PDA

View Full Version : Thor

yoco
30.07.10, 09:41
Release Date: May 6, 2011 (3D/2D theaters)
Studio: Paramount Pictures, Marvel Studios
Director: Kenneth Branagh
Screenwriter: Mark Protosevich, Ashley Miller, Zack Stentz, Don Payne
Starring: Chris Hemsworth, Natalie Portman, Tom Hiddleston, Anthony Hopkins, Rene Russo, Stellan Skarsgard, Jaimie Alexander, Kat Dennings, Ray Stevenson, Josh Dallas, Tadanobu Asano, Idris Elba, Clark Gregg, Colm Feore
Genre: Action, Adventure, Fantasy

Paramount Pictures and Marvel Entertainment present the epic adventure, "Thor," which spans the Marvel Universe from present day Earth to the realm of Asgard. At the center of the story is the mighty Thor (Chris Hemsworth), a powerful but arrogant warrior whose reckless actions reignite an ancient war. Thor is cast down to Earth by his father Odin (Anthony Hopkins) and is forced to live among humans. A beautiful, young scientist, Jane Foster (Natalie Portman), has a profound effect on Thor, as she ultimately becomes his first love. It's while here on Earth that Thor learns what it takes to be a true hero when the most dangerous villain of his world sends the darkest forces of Asgard to invade Earth.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jaQXW9uEsQU

naughtydog
30.07.10, 11:28
incredible hulk wasn't too bad, iron man eeh cant complain and this one is kicking it. i had low hopes for this one but hopefully it becomes a hit.

yoco
30.07.10, 11:46
Same here. I really have no high hopes for this movie, but am interested in how things will turn out!

shawshankraj
11.12.10, 12:14
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lXcVlUSmp8c

slikrapid
11.12.10, 21:45
you made my men look like a bunch of mall cops...where did you receive your training? afghanistan? chechnya?

this made me :rolleyes: they just have to spread such ridiculous propaganda everywhere - what training one might get in these countries is likely limited to simple military basics, something every military camp might teach, perhaps with the addition of some guerrilla warfare and thats about it, any special forces unit would be much more dangerous, not to mention limited time & locations for practicing these skills which certainly doesn't create better soldiers

a powerful but arrogant warrior whose reckless actions reignite an ancient war.

actually this 'war' exists and will continue to exist regardless of his actions, it can also be viewed as a personal struggle within

Thor is cast down to Earth by his father Odin

remember the fallen angels cast down from heaven?

A beautiful, young scientist, Jane Foster (Natalie Portman), has a profound effect on Thor, as she ultimately becomes his first love.

thats the euphemised motif of gods-women relationship

It's while here on Earth that Thor learns what it takes to be a true hero when the most dangerous villain of his world sends the darkest forces of Asgard to invade Earth.

lol, thor was already a hero/ruler, whereas this 'villain' is simply yet another competing force (likely with an opposite character to depict their duality, ie. struggle of the opposites), thus if one chooses to connect thor to light, his adversary would simply be darkness, in a perpetual and never-ending 'struggle' to overcome each other

Skyboat
11.12.10, 22:40
Looks like a good film, although I am a sucker for anything Marvel :P And anyway Natalie Portman is in it :D

I'm hoping the Avengers film will provide quite a bit of overlap between all these comic franchises, this film will serve as a good introduction for Thor before then. Same goes for Captain America.

yoco
11.12.10, 23:37
This trailer looked confused to me! Now I honestly don't know what's the story about :o

unsraw
22.12.10, 13:15
I'm soooo excited for Thor. And The Avengers. Shouldn't be there also a new movie about Captain America?

yoco
22.12.10, 14:19
They're gonna milk every comic superhero :D

yoco
07.02.11, 09:51
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2i1EzQyL324

Resurrection
18.02.11, 06:08
The new second trailer of Thor...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=utL3mFxwH28

yoco
19.02.11, 22:42
I'm gonna say, what my sister said, when she saw the trailer, LAME!!!! :D
I love superhero movies, but this one just doesn't seem right!

yoco
28.08.11, 11:06
Well I correct my post above! This movie was really good! I was impressed. To be honest I liked this one more than X-Men First Class!

Instab
31.01.12, 02:48
except the effects this was just crap :P
such a poor standard plot, 98% predictable and average acting. i'd recommend just looking at a few gfx stills but that's about it :lol:

Lucius
31.01.12, 16:25
except the effects this was just crap :P
such a poor standard plot, 98% predictable and average acting. i'd recommend just looking at a few gfx stills but that's about it :lol:

Damn .. your post is so helpful i downloaded this movie a while ago and was waiting to see it :D .

hellman
31.01.12, 19:31
just another average movie :baeh:

slikrapid
31.01.12, 20:08
just another average movie

it was a 2011 movie, can't expect (much) better than that

still, with all its flaws it was quite enjoyable, afaik the best fantasy movie from that year (transformers had their 3rd chance and blew it, even worse than before)