PDA

View Full Version : Get older versions of programs!

Dr.house
20.07.10, 08:33
This site offers you the trouble of gravel for the latest versions free software easy to use all the programs on a single page will not tire in the search for a program

Features

* Only the best software, we focus on quality not quantity.
* Very fast servers with 100Mb connections, to make your downloads as fast as possible.
* We keep the old versions of programs, so if you update and don't like the new version, you can always return to the old one.
* All software is 100% spyware and virus free.
* Filtering feature to allow you to only show Freeware and/or Non-beta software.
* Full support for resuming downloads and download managers.
* Change log and technical details for downloads.
* RSS feeds for all updates, categories and for individual programs.
* New European and US download servers.
* Optimized pages for faster browsing.
* Update Checker to scan your machine for old software.

FileHippo.com - Download Free Software (http://www.filehippo.com/)

Sazzy
20.07.10, 08:52
I would try to refrain from posting things like this. They're hardly useful:dabs:

Dr.house
20.07.10, 09:08
I would try to refrain from posting things like this. They're hardly useful:dabs:

are you mean this thread not good ( very bad ) ?

SBfreak
20.07.10, 13:00
I don't see it as bad.But a personal opinion is better than the copy pasted self-advertisement.

desodorante
20.07.10, 14:45
I agree with SB-Freak. Thanks for the link!
Another good source for old versions is OldVersion.com (http://www.oldversion.com/) (Surprise, surprise!)

anon
20.07.10, 17:46
Another good source for old versions is OldVersion.com (http://www.oldversion.com/) (Surprise, surprise!)

I remember that when I was a noob and used "Open" instead of "Save", I'd go there to get Winamp 2.92 and a few other oldies every time I reinstalled. Great place!

Dr.house
20.07.10, 17:51
otherwise filehippo contain every old version to any soft you want
when you get to download one appear all old version listed

SBfreak
20.07.10, 21:42
Sometimes filehippo is not enough to cover all the needs of a user looking for free application.
Those who like it should also try FilePig - Download Free Windows Software, Freeware, Shareware (http://filepig.org/) and SourceForge.net: Download and Develop Open Source Software for Free (http://sourceforge.net/)

Sazzy
20.07.10, 21:45
Doesn't Google work just as good, if not, better? :unsure:

SBfreak
20.07.10, 21:56
If you're noob enough google can easily provide fake software/malware under the name of one of your fav applications.

Sazzy
20.07.10, 21:58
If your noob enough google can easily provide fake software/malware under the name of one of your fav applications.

you're!

Also, I didn't realize people were still dumb enough to not recognize fake software, especially since google returns the official site in more than 99% of the cases

SBfreak
20.07.10, 22:01
you're!
:dabs:
I'm allowed one typo a month.

Also, I didn't realize people were still dumb enough to not recognize fake software, especially since google returns the official site in more than 99% of the cases
Not always,don't tell me you never installed a malware/fake software before.

Sazzy
20.07.10, 22:10
In all honesty, it's been ages :P I usually know just what to get and hardly install anything unneeded/unknown

Instab
20.07.10, 22:12
you're!

:dabs:
I'm allowed one typo a month.

Not always,don't tell me you never installed a malware/fake software before.

just get the app from the developer's site and you're fine. never understood why people would choose any other dl location than the source directly

SBfreak
20.07.10, 22:31
Probably because of the download speed they get.Sometimes I get better speeds on filehippo.Someone may choose some full-o-malware site.

anon
20.07.10, 22:55
google returns the official site in more than 99% of the cases

Here the local Google seems to always place Softonic in the first place, and then the developer's Web site :tongue:

Sazzy
20.07.10, 23:05
I use Google/ncr, local googles are biased.

anon
20.07.10, 23:23
And as you may know, I don't even use Google - at least, not directly :)

SB-Innovation - Google Search (http://www.scroogle.org/cgi-bin/nbbw.cgi?Gw=SB-Innovation&n=2)

Sazzy
20.07.10, 23:43
I do know, just pointing out the NCR thing for those that do and didn't know about it :P
You can set a cookie too (ohnoes lost all of anon's respect now) to let it always use the default one automatically after going to ncr

slikrapid
21.07.10, 02:02
otherwise filehippo contain every old version to any soft you want
when you get to download one appear all old version listed

having a large repository of genuine old program versions (not all of them are free) is the main feature of this site and that should be the theme/name of this thread ('Old program versions' for example)

just get the app from the developer's site and you're fine. never understood why people would choose any other dl location than the source directly

fi. if the developer's site won't make older app versions available

edit:

(Even though people generally care about newer better versions)

'newer & better' may not be compatible with user views on ergonomics or compatible with a certain system configuration or simply may not have been cr*cked yet, so take your pick :P

Sazzy
21.07.10, 02:34
fi. if the developer's site won't make older app versions available

(Even though people generally care about newer better versions)

MoS
21.07.10, 10:08
I think it's only a place containing all what one needs, I mean i don't have to go to many sites to get some software plus filehippo's update tool. Its small size and really nice.

And as you may know, I don't even use Google - at least, not directly :)

I used to use scroogle to, But few days ago it wasn't working. You got some alternatives ?

fakeking
21.07.10, 11:55
I used to use scroogle to, But few days ago it wasn't working. You got some alternatives ?

Bing, :lol: (joke, Mos). It seems like no other alternative for un-evil Google type.

I often snatched older version of utorrent for cheating needs here at filehippo :tongue:

naughtydog
21.07.10, 12:31
there is the need for older apps lets say utorrent 1.6 or so when some private trackers try to ban some clients. Lets take the case of iLT for example, utorrent 2.0.2 wont work there but they accept utorrent 1.6 so need comes into play. I didn't know about "filepig" i must say and so thanks for pointing that out.

Topic of this thread is somehow deceiving you know?

MoS
21.07.10, 13:10
Bing, :lol: (joke, Mos). It seems like no other alternative for un-evil Google type.

Can you just share us a piece of your experience Mr the king ? :beten_2:

fakeking
21.07.10, 15:18
Can you just share us a piece of your experience Mr the king ? :beten_2:

????? I mean that there's no another alternative for Scroogle aka I don't any other of it.

Change the topic for sake of us, Mr. anon :tongue:

anon
21.07.10, 17:55
Change the topic for sake of us, Mr. anon :tongue:

Why not? I have to catch up with Instab's amount of moderation actions anyway :biggrin:

austin316
23.07.10, 01:54
filehippo is a great site for old programs, as some torrent sites dont allow new versions of utorrent, so i have to convert back to old ones.