PDA

View Full Version : Faster

shawshankraj
20.07.10, 01:58
Release Date: November 24, 2010
Studio: CBS Films
Director: George Tillman Jr.
Screenwriter: Joe Gayton, Tony Gayton
Starring: Dwayne Johnson, Billy Bob Thornton, Carla Gugino, Maggie Grace, Oliver Jackson-Cohen, Moon Bloodgood
Genre: Thriller
Plot Summary:
A stint in prison usually has one of two effects on a man – it either breaks him down or makes him stronger. For Driver (Dwayne Johnson), a 10-year sentence proved the latter. His strength was not just fueled by time, but also by a hunger to avenge the murder of his brother during the botched bank robbery that led to his own imprisonment. Untouchable on the 'inside,' he made plenty of enemies in prison - men who were counting the days until his release so they could exact their own revenge on the outside. Now, on the day of his release, he is hell-bent on reaping vengeance upon the four men responsible for his brother's murder. With a list of names and addresses in hand, he sprints out of the prison gates and is immediately on his mission.

No regard for witnesses. No finesse to the acts. One down. Check. Within hours of Driver eliminating the first name on the list, two men are on his trail – Cop (Billy Bob Thornton), a veteran police officer just days from retirement, and Killer (Oliver Jackson-Cohen), a young egocentric hitman with a flair for the art of killing. The hunter is now also the hunted.

Without hesitation, Driver methodically continues down his list while the mystery deepens surrounding his brother's murder and who might have tipped off those responsible to their robbery plans. With each killing, Driver finds himself face to face with Cop or Killer and he evades them every time. Killer wants Driver now more than ever – he's finally met a worthy opponent. Thus begins a do or die race to the list's finish with new details in the decade old murder emerging along the way...hinting that Driver's list may be incomplete and his life in further danger.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=km5DD2jRzp4"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=km5DD2jRzp4

yoco
20.07.10, 09:46
Looks interesting, great cast! Waiting for a longer trailer!

SBfreak
20.07.10, 12:55
Go the Rock:lol:

yoco
07.10.10, 10:25
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujc1RlY22ts

slikrapid
07.10.10, 12:53
ROFL what a piece of junk, with a totally unbelievable script done by the the gayton?! duo, though it just might pass as mindless entertainment, maybe like a crippled tarantino or dirty harry incarnation...

for better 'revenge' movies see:
Kill Bill: Vol. 1 & 2 (2003,2004)
Dirty Harry (any)
Commando (1985)

for good 'the rock' movies see:
Doom (2005) decent
The Rundown (2003)
The Scorpion King (2002) decent

for good billy bob thornton movies see:
The Alamo (2004)
Bad Santa (2003)
Bandits (2001) decent
Pushing Tin (1999)
A Simple Plan (1998)
Armageddon (1998)

yoco
19.03.11, 11:18
I have to say I enjoyed this movie! Yea I agree with silk's post above, but still, I like "The Rock" :D

SealLion
20.03.11, 00:46
Isn't this just ever so typical of Hollywood's producers. To make something that 'immortalizes' something of the US's culture: Guns.
Most people in the States probably wouldn't recognize that the 'right-to-carry' arms expanded in the '90's with the ever so-growing problem of gun violence that is fueled by gangs, drugs, robberies, and what-not. In showing a film like this where I get the idea that it immortalizes problem-solving techniques and gun violence into a position of something akin to 'this is how you solve problems', is it any wonder that homicide rates in the States is supposed to be the highest in the industrialized world? That of course is in addition to people in the states being allowed to carry guns on their side.
Did you know that in 2004, homicide rates in the States was 3X higher than in Canada and 6X higher than in Germany?

Crime in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crime_in_the_United_States#Homicide)

So what causes gun violence or violence that leads to homicide??
Well, lots I'd say.
There's a myriad of factors that cause violence. Such as biological, sociological, and psychological factors.
You could say that bad genes, bad housing, poor nutrition, or even bad morals might lead to bad behavior.
Watching stuff like this I'd say, IMO, is part and parcel of the sociological and psychosocial factors that leads one to commit violence. And if we were to keep it in context, let's narrow it down to homicide with guns.

So when an entire generation of people see shows that imbue violence into their psyche, is it any wonder that some people being most heavily influenced by media ( which the media industry is so keen to imbrue and saturate into people's minds), are taken towards and eventual violent behavioral outlook. I'd bet that part of the reason why there's so many people in jail in the states is not just because they're members of gangs but that the gang taught them violence.

Where did the gang members learn violence??
Well, the media, as I've just stated, has this role that just saturates if not impregnates people's minds with violent patterns.

Would I ever recommend to watch this show, let alone it's 'entertainment' value??
Probably not.