PDA

View Full Version : How often do you upload your own stuff to trackers?

Oleg
06.08.10, 03:33
I am ashamed to admit it, but I don't often upload my own torrents to trackers. I uploaded only one torrent to PTP, a couple of torrents to torrent.e2k.ru, and today I uploaded my first torrent to what.cd, even though no one started downloading it yet. What about you, guys?

jacksbi
06.08.10, 05:37
Most of the time I upload my torrents to the tracker

what.cd,waffles,TC,CN

though i cheat on trackers due to my low bandwidth and speeds

i also know the thing sharing is caring.

Oleg
06.08.10, 05:46
i also know the thing sharing is caring.

Yes! What's your upload speed, by the way?

jacksbi
06.08.10, 05:50
Yes! What's your upload speed, by the way?

seedbox mostly.

i also cheat on some trackers for revenge.

i talk to many people through msn,yahoo and know about the various tracker staff.

i am member of almost every elite(whatever it called) forum

ics,sin,tr,tps,stn(before)

Oleg
06.08.10, 05:59
i also cheat on some trackers for revenge.

Interesting. Why do you feel you need to avenge yourself? What bad things did they do to you?

jacksbi
06.08.10, 06:01
Interesting. Why do you feel you need to avenge yourself? What bad things did they do to you?

its secret and personal matter.

i also dont have money to get the seedbox every month(as i am still a student),sometimes i borrow from my friends

Oleg
06.08.10, 06:16
I need to go to bed now, but let's hope both of us will continue contributing to different trackers by uploading more and more content!

Instab
06.08.10, 06:20
I need to go to bed now, but let's hope both of us will continü contributing to different trackers by uploading more and more content!

it also depends on the site. the 0day sites e.g. have their site seeders anyway and don't want non-scene stuff.
but there are other sites where everybody can contribute. the more the better no qüstion about that

jacksbi
06.08.10, 07:05
i even like some persons from here whom i had invited they had uploaded a lot of torrents on one of the tracker.the best example is seallion.

i feel myself proud when i invite some good members to the tracker mostly uploaders.

Resurrection
06.08.10, 08:34
I contribute a lot of my content...I have just recently started entering private trackers and used only demonoid before...

But on TPB and Mininova I uploaded a lot of stuff ... Still do on TPB...

I mostly resurrect old torrents that have have very few seeds or I upload torrents I find from here and there to more famous sites so that they get bigger exposure...

I sometimes make compilations (music) but there is not much market for it as I had hoped...

But I love to upload stuff overall man...

bungie
06.08.10, 09:23
Usually for me I compile stuff notes, etc that people want. Sometimes I have a product and will upload it.

SBfreak
06.08.10, 14:09
Upload? :lol: Me? :lol: I used to borrow an uploader's account from fl and upload pron.:D
Naruto and raw episodes some time too.

anon
06.08.10, 14:33
How often do you upload your own stuff to trackers?

I have uploaded a few torrents on What, and one on PTPC, to get to Power User. Other than that, nothing.

Donatas
06.08.10, 15:46
I upload torrents on what and waffles sometimes, but that's it. I feel like uploading movies/games torrents is too much of a hassle (though I've never tried)

clapton
06.08.10, 17:54
Hey guys!

I admit that I've only ever uploaded torrents to What.CD, but it's been a while since my last one. You might say that I've been slacking!

SBfreak
06.08.10, 18:00
You're a cheater not an uploader.

anon
06.08.10, 18:46
You're a cheater

You talking to clapton? :unsure:

Oleg
06.08.10, 19:38
Hey guys!

I admit that I've only ever uploaded torrents to What.CD, but it's been a while since my last one. You might say that I've been slacking!

My torrent was uploaded 19 hours ago, and no one started downloading it yet!

anon
06.08.10, 19:51
Was it in FLAC? I think the seedbox whores don't like that. :lol:

SBfreak
06.08.10, 19:53
You talking to clapton? :unsure:

Uhm..yeah.

uploaded torrents to What.CD, but it's been a while since my last one. You might say that I've been slacking!

jacksbi
06.08.10, 19:53

in what.cd i can find leechers on the torrent which i uploaded in minutes or hours but in waffles there will be no leechers for days or weeks why i dont understand the reason?

may be i think userbase is the reason

@sbfreak he is staff of what.cd

anon
06.08.10, 19:55
Uhm..yeah.

I still don't get why you call him a cheater :unsure:

in waffles there will be no leechers for days or weeks why i dont understand the reason?

may be i think userbase is the reason

Probably. What.cd has way more users than Waffles. That may be why the latter has kept invites open for so long lately.

Oleg
06.08.10, 19:59

Yes, in FLAC.

anon
06.08.10, 20:01
Oh. Then as a Mod here once told me, "permaseeding ftw". Eventually someone will grab it... posting on their forums a bit to get noticed and having paranoia set to 0 could help.

clapton
06.08.10, 20:17
If you're going to upload the FLAC, then you may as well do FLAC/320/V0/V2 if those are still an option (and see better.php for other FLAC that you have snatched or uploaded). And remember that most 2010 releases will be automatically downloaded - V0 and FLAC would be your best bets. Once the seedboxes stop seeding those "auto-snatches," you'll continue to receive upload credit over time (weeks/months). No guarantees, but uploading FLAC/etc. from home connections has served people well, and there is a strong positive correlation between total # of uploads and having a good ratio (see the Top 250 torrent uploaders). And not all (or even many?) of the top torrent uploaders have seedoxes, of course. Keep working at it (oh, and don't forget about Request fills) :)

Blocker
06.08.10, 20:41
I just have uploaded stuff in a tracker from my country and in the past I uploaded like 20 torrents on Demonoid :tongue:

Oleg
06.08.10, 20:44
And remember that most 2010 releases will be automatically downloaded - V0 and FLAC would be your best bets.

I guess I gotta go to a store and buy some CDs that were released in 2010. :)
By the way, I actually did fill someone's request when I uploaded that torrent, but that guy was last seen 1 day and 7 hours ago. Let's hope that he'll decide to download it when he returns. :)

fakeking
07.08.10, 03:22
I guess I gotta go to a store and buy some CDs that were released in 2010. :)
By the way, I actually did fill someone's request when I uploaded that torrent, but that guy was last seen 1 day and 7 hours ago. Let's hope that he'll decide to download it when he returns. :)

Just put a post reply in his request page then. :biggrin:

SomeGuy
07.08.10, 03:37
I do upload on trackers where I feel the community is great and treats me right. ;)
Some trackers will not see uploads of mine again because I got banned for cheating although I did share exclusive stuff. They should have just spanked me instead :D
This reminds me of a thread a started a while ago about why should we upload? Most people do it for altruistic reasons. It feels good to contribute.

LegitCheater
07.08.10, 04:31
Uhm..yeah.according to the "what.cd's cheat detection analysis (http://www.sb-innovation.de/members/zorvak-albums-whatcd-picture4688-staff-permission.png) one of the powers that staff get is "Can edit own upload/download amounts". DEY TUKK UR JERB!!!

Instab
07.08.10, 04:33
according to the "what.cd's cheat detection analysis (http://www.sb-innovation.de/members/zorvak-albums-whatcd-picture4688-staff-permission.png) one of the powers that staff get is "Can edit own upload/download amounts". DEY TUKK UR JERB!!!

everyone with db access can do that

LegitCheater
07.08.10, 04:42
everyone with db access can do thatso all we need to do is code an a cheating application that fakes the staff's ip address and we should be golden!

Instab
07.08.10, 04:48
so all we need to do is code an a cheating application that fakes the staff's ip address and we should be golden!

hehe, ip address is not enough

anon
07.08.10, 18:00
so all we need to do is code an a cheating application that fakes the staff's ip address and we should be golden!

Fake me a staff login cookie while we're at it, also.

LegitCheater
07.08.10, 20:42
Fake me a staff login cookie while we're at it, also.Meh, too much work. Let's just kidnap WhatMan.

Vuze-Sbi
08.08.10, 17:24
Only some rare albums time to time .

kazuya
08.08.10, 19:10
only when i really need it to do on trackers hard to cheat

SBfreak
08.08.10, 20:48
only when i really need it to do on trackers hard to cheat

Never thought of doing something nice,even though you've been cheating the hell outta you ratio you could give something back to the community/kids downloading pr0n ??:P

kostas13
09.08.10, 13:57
uploading to pedros , ptp and what is obligatory in order to become PU!

anon
09.08.10, 15:19
uploading to pedros , ptp and what is obligatory in order to become PU!

I'll take that as a "yes, I've uploaded the minimum amount required to become PU on those trackers".

kostas13
09.08.10, 22:11
I'll take that as a "yes, I've uploaded the minimum amount required to become PU on those trackers".

of course anon

MoS
10.08.10, 01:07
I upload my stuff on only demonoid, Only ebooks and learning stuff.
I seed for days -My bandwidth is so small- and i may stop seeding if there's 2-3 seeders but me sharing knowledge.

seldom
10.08.10, 01:44
uploading is a good and wise thing to do. i don't mind uploading and wish i could do more. however, too many trackers have such limitations - send an application to become uploader, or/and so high upload speed required (that i don't have), so, it becames unrealistic to me:(

Cerberus
10.08.10, 03:02
I upload some stuff every now and again when I'm feeling generous, or am bored with my ratio and won't dare to cheat on a tracker. :biggrin:

anon
10.08.10, 14:57
I upload some stuff every now and again when I'm feeling generous, or am bored with my ratio and won't dare to cheat on a tracker. :biggrin:

What's your upload speed?

Lucius1
10.08.10, 17:28
i upload on CN monthly :)

ToadVine
17.08.10, 17:17
I like a lot of people only upload music at Waffles and What.cd

Not many sites will let you upload stuff without going through a rigorous process. Plus very few people actually record TV on the PC's.

anon
17.08.10, 17:42
Not many sites will let you upload stuff without going through a rigorous process.

Well, for uploading on a pure 0-Day tracker, for example, they've got to make sure you have some sort of Scene access and a fast enough upload speed to seed the first copy back. This makes sense.

shadowww
18.08.10, 13:59
If I upload then that isn't on scene tracker for sure. I contribute only if I have something. For example if I get my hands on some rare movie or material I will upload it to KaraGarga.

Used to upload @What.cd but i stopped to give a damn because they delete inactive uploads (on KG stuff stays forever).

anon
18.08.10, 17:14
Used to upload @What.cd but i stopped to give a damn because they delete inactive uploads (on KG stuff stays forever).

Well, they have little use for torrents with zero seeders. Just permaseed your stuff and everything should be alright.

hellman
18.08.10, 18:14
what is uploading:huh:

cheatos
18.08.10, 18:22
what is uploading:huh:

uploading: the process of giving back to teh community by uploading your own materials in a proper what.cd way, uploading is inversely proportional to your cap limit.

hellman
18.08.10, 18:26
uploading: the process of giving back to teh community by uploading your own materials in a proper what.cd way, uploading is inversely proportional to your cap limit.

wow i want to see your brain circuit dude..:lol:
what i meant by above line was that i have'nt uploaded anything to any tracker once nor seeded.. just cheated :lool:
u're einstein man :lool:

Master Razor
18.08.10, 19:06
Uploaded exactly three torrents back in 2k8 but then I sort of retired. After that I never upload anything again.

MosDef
19.08.10, 04:47
I used to upload on PtN when I had a seedbox but havent done that in a while.

buta
24.08.10, 07:21
I never upload. I generally keep a low profile

DriftKing
24.08.10, 12:19
Tbh, I am regular uploader at

PTP - Over 60 releases

Bmtv - Over 200 releases

Bithdtv - Near 10 Releases

and at some other desi tracker like bwt and DT.

dju
24.08.10, 14:31
I never upload. I generally keep a low profile

keeping low profile is the way :D
never expose yourself, especially if you are cheating!

SomeGuy
24.08.10, 14:48
keeping low profile is the way :D
never expose yourself, especially if you are cheating!

It does not always work. I was once banned from a tracker because I did not "post enough in the forum".

jamilv
21.10.10, 20:12
I rarely upload to trackers, I usually seed, but its mainly because its so hard to get the content first and get it up on the tracker. Plus my connections upload sucks

seldom
21.10.10, 21:38
Plus my connections upload sucks
Hmm, I won't say that when look at your proof of ratio (http://www.sb-innovation.de/f58/ipt-22975/#post234644) :)

xyzsmurf
21.10.10, 23:45
Only once, to freshon.tv. My upload sucks, and there's almost always someone faster than me to upload.

hessler
22.10.10, 04:39
basically i started torrenting for sharing and not downloading it was the time when i was in Algeria and all the music CD's were available at hand so i never felt the need of downloading from the internet but i felt there is a great demand of ethnic music and the one which i use to listen was very good indeed so i thought why not to promote it by uploading on bit torrent but now i am in India and there is no place i can find that stuff so the only option is internet but still i upload 5/7 albums a week on public trackers.

uzair
22.10.10, 17:51
i dont really upload anythg on trackers :(

C3PO
22.10.10, 17:55
I uploaded 5-6 movies, just to get promoted.

Gapo
22.10.10, 19:28
I uploaded 5-6 movies, just to get promoted.

What tracker? Congrats :gsmile:

anon
22.10.10, 19:32
A movie tracker whose name starts with a P, most likely. :happy:

ElFusioN
29.06.11, 13:30
i upload my archives very often cause i have 100 mbps connection and i seed all day. Thats why i have like 4-5 ration in every tracker, and i try to keep it as high as that!

Unregistered342423
30.06.11, 19:32
Im not allowed to upload on the sites i goto... actually one site i do upload. Poor basterds need the help!

olabird
22.02.12, 03:50
Everything that I have I've gotten by downloading from the trackers.. so I don't upload.. :)

CM05
06.06.12, 18:47
I did (local music since I worked at a student radio) when I had shared access to a seedbox, but hardly ever now since my torrent upload is shaped to single digits due to my ISP. :frown: