PDA

View Full Version : release date for GTA 4

zatoicchi
26.01.08, 11:10
This spring, Rockstar Games will do it again.

On April 29, the controversial video game publisher will release the long-awaited fourth installment of its best-known, and most popular, video game, "Grand Theft Auto IV."
"We are so excited to be releasing 'Grand Theft Auto IV,'" Sam Houser, founder and executive producer of Rockstar Games, said in a statement. "We've pushed ourselves very hard to make something incredible, and hope the game sets a new benchmark for interactive entertainment."

The game will be available on both the Xbox 360 and PlayStation3, and Amazon.com is already accepting pre-orders.

In the past, both Rockstar and the developer behind it, Take-Two, have been blasted for violent and sexually explicit content in the game. In 2005, critics took issue with a "secret" sex scene in "Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas," that was easily unlocked by gamers. Ultimately, the Entertainment Software Rating Board changed the game's rating from Mature to Adults Only.

Most stores refuse to carry games with an Adults Only rating.

The rating for the latest "Grand Theft Auto" game is still being determined, according to Rockstar's Web site.

The game isn't the only one of Take-Two's franchises to be criticized over violent content.

In 2007, the violent imagery of "Manhunt 2," which chronicles the ultraviolent killing rampage of an escaped sociopath from a mental hospital, stirred worldwide controversy.

When the original version was tagged with an Adults Only rating, Take-Two blurred out the more violent images in the game, to achieve a less restrictive, more consumer-friendly Mature rating.

Despite the company's effort, Target refused to carry the game, because the blurred images were still hacakable on a version of the game played on the PlayStation Portable.

The ESRB, however, allowed "Manhunt 2" to keep its M rating.

ABC News: 'Grand Theft Auto' Back This Spring (http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/GadgetGuide/story?id=4184736)

Arkanun
06.02.08, 05:11
this game is crazy!! i cant wait more!

Yahron
08.02.08, 19:21
i cant wait till the release! its going to be so fun to play :)

CakeMix
22.02.08, 01:18
I just hope they don't push the release date back again...

inhame
22.02.08, 04:40
I just hope they don't push the release date back again...

Me too, i want to play this game as soon as possible ^^

badend
29.02.08, 17:19
i hope the frame count issues are resolved, all of the trailers for it kept highlighting this flaw. other than that, it should be sweet.

takomania
21.04.08, 20:35
one week to go - it's going to be amazing!

gta4.net

hitman
21.04.08, 20:47
one week to go - it's going to be amazing!

gta4.net

yes it will be one of the highlights this year i cant waiting anymore:top:

i have a preorder for the xbox 360 version with 500 ms points as a gift.

zatoicchi
29.04.08, 12:11
Grand Theft Auto receives acclaim

Highly-anticipated video game Grand Theft Auto (GTA) IV has received a string of near-perfect reviews ahead of its worldwide release on Tuesday.

The game is expected to break records for the fastest-selling game of all time and many shops are opening their doors at midnight for gamers.

The game has been classified as 18 in the UK and Mature for US gamers.

In the US, regulators have reminded parents that the title is not designed for children under 17 years old.

In a joint statement the ESRB and the National Institute on Media and the Family urged parents to check ratings on games for their children.

It said: "With the latest installment of the Grand Theft Auto series... parents need to be reminded to make sure their kids are playing games appropriate for their age and level of maturity.

"It is critical that parents consider the assigned rating carefully."

GTAIV Rockstar Games
GTA IV is set in a fictional New York

The GTA series has proved incredibly popular and almost equally controversial in the last few years.

More than 70 million copies of the franchise's titles have been sold worldwide but the series has also been criticised for glorifying violence.

In 2005 the developers Rockstar were criticised after hackers found a way to play a normally inaccessible sex "mini-game" inside the title Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas.

The mini-game, dubbed Hot Coffee, was never designed to be played by gamers but was unlocked by hackers.

Controversy over Hot Coffee resulted in the title being re-rated in the US for adults only, and games being withdrawn from sale so that stickers with the new rating could be applied.

Reviews for Grand Theft Auto IV have been unanimous in their praise.

UK-based games website Eurogamer called it "game of the year" and handed it a 10 out of 10 review score, while the New York Times said it delivered a "new level of depth for an interactive entertainment experience".

BBC NEWS | Technology | Grand Theft Auto receives acclaim (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/7370590.stm)

cutthroat1855
30.04.08, 10:35
is there gona be a pc release ? or only xbox :|

hitman
30.04.08, 13:50
is there gona be a pc release ? or only xbox :|

pc release is planed for november i think

filenetworks
11.06.08, 20:41
I think PC release is still not confirmed. However so GTA titles have been released for the PC after 6 months from console release.

anon
11.06.08, 21:19
pc release is planed for november i think

mediadefender and its fake files will have a field day... :mad2:

Pyratheon
06.07.08, 19:48
I think PC release is still not confirmed.

You are correct. The PC release date is not confirmed yet.

Aurion
07.07.08, 18:34
2nd & 3nd series was shitty (IMO) so this one is expected to compensate me :tongue: