PDA

View