PDA

View Full Version : Blue or Red pill

Epilow
31.08.10, 18:44
A little silly poll to those who have seen the movie "Matrix" :rolling_eyes:.
As you know, he is given a choice:

1: Take the Red pill and the truth will be shown, showing him what exactly what the Matrix really is.

2: Take the Blue pill and everything will go back to normal, going on with his life.

Which one would you choose if you had to make the same choice (Not knowing what Matrix is at that time) and why?

I would personally choose the blue pill as I like my life the way it is :top:.

slikrapid
31.08.10, 19:50
the red pill of course - by living in a delusion you are living a shallow/close-minded life, depriving yourself of the possibility of finding deeper meaning/understanding of it, ie. the limits of the delusion will be the limits of your understanding

on the other hand, the choice between only two options is a fake/artificial one in the first place, a dialectic(s) trap if you will - there are infinite number of choices: its like black/white (whereas there are infinite shades of gray in between and a whole other spectrum outside), right/left (politics), good/evil, right/wrong, with us/against us, 0/1 (artificial binary constraint),...

finally, its up to you and your freewill to choose the option you want or think of as the most suitable for your goals

spyraliz
31.08.10, 20:38
Pretty interesting what slikrapid said, and i agree with him.
I will take the red pill too, for the simple reason of curiosity, we're beings in search of meaning, in the search of truth. We're always trying to look far beyond, giving our life a better understanding, discovering ourselves. But the question here is would you take the red pill (in this case Morpheo's reality) and see what Morpheo sees, awake from your dream just to take place in Morpheo's dream, as we know Morpheo is the god of dreams, the god of realities. Or would you take the blue pill and see what you have always see, and do what you have always do, and stay in your own simple reality?

hellman
31.08.10, 20:54
i'll take the blue pill coz i'm happy with my current life and i have everything that i need :happy:

anon
31.08.10, 21:07
Red. Couldn't stand thinking I willingly chose to live in a fake world when "real" reality is out there. :gmellow:

I hope you can access SB-I on the Matrix, of course. :gtongue:

hellman
31.08.10, 21:11
Red

as expected :shifty:

Epilow
31.08.10, 21:51
Red. Couldn't stand thinking I willingly chose to live in a fake world when "real" reality is out there. :gmellow:

Then again, they said in the movie that if you choose the blue pill, you won't remember anything that had happened, so you wouldn't know what you could have chosen or not :D.

spyraliz
31.08.10, 23:25

Maybe you are right but, the choice here is not between an illusionary world or the real world, but between realities. As quoted from the movie "This is your last chance, after this there is no turning back. You take the blue pill, the story ends you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red pill, you stay in wonderland and i show you how deep the rabbit hole goes." My point is that you cant never know wich world is real.

anon
31.08.10, 23:29
Yeah, but in the movie the blue pill left you on a "reality" that was actually some sort of VR world created by the machines. I'm assuming it's the same here, and that I'm aware of this before making the choice. :gtongue:

yoco
31.08.10, 23:34
the red pill of course - by living in a delusion you are living a shallow/close-minded life, depriving yourself of the possibility of finding deeper meaning/understanding of it, ie. the limits of the delusion will be the limits of your understanding

on the other hand, the choice between only two options is a fake/artificial one in the first place, a dialectic(s) trap if you will - there are infinite number of choices: its like black/white (whereas there are infinite shades of gray in between and a whole other spectrum outside), right/left (politics), good/evil, right/wrong, with us/against us, 0/1 (artificial binary constraint),...

finally, its up to you and your freewill to choose the option you want or think of as the most suitable for your goals

What he said :D

slikrapid
01.09.10, 00:46
As quoted from the movie "This is your last chance, after this there is no turning back.

even though there was a way back, either by temporary plugging into it while aware of the illusion (the 'rebels') or by returning to a 'fully' unaware plugged state (option given to Cypher as a reward)

My point is that you cant never know wich world is real.

perhaps, but you can surely know which one is the (essentially) lesser reality (VR or 'reality' within a reality)

desodorante
01.09.10, 15:53
Red Pill.
By definition a virtual world has limitations, as it depends on a structure limited to the equipment powering it, while the real world has infinite possibilities.
Of course that it means squad in real life, where limitations are imposed by a cultural system, but at least they are not the structure of life itself.

LiD3
03.09.10, 12:51
The real question is, which pill did Morpheus's daughter took? :D