PDA

View Full Version : Anybody believe in Reincarnation?

topseeder
21.09.10, 05:39
Anybody believe in Reincarnation?
if you believe, do u you your past live?

saebrtooth
21.09.10, 05:51
if you believe, do u you your past live?

what do u mean here: "do u you your past live?"

seldom
21.09.10, 05:55
what do u mean here: "do u you your past live?"

Do u remember your past life? :)

topseeder
21.09.10, 07:47
i don't know my past life. but i really want to know.

saebrtooth
21.09.10, 13:38
Some ppl can know their past life through meditation or you can seek a fortune teller but not everyone has the ability to see past lives.

There have been occasions where under hypnosis people were able to know of their own past lives.

anon
21.09.10, 18:58
I remember that in my past life we only needed 5 posts to be able to send PMs. :happy:

Darth
21.09.10, 23:38

Nope, there's nothing like reincarnation!
There's nothing like souls, or Gods or Heavens or Hells! Religions, it's all a product of someone's fantasy.
It's all brain chemistry, the storm of electricity in your neuronic net.

But wait, there's one hell, the one we humans create for ourselves!

slikrapid
22.09.10, 01:24
Nope, there's nothing like reincarnation!
There's nothing like souls, or Gods or Heavens or Hells!

says the expert :rolleyes:

i'd say that reincarnation is a quite convincing view concerning questions like what happens after this life, the meaning of life and the way the world works/operates

as for the ability to access past lives, assuming its validity, there is no inherent reason why anyone wouldn't be able to do it, it could be compared to other human activities - everyone has the necessary 'tools' (the mind) but the actual outcome/performance depends on one's level of knowledge and skill needed to do it

Dynamic
22.09.10, 06:32
Life after death...Depending on your religious belief. I personally think there has to be something because all of the suffering on this earth cannot be the end. I am not saying like heaven or anything just that there has to be something else.

Also, being able to remember your past life would make you very happy or very sad...You could have been a saint or a murderer.

I don't know if I would want to remember...sometimes ignorance is bliss.

Since we are on this topic what is the meaning of life?!!!

slikrapid
24.09.10, 04:51
Life after death...I personally think there has to be something because all of the suffering on this earth cannot be the end.

it makes sense that there is more, as our science has no answers regarding our consciousness (no explanations based on how does it emerge or where does it go, or how come it drives the whole physical body engine, genetics has no answers there either), assuming that it just appears from out of nowhere and after the living cycle disappears into the nothingness would be called ignorance - it is more logical that the consciousness as already existing somehow inhabits (attaches itself) and takes control over the body until the body wears out and looses functionality, after which the consciousness detaches itself from the body and moves on elsewhere (quite possibly as it did before, to another body)

I don't know if I would want to remember...sometimes ignorance is bliss.

i'd go so far as to say that ignorance is never a bliss, for how can a state of being imperfect (in the sense of knowing) as opposed to being more perfect (knowing more or better or being more insightful) be called a bliss, thus implying a perfect state of existence (if even a temporary/limited one)

what is the meaning of life?

let me try tackle this one...
imo life is sort of a seemingly limited interactive unique personal experience in which one can to a certain extent (physical limitations, external influence, subconscious force) choose how to proceed with it, which direction to take and which elements to focus or prioritize - since most of these possibilities and their outcomes may rather easily be contemplated as there is enough information around to be able to roughly predict or rationally explain the future developments and somewhat less the end results - it seems more important to try to find out answers to more pertinent/essential/elusive questions of basic existence, a goal to find out who you are (who one is) and what this world around you is all about, actually i would even go further to say that these are the most profound/essential goals one could pursue in his lifetime

now, one may have noticed how nowadays we live in a materialistic orientated world of molded human lives reduced to performing reiterative socially learned tasks that work in a mind-numbing and addictive way suppressing the freedom of the human being, keeping him busy and intoxicated with a false sense of happiness, denigrating free thought or non-conformist views, steering the freewill into artificially predefined socially acceptable set of choices - the same could be said when considering the exploration of one's spirituality, which just as any other human activity is a largely individual pursuit or mostly of individual importance - what we have is again a predefined set of religions to choose from, even though many of them have no substantial/believable answers to the most basic questions, even worse, they use dogmas to avoid questioning or doubt (a practice that has been translated towards the scientific arena) - these developments are quite certain not only to provide inadequate answers, but also to further obscure the subject of 'the meaning of life'

so in conclusion, imo the meaning of life is to experience it, to contemplate it, to deepen one's understanding of it (of one's own existence and that of the world and related connections/mechanisms), to search for one's true self and in the process grow mentally & spiritually, which would finally, considering the implications of reincarnation, allow one (or tend to or draw to) to reach a state of super-consciousness in which no questions are left unanswered, no goals left to pursue (no further reincarnations needed), thus reaching a totality of everything (experience/knowledge/spirituality/...) equaling the void of nothingness in this infinite singularity

shadowww
24.09.10, 20:58
Life after death...Depending on your religious belief.
So you say wishful thinking / beliefs of individuaa determents its afterlife experience? Thats utterly ridiculous.[/QUOTE]

Since we are on this topic what is the meaning of life?!!!
Huh. You don't really expect an answer to that, don't you? You know... people contemplate on such stuff since... very long time. :biggrin:

Well, lets just see what smarter people then me have to say (had to say, RIP both) on such subject... Since this is what I mostly incline to and what reflects mine opinions well:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ERbvKrH-GC4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMUiwTubYu0

Good old youtube never dissapoints heh. Man, what would I do without it?! :biggrin:

Alright, me now: The meaning of life is *drumroll* there for each individual to set one for himself. There is (thankfully actually) no ultimate absolute meaning in it. Give it a meaning yourself, just do whatever makes you happy, where your highest joy is, what your dreams are.
I also like to contemplate about idea that life we live now is somehow surreal dream-like. Can't elaborate much on it as I'm still thinking it through. :D

About religions, and beliefs of other people: I don't belive anything that doesn't make sense to me, ie. doesn't have solid basis for being true. Basically problem with beliefs that I have is they can be true or false. So I don't like them at all. I want to know, not to belive (religious fanatism where ppl are convinced into "knowing" sth doesn't work for me).

So how would I rationalize, say, God? Like this: he/she/it may exist or may not. If he exists he obiviously have no impact whatsoever on my life or life on Earth in general so why should I bother much does he exist at all? I'd like to know of course, but I can just evaluate belives of others, and build my opinions upon it... And not let any belives regarding God influence/impact my flow of life.

So, What do I belive? I belive that tommorow will sun rise up again. Why? Because it is setting and rising from the beginning of Earth. I have quite solid base for my belief. Don't I?

Just my thoughts and ramblings, take everything with dose of reserve of course.

btw. nice peace of text slikrapid, you write as a true scholar, man. :biggrin: Your first paragraph (about life after death) is kind of long shot, but I tend to agree with other paragraphs more or less.

Oh almost forget, I like to look at life as one hell of a good, hardcore MMORPG. There is this "gamer" note in me that yells that I didn't mention that in my post, hehe.

hellman
25.09.10, 14:36
well i do believe... but dunno about past life n not even interested coz present rocks (reason-chicks {kidding})

i bet anon was the 1st stonage s**t computer made by charles babbage :lool:

darkSoldier
14.10.10, 06:25
Nope. You live, you die, you're worm food.

The good news is you get to (try to) be whatever you want in THIS life.

So don't waste your life worrying about what "comes next"! JMHO.

markie88
15.10.10, 21:55
There's no such thing as reincarnation, but believe in whatever makes you happy.

saebrtooth
16.10.10, 01:52
so if drugs can makes someone happy then do it? :biggrin:
how about getting quick money by robbing a bank, maybe it makes some sad but it makes criminals happy? :biggrin:

Dagon
19.10.10, 18:29
i am the incarnation of god. I have the power to rule the world but i have to learn first to use this power.

and i have the power to summon angels.

Mfg Dagon

Delta-38
19.10.10, 20:59
Actually I do... But I believe that I will go to hell :P
I really deserve that :D
My girlfriend (soon maybe ex) always tries to convince of of her religion(she is muslim), and she wants me to change it or she won't marry me.
Ok, I love her, but sorry I don't believe in that crap or any books.
I believe only in god and I believe that I will go to hell^^

donkeykong
22.10.10, 23:05
I personally don't believe in reincarnation but if there is such a thing, I'm pretty sure I was a koala in my past life, I can totally relate to their laziness

szaman
31.10.10, 05:21
don't waste your time and life worrying about what comes next. You live, you die and that's it. Ofcourse IMO

lomu123
25.12.10, 23:30
nope and to be quite honest i am not sure i would like to go through it all again