five times the amount of disc space and traffic, i.e. 50 GB of storage and 150 GB of traffic every 30 days.
The costs are of course changing accordingly: 30 days of RapidPro now cost 495 Rapids. The smallest Rapid Package has 500 Rapids and costs 5.99 Euros. In addition, packages with 1,000, 2,000, 6,000 and 20,000 Rapids are available. Whoever activates RapidPro directly for 12 months receives the 12 months at the special price of 5,499 Rapids and is given VIP status. VIP customers will be favoured in future beta tests and receive invitation codes for RapidContact. As before, users can purchase additional traffic quotas on top of this, in 100 GB slices. 100 GB are charged per 280 Rapids.

We hope all our users will enjoy exploring the new RapidShare website.

system28
27.09.10, 21:02
anon,
Why you are using RS as a "Free User"?

anon
27.09.10, 21:03
Why are you complaining? There's more traffic left for you and the others. :naughty:

system28
27.09.10, 21:16
Hehe...you are so kind to us! :txtloves:

But: Me is complaining?

You wrote "the Anti-Waiting Company"-crap? :wthink:

anon
27.09.10, 21:17
Well, that's obviously crap. Rapidshare and anti-waiting are opposites. At least until now. :lol:

hellman
27.09.10, 21:45
Anon use filestube.com to search for files always... The end... The best solution.

anon
27.09.10, 21:47
Is that hellman ending a sentence with a full stop?

Damn, the world is crazy nowadays.

system28
27.09.10, 22:07
This Thread is getting funny!

Instab
27.09.10, 22:34
Why are you complaining? There's more traffic left for you and the others. :naughty:

hehe, there's more than enough traffic for all. don't be shy :D

tokiodrift1
27.09.10, 22:35
RS is going to loose a lot of custoomers, if they're keep running their policies.

dunkendonuts
27.09.10, 22:45
Aren't torrents generally faster, I know I can download a cd in like 5 minutes at max speed so :p

tokiodrift1
27.09.10, 22:52
it depends on your connection and the tracker you're using.

system28
27.09.10, 22:53
If you are using "Premium Account" you also have fast Speeds!

dunkendonuts
27.09.10, 23:07
Yeah but the only reason I haven't shelled out for a premium account is simply because I don't wanna futz with paypal. I'd rather torrent that deal with them.

anon
28.09.10, 01:31
If you are using "Premium Account" you also have fast Speeds!

Depending on how good routing to your country is, you may have to use MSD to hit those.

desodorante
28.09.10, 02:12
Wow that's a huge change for RS! I guess they think they can make more money out of that business plan than what they do now.
Frankly I do not see the point behind such changes. I hardly use web hosts, to me they are too much trouble to go through.
I guess that only time will tell what will happen, but one thing is for sure: someone will take RS's place and RS will never get back to be what it used to be.

slikrapid
28.09.10, 03:36
rapidshare has already lost a lot of popularity with their limits, seems like the balance has shifted more towards hotfile/fileserve & co.

An adjustment has also been made to our price structure. Following the introduction of RapidPro in July, we took three months to observe and evaluate the response of our users. The result: the prepaid model with the purchase of Rapids was overwhelmingly well received. However, many customers have expressed the wish that, when they purchase RapidPro, they should have a larger amount of disc space and traffic available to them than is the case at the moment. We are now making this wish come true: From this point on, every RapidPro user will receive five times the amount of disc space and traffic, i.e. 50 GB of storage and 150 GB of traffic every 30 days.
The costs are of course changing accordingly: 30 days of RapidPro now cost 495 Rapids. The smallest Rapid Package has 500 Rapids and costs 5.99 Euros. In addition, packages with 1,000, 2,000, 6,000 and 20,000 Rapids are available. Whoever activates RapidPro directly for 12 months receives the 12 months at the special price of 5,499 Rapids and is given VIP status. VIP customers will be favoured in future beta tests and receive invitation codes for RapidContact. As before, users can purchase additional traffic quotas on top of this, in 100 GB slices. 100 GB are charged per 280 Rapids.

the first trick is increasing the minimum package as afaik
previous minimum was 4,99€ for 400 rapids (~140GB per month max)
now: 5,99€ for 500 rapids (150GB per month max)

another trick may be here if thats the minimum amount, as previous was 5 GB (14 rapids):

users can purchase additional traffic quotas on top of this, in 100 GB slices. 100 GB are charged per 280 Rapids.

also, the waiting becomes waiting while playing revenue-making games

Owyn
28.09.10, 17:20
why don't you use mediafire and use all that crap like RS? :P

+who the hell buys premium accounts on internet? you must be crazy ^_^

and yes fileshare services only needed to get small rare files, rest can be found in torrents

anon
28.09.10, 19:30
why don't you use mediafire and use all that crap like RS? :P

I sympathize with that view, but if everyone dropped Rapidshare right now and began using Mediafire, MF would eventually have to impose limitations, either out of greed or simply because of the extremely high load. :gdabs:

L33ch3r
30.09.10, 20:21
Rapidshare's biggest mistake was getting rid of incentives for uploaders. Nobody appears to be uploading new material to rapidshare and eventually all the old material will disappear as accounts expire. Without new material to download, there's really no reason to have an account there. They also keep changing their pricing model constantly. Last month a basic pro account cost 99 rapids. Next month that will cost 495. The download limit is higher, but without any new content it's not of much use, and certainly not worth the extra cost. I know they were under pressure from various anti-p2p organizations, but it's still hard to believe that they'd shoot themselves in the foot the way they have. I'll keep using my account until my rapids expire, but once they're gone I have no intention of renewing unless they make some drastic positive changes.

