PDA

View Full Version : Drive Angry 3D

shawshankraj
25.07.10, 08:04
Release Date: February 11, 2011
Studio: Summit Entertainment
Director: Patrick Lussier
Screenwriter: Patrick Lussier
Starring: Nicolas Cage, William Fichtner, Amber Heard, Billy Burke, Simona Williams, Katy Mixon
Genre: Action, Drama
Plot Summary:
"Drive Angry 3D" stars Nicolas Cage as Milton, a hardened felon who has broken out for one last chance at redemption. Hell bent on stopping a vicious cult of fanatics who murdered his daughter, he has three days to stop them before they sacrifice his infant granddaughter beneath a full moon. Milton must us his anger to go beyond all human limits in order to save his last connection with humanity.

He's joined by Piper, a young sexy-smart waitress who liberates her ex-boyfriend's cherry red muscle car in order to help Milton. Now, the two of them are hot on the trail of the charismatic Jonah King and his murderous followers. King will throw every one of them faithful under the wheels of Milton's turbo-charged Black '71 Challenger, to fulfill hist destiny and unleash hell on earth.

But the bloodthirsty cult is the least of Milton's problems. The police are after him, too. And worse. An enigmatic killer known only as "The Accountant." The Accountant knows what Milton is trying to and and simply doesn't care. With wicked cunning and hypnotic savagery, the Accountant will relentlessly pursue Milton at high speed across the forgotten back roads of the American south.

Fueled by high octane and pure rage, Milton and Piper must battle the onslaught of King's disciples, avenge his murdered daughter, and save his granddaughter before his last chance at redemption is revoked.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qyTPVxiV7B4"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qyTPVxiV7B4

yoco
25.07.10, 11:48
Is it just me or does Nicolas Cage have a lot of movies lately? :D

shawshankraj
25.07.10, 13:30
ya he is bankrupt now that's y..

yoco
25.07.10, 13:49
Yea I guess you're right! Now he has to take every offer on the table :D

slikrapid
25.07.10, 14:27
he is a weak actor anyways, can't say that he ever acted decently, more like annoyingly - the less screen time he gets the better

as for this movie, just read the plot, its beyond stupid, complete garbage

yoco
25.07.10, 23:31
He was pretty good in Lord of War

SBfreak
26.07.10, 00:00
I saw movies with worse plots.
And yes his best performance was in Lord of War.

yoco
26.07.10, 18:01
Worst part? Probably Wickerd man?

slikrapid
29.07.10, 18:28
He was pretty good in Lord of War

just saw it the other day, man, that movie sucked badly, completely unbelievable & shallow, with loads of wrong info on weapons/history and cage was, how do i put it, ridiculously sleazy/narcissistic - his character wouldn't last a month in that business, let alone climb up the ladder from scratch or present any significant danger to the big dealers, not to mention how utterly incompetent the (interpol) agents were portrayed (besides the fact their job is completely different compared to what was displayed, no special or ordinary 'force' would be fooled by cage's infantile tactics), in addition to this his wife was also reduced to the beautiful=stupid cliche (guess one can't expect more from the 'manly' weapon-worship movie)

as for cage's best movies, i'd go with one of these:

Gone in Sixty Seconds (2000)
8MM (1999)
Face/Off (1997)
Con Air (1997)

yoco
29.07.10, 19:10
Oh, c'mon, Lord of War didn't suck at all! It was really good movie! :D

kelly
29.07.10, 19:26
I liked Lord of War very much . Agreed ,there was an essence of unrealism involved in it... but it's a film after all. The part which amazed me the most was the hard reality of life. To what extent does a person makes a tradeoff to accomplish his desire and the consequences that he has to face.. loosing the trust of loved ones for example

slikrapid
29.07.10, 20:16
there was an essence of unrealism involved in it... but it's a film after all.

a movie that (officially) aimed at portraying the arms trade in a serious/educative way (even trying to convince the viewers of its truthfulness in the opening sequence), yet failed on numerous occasions due to either false info or cliched approach, revealing its underlying (real) goal to indulge in weapon-worship and dumbing down of the (empathizing) audience that takes their messages & worldview for granted

The part which amazed me the most was the hard reality of life.

which one would that be? the one of the main character who carelessly prances around making stupid/unbelievable decisions (without any explanation) and then getting away with it because his opponents are even more incompetent/cliched than he is, or that of the wars/conflicts protagonists using his weapons in a shallow self-explanatory way

To what extent does a person makes a tradeoff to accomplish his desire and the consequences that he has to face.. loosing the trust of loved ones for example

yet they don't even offer an explanation why he got into that business at all, seems to be boredom or something (the 'idle hands' motive), as if he had no influence on his life (the destiny 'explanation') he just follows some path for which he has no experience/background and gets away with it alone (his side-kick is useless anyways), even becoming a top player

again from the movie presented worldview: a relationship began through lies/deception, as the cage character admits, but since all of them end up so sooner or later its not a big deal anyways - really educative moral of the story, no need to romanticize it, its not just benign or unknowing entertainment :rolleyes:

yoco
12.06.11, 13:03
This movie would be so much better if it wasn't made for 3D! The effects were horrible!

5/10