PDA

View Full Version : GPS~

Sazzy
22.07.10, 00:04
Hi~

The time has come and I need a GPS. I don't have a clue where to start, so hoping you guys can help a girl along!

It needs to be relatively cheap (200ish euro budget) though it's not a strict limit. I'm willing to pay more if the device is worth it.
Don't come suggesting 400 euro devices though, I'm not made of money.
Screen needs to be big! At least 4" imho. I wear glasses and don't want any trouble reading the damn thing.
Not really interested in too many extra features, only pick devices because of their extra features if they're REALLY worth it. This does not include reasons like "cause I can watch movies on it". It's a GPS. If I need a television, I will buy one of those instead.
It has to be an actual GPS, no smart phone, no iPhone, no laptop, no nothing with GPS in it. ONLY a GPS device.
It will be used in my car and in my car only. Don't care about the battery length. Once I get out of the car I will at most look for the location for 20 mins using the GPS. If I haven't found it by then, I will just go home anyway.
The new intelligent routes some GPS' seem to have is something I like. (It will superclearly show what lane to drive in, rather than older devices just showing a general direction).

Hope you guys can suggest me some. Thanks in advance!

Gravale
22.07.10, 02:11
These are exactly what you're looking for:

Tom tom xl gps - Buy at the best price tom tom xl gps - Ireland (http://www.pixmania.ie/ie/uk/r/tom-tom-xl-gps)

I've had the TomTom XL for about a year and find it quite sophisticated, intelligent and simple to follow visually and audibly. It does exactly what you're looking for and is within your price range.

Sazzy
22.07.10, 09:25
Thanks!
Would you recommend the XL over the XXL? (Prices hardly differ)

Gravale
22.07.10, 09:34
The XXL has a 5" screen and, according to one description, audibly names streets. I'd go for it since it's only marginally more expensive than the XL. Either choice will please you though. It's a real pleasure using this product.

Sazzy
22.07.10, 21:29
Thanks mate, I will most likely go get the XXL soon!

Gravale
24.07.10, 00:59
Curry's are selling this TomTom for half-price. It has bluetooth and voice-input.

Half Price - TomTom with Huge Spec Now Only (http://www.onoffer.ie/offers/8070_half-price---tomtom-with-huge-spec-now-only-179.aspx)