Lucian
02.10.10, 12:22
I hate all this new changes, liked it better with the old style.

Instab
02.10.10, 19:27
I hate all this new changes, liked it better with the old style.

care to elaborate?

hellman
04.10.10, 20:06
care to elaborate?

i think he means when rapidshare was not crap... did'nt have things like ait 2 minutes lot of users are downloading files n all and they've stopped giving points for downloads n all

Vation
04.10.10, 20:11
This article on FSF and it's comments covers The Fall of Rapidshare story:
RapidShare Links Vanish on Blogs, Warez Forums | THE source for BitTorrent & P2P Tips, Tricks and Info. | FileShareFreak (http://filesharefreak.com/2010/07/10/rapidshare-links-vanish-on-blogs-warez-forums/)

szaman
31.10.10, 05:40
Ye rapidshareare now shit as hell, the only plus i can see is good for small files max 300 mb.

lezahar
31.03.11, 05:06
I agree with you, it is bothering me too, but i keep using it b/c of the content that i download is alot in rapidshare, but next after rapidshare is fileserve handsdown and megaupload!

anon
15.06.11, 19:34
Rapidshare, the "anti-waiting company", now makes you wait five minutes before starting a download, and 1-2 hours between files. :stupid:

SealLion
15.06.11, 21:53
Rapidshare, the "anti-waiting company", now makes you wait five minutes before starting a download, and 1-2 hours between files. :stupid:

I know. It's totally retarded.

Mind you, I still like RS b/c it doesn't have the capthas that other sites have if you don't have an account there either. That's probably one of the positive aspects of RS. Sites like HF and others have this thing which is annoying b/c if your near your machine and doing something else that requires your attention (typing for example) and the damn captcha shows up, your typing shows up inside the captcha- box, for example.

Or it just plain takes you away from your attention from something else even if using JD.

It's DAMN ANNOYING!!

Instab
15.06.11, 23:12
when it comes to speed RS still is the king. too bad nobody is uploading there anymore

Owyn
15.06.11, 23:34
when it comes to speed RS still is the king. too bad nobody is uploading there anymore

cuz there is mediafire and others

Instab
16.06.11, 05:39
cuz there is mediafire and others

hehe, no, because they don't pay anymore :P
check out the major forums and blogs, people only use those hosters who pay well.

Resurrection
16.06.11, 06:07

What is an OCH master doing amongst the peasants?I thought you had all the premium accounts at your fingertips...

I agree with Owyn.Although it may not be as popular as I'd like it to be, mediafire is hassle free and certainly gives great speed.I won't crown RS the king unless Megaupload and Mediafire go dead.Both of them top out speeds whatever bandwidth I'm using.

anon
16.06.11, 20:33
What is an OCH master doing amongst the peasants?I thought you had all the premium accounts at your fingertips...

In Rapidshare's case, my non-Premium usage stems from a combination of altruism and laziness.

Instab
16.06.11, 22:15
I agree with Owyn.Although it may not be as popular as I'd like it to be, mediafire is hassle free and certainly gives great speed.I won't crown RS the king unless Megaupload and Mediafire go dead.Both of them top out speeds whatever bandwidth I'm using.

nobody upps on mediafire :P

GymTanAndLaundry
20.06.11, 01:42
nobody upps on mediafire :P

Mediafire are just delete button happy... unless your upload is legal and gets a shit ton of regular hits.

Megaupload ftw. You can have files that havent seen a download in years and they'll still be up... fast speeds too with a free "members account". Don't really see a need to upgrade to premium with them, it's that good.

Instab
20.06.11, 23:46
Megaupload ftw. You can have files that havent seen a download in years and they'll still be up... fast speeds too with a free "members account". Don't really see a need to upgrade to premium with them, it's that good.

i can second that. the problem is that it's not used by the uploaders on the major sites

GymTanAndLaundry
21.06.11, 00:52
i can second that. the problem is that it's not used by the uploaders on the major sites

Yeah.. probably because megaupload scan your uploads for warez when people are looking to cash in a megaupload reward and if they find you have warez, they don't pay out to you. People rather use a site where their files aren't going to be checked for warez so they are guaranteed money for their time and effort in uploading.

Instab
23.06.11, 01:54
Yeah.. probably because megaupload scan your uploads for warez when people are looking to cash in a megaupload reward and if they find you have warez, they don't pay out to you. People rather use a site where their files aren't going to be checked for warez so they are guaranteed money for their time and effort in uploading.

check out the major forums and blogs, people only use those hosters who pay well.

:D