PDA

View Full Version : New Xbox 360 Slim / S Hacked To Run Writable Discs

yoco
17.08.10, 10:18
Modding the Xbox 360 firmware has been around for quite some time now which enables you to download images of games from different sources, burn them onto a DVD and run them on your console. Of course this is useful if you want to backup your discs but this is something Microsoft doesn’t want you to do for obvious reasons. The all new Xbox 360 Slim (or S) which was released in June 2010 at E3 had a new protection installed on the drive which made all the previous mods useless. But if this video is to be believed, hackers have managed to hack Xbox 360 S / Slim to run writable discs. Video after the break.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BbRvrwWoSJY&feature=player_embedded

Hack / Mod New Xbox 360 Slim (S) To Run Writable (Pirated) Discs [Video] | Redmond Pie (http://www.redmondpie.com/hack-xbox-360-slim-s-mod-for-pirate-games-video/)

:klatsch_3::top:

CS Curse
17.08.10, 10:41
Hmm, it becomes tempting to buy an Xbox:). I have a ps3, but unfortunately it's not hacked yet.

yoco
17.08.10, 12:19
I know what you mean. I'm all over PS3, but since it's not hacked yet, I'm gonna buy this slim version :D

naughtydog
17.08.10, 12:53
yoco im not sure the ps3 hacked will still attract you in any way if it is not a "load iso" hack. Think about downloading 50gigs worth of something and buying an empty blu ray disk for about 25 bucks, a blu ray burner nearly 150bucks before you can get a working backup. You could get a used game far less than this for a ps3 imho. I think that's why ps3 remains unhacked and will be for a long time until u can load isos off a hard disk to play backups.

shoulder
17.08.10, 13:34
That really depends on how advanced the PS3 hack will ever be.
Just cause a game ISO of the PS3 may be ~40GB or whatever that doesn't mean that all is actual game data. Given the fact the same game fits on a DL DVD for XBox360 (Multi Console Games) and that a lot of the Wii Games for example are way smaller than their ISOs I think a lot of this data is just dummy data which can be removed.

But back on topic, seems like the new XBox isn't "really" hacked but just the drive is modified.

naughtydog
17.08.10, 13:54
But back on topic, seems like the new XBox isn't "really" hacked but just the drive is modified.

drive is flashed as usual. Hack is or is not equal to flash?

shoulder
17.08.10, 17:04
For me personally a hack involves the main system but that's my personal point of view.

cheatos
17.08.10, 17:18
yoco im not sure the ps3 hacked will still attract you in any way if it is not a "load iso" hack. Think about downloading 50gigs worth of something and buying an empty blu ray disk for about 25 bucks, a blu ray burner nearly 150bucks before you can get a working backup. You could get a used game far less than this for a ps3 imho. I think that's why ps3 remains unhacked and will be for a long time until u can load isos off a hard disk to play backups.

why won't this 'excuse' die already?
i mean, you can always buy games (asian copied ones) from malaysia, singapore ...etc and they are cheap and often sold on the ground,
also if you have unlimited internet, you can download that who prevents you?
as for the price, really really, which one is better 70 euro game new or old (as in my country), or a 5 euros empty imation blank blu ray?

Just cause a game ISO of the PS3 may be ~40GB or whatever that doesn't mean that all is actual game data. Given the fact the same game fits on a DL DVD for XBox360 (Multi Console Games) and that a lot of the Wii Games for example are way smaller than their ISOs I think a lot of this data is just dummy data which can be removed.

PS3 disks don't contain dummy space, check any pre-db and see ps3 games' size. (Well, at least thats how they are dumped now, don't know if all these may be useless in the future, because they are missing a 'key' as i read somewhere else)

fast example:
Nier 6GB
007 Quantum of solace 11GB
SAW 2GB
Dante's inferno 8GB
..etc

Only big games are those 'big hits'
FFXIII 38GB
Heavy Rain 21GB
Uncharted 2 20GB
MAG 16GB
MGS 50GB

manaron
17.08.10, 17:39
Shown in the video is not slim version, as usual ... just turn on its side.

shoulder
17.08.10, 20:41
PS3 disks don't contain dummy space ...
Didn't know that, I thought it was handled as it is with non JTAG ISOs for XBox360 and Wii ISOs.

naughtydog
17.08.10, 20:57
haha @ cheatos maybe you should have read closely at my signature mehh. Yeah and realise your statement has "if" clause plsss next time ask me where im from. Used ps3 games are much cheaper. Done nada...

cheatos
17.08.10, 21:30
:lol:

next time ask me where im from.

circle the correct answer :lol::
I don't (care/want to/like to ask others because i don't want to be asked)

Used ps3 games are much cheaper. Done nada...

in my country, i'll die before i find a used game.

looks like the ps3 plight can never be solved in a balanced solution, i miss something, you miss something...
better. get a 360/wii ...

PS: my first reply wasn't offensive, just in case you took it like that :unsure:

naughtydog
17.08.10, 21:38
PS: my first reply wasn't offensive, just in case you took it like that :unsure:

That's how I talk nothing personal mehh. No hard feeling.

EDIT: Next time don't quote me and roll your opinion if you want to voice out your opinion... You contradict yourself imo cos I don't care what you say or think either....

cheatos
18.08.10, 06:26
You contradict yourself imo

And where is that?

cos I don't care what you say or think either....

i quoted the "next time ask me where im from." not the whole post.

-------------
So....
-------------

"Next time" give the previous post a better read, post a complete post not just crap(crap = the last 2 posts of yours).
you are on internet forums and don't want to be replied to ? don't want to hear others? you don't want to be "quoted" then its simple, don't register.
by the way, your sig doesn't make sense if you ask me, it doesn't "protect" you from quoting.

haha @ cheatos maybe you should have read closely at my signature mehh.

and finally,
No you don't tell me what to do and what not.

caballero
18.08.10, 07:20
Can we please calm it down here :frown:, things were understood wrong and I'm sure non of you intended to offend the other :top:

On topic: The video comments on youtube are quite interesting, a debate whether it's true or not. I've no experience whatsoever with xbox but the uploader comments + the video it self makes you believe it's true.

yoco
18.08.10, 09:40
Same here. I read a few comments and some keep saying it's fake others it's true. So which one to believe?

naughtydog
18.08.10, 10:26
@ cheatos what are you 12 years? Aint nothing to be vexed if I say what's on my mind. anyways whatever who cares....

On topic: Seen the "it's fake" comments too but it's Team Xecuter we are talking about, why will they put something which is fake on the internet?

Instab
18.08.10, 10:29
okay, enough flaming for today. this ends right here

naughtydog
18.08.10, 10:38
Team Xecuter replies to threads on the forums.

Originally Posted by TXForum
I don't know why do you hate non-believers so much... It's only normal for some people to be sceptical, and that's exactly because they followed the scene. We all remember the stupid things that happened arround Liteon 83850c... All the Irazez and Geremia issues and so on.

Originally Posted by Xecuter
heh it's not about hate It's more of a bemusement because they are either trolls or noobs with zero knowledge of a very old scene but they try to have some kind of voice by stirring up trouble. For them its kinda embarrassing and unfortunately you get it all over the internet these days. They show no respect and deserve none in return. We've been reverse engineering video games systems for over 10 years. Read up on just our Xbox achievements.

You hope that as every new wave of scene comes along that things will change. You only have to see how the Playstation 2 scene was - it was shockingly bad, then Xecuter helped create the Xbox scene and due to all of the homebrew work it became a really cool scene to be a part of with many different teams involved. Unfortunately many young 360 sceners won't have heard of all the work teams like Xecuter did in those days - we did some very very cool **** with the Xbox. Sure you had a bit of fanboy fighting but that's natural - it was a really fun time. Then came the Xbox 360 scene and then you go back to the PS2 days of *****iness and fighting - but usually between people who are of absolutely no significance to anyone or anything - which is kinda funny. What isn't funny is when you get guys releasing certain information to make themselves look good when in reality it gives M$ the info to plug certain holes in the security making it difficult or impossible to create the hacks. Then you get the trolls with absolutely no clue praising these guys when in reality all they did was damage the scene for their own ego. For example we know exactly why you can't JTAG the newer 360's and we know exactly who is to blame and why he did it, but this person and his small army of fans thinks he is the **** - it's bemusing to say the least.

I myself am already waiting for the firmware to come from teamjungle, and if you guys say you are helping them etc, so be it. Thank you!

Can I just ask if you ever actually read any news posts or any release NFO's at all ? We teamed up with Team Jungle and C4E ages ago to completely finance all projects and help develop and supply all hardware required so there never had to be any pay-per-firmware service attempts again due to the fact that this was costing the team a lot of money, but they receive very very few donations via their Jungle Flasher software (some guys send donations of 50c - and Paypal charges 40c to accept it - it became a joke) - now there is no problem at all, but you still get haters. These people are of absolutely no significance and have done ZERO for the scene. They just live to troll - its pathetic.

But please take at account that there are people who are not just haters or uneducated, but just cautious. You made an controversial video and that's it. Don't hate the people for having doubts. You really did great job over the years, and it's enough to just say "We did it!". The video just... Hey... it might be intentional so there is really no point in arguing

But why should they be cautious? These kind of people are again showing their lack of scene knowledge. If Team Xecuter say that something has been achieved - then take that word as Golden. The fact that C4E and Team Jungle also report this news - then those who call "Fake" are showing themselves up to be a troll and a bit silly. We could have made this video a thousand different ways - someone would have called it fake, the internet is open to all ages and all levels of education. We could have not made a video and there would have been people screaming for a video, except for those who have knowledge of the scene and the abilities and experience and reputation of the people announcing it - that should be enough.

will this require any parts you have to put on your xbox slim and will it cause me to get banned from xbox live.

We will be working to get this operating the same as the current system and this will take weeks maybe months of work. We are personally not interested in it being a "Modchip" type solution. It may take a different system of unlocking the drive much like the Liteon 93450. We are investing in a new piece of very expensive hardware to analyze the situation.

It is impossible to answer the banned question. Everyone is using iX LT firmwares right now and playing on live - so you can never say never.

When there is news - we will report.

yoco
13.10.10, 17:22
Is this hack any closer to worldwide public?

yoco
25.11.10, 16:12
So apparently iXtreme LT 12 is released!? Now I read some comments that this works fine for old consoles, what about the new slim one?