PDA

View Full Version : Its urgent!! gimme some suggetions for my major project

hellman
14.08.10, 11:34
I'm gonna make a micro controller based major project and i've decided to make

"MOVING LED TEXT DISSPLAY" but my project incharge said that i have to do some modifications:stupid: and i'm thinking about adding a "text to voice converter to it":top:

any ideas how to add such thing or even if it is possible?? is there any IC or program code or anything for making it possible

any ideas are welcomed and u can give suggestions for modifications too like adding a feature like changing of text with a sms ,,:confused:

plz help me with the voice thing:biggrin:

Sazzy
14.08.10, 12:18
can't help you with the voice thing, but here's another fun idea in case that doesn't work out:

Let it hook up to your pc and instead of just showing text, let it show the current song playing in winamp or something and let it move like you wanted to do. A friend of mine did a similar major project but he also added a few buttons so he could skip songs, start and stop. Apparently it's not that difficult to do (would be for me, but not for someone that feels home in that world :P) since winamp was for supportive for this by using some simple dll (I think it was self-written, but he's not a very good coder so that shouldn't be a problem with some googling) and probably 1000 times easier than your text-to-speech.

hellman
14.08.10, 12:47
sounds good but that won't help me..

i was surfing around net nad found this

WTS701 TEXT-TO-SPEECH chip made by Winbond
HM2007-speech recognition IC and PIC16F877A
Pic16F876A with a Parallax Emic TTS Module

will any of above 3 do the job anyone??

kelly
14.08.10, 15:23
How much time do you have ?

Sazzy
14.08.10, 16:56
any ideas are welcomed and u can give suggestions for modifications too like adding a feature like changing of text with a sms ,,:confused:

sounds good but that won't help me..

I thought that was what you were asking for :unsure: ?

anon
14.08.10, 18:02
"MOVING LED TEXT DISSPLAY" but my project incharge said that i have to do some modifications:stupid: and i'm thinking about adding a "text to voice converter to it":top:

any ideas how to add such thing or even if it is possible?? is there any IC or program code or anything for making it possible

There's a blog called NeoTeo which has loads of articles on how to do this kind of stuff - unfortunately, it's in Spanish... but Google Translate could help with that.

hellman
14.08.10, 18:52
How much time do you have ?

well i have to tell my inchare on monday but i have to make it before november buddy.. iff u know anything u can tell

---------- Post added at 17:52 ---------- Previous post was at 17:51 ----------

@sazzy---yes i said any ideas are welcomed but this one will not help me.. i just told to state that my prob.. stil exists ... thnx 4 the effort though

supermarrioh
14.08.10, 19:34
Considered Madrix?
How the Display should be Controlled? DMX? USB? Paralel Port? On-Board User Interface?

hellman
14.08.10, 23:39
Considered Madrix?
How the Display should be Controlled? DMX? USB? Paralel Port? On-Board User Interface?
well here's the ckt diagam.. it will b done using pipo registers n all but the problem is of voice..i want to add it but dunno how to?
http://www.8051projects.info/userfiles/display.jpg

kelly
15.08.10, 06:33
^^ By adding voice , do you mean to say that , if the text displays "Hellman" , you should hear a voice saying "hellman" ... is it?.

Also ,, the text that you give as input, is it random or predefined ?

hellman
15.08.10, 13:54
^^ By adding voice , do you mean to say that , if the text displays "Hellman" , you should hear a voice saying "hellman" ... is it?.

exactly my friend this is what i want..

Also ,, the text that you give as input, is it random or predefined ?

i'll enter text through keyboard or by program code... i found this ic "
WTS701 TEXT-TO-SPEECH chip made by Winbond"

will this work with 8051??

kelly
15.08.10, 16:25
I think you can do with it. But i am not sure how good the quality of the output ( voice ) be . The WTS supports SPI protocol. Hence one can interface with 8051. Basically you'll have to match the baud rate between 8051 & WTS. You'll have to send the corresponding ASCII codes of the text to WTS from the 8051.Go through the data sheets of WTS to figure out how the input to it should be. Have a look at the first result of this search . It's kinda similar to what you are planning to do.
+ Interfacing WTS701 with 8051 for text to voice conversion - Google Search (http://www.google.co.in/search?hl=en&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla%3Aen-US%3Aofficial&q=%2B+Interfacing+WTS701+with+8051+for+text+to+voi ce+conversion&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=&gs_rfai=)

hellman
15.08.10, 17:45
I think you can do with it. But i am not sure how good the quality of the output ( voice ) be . The WTS supports SPI protocol. Hence one can interface with 8051. Basically you'll have to match the baud rate between 8051 & WTS. You'll have to send the corresponding ASCII codes of the text to WTS from the 8051.Go through the data sheets of WTS to figure out how the input to it should be. Have a look at the first result of this search . It's kinda similar to what you are planning to do.
+ Interfacing WTS701 with 8051 for text to voice conversion - Google Search (http://www.google.co.in/search?hl=en&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla%3Aen-US%3Aofficial&q=%2B+Interfacing+WTS701+with+8051+for+text+to+voi ce+conversion&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=&gs_rfai=)

thanks kelly.. well that's good it means i can use it.. do u have any other chip to recommend?? coz i'm not sure that its available in my country or not

kelly
15.08.10, 17:55
Don't know about others , but for Winbond you can enquire here Winbond - parsehqweb (http://www.winbond-usa.com/hq/enu/AboutWinbond/WinbondWorldwide/WorldwideRepresentativesAndDistributors/India.htm)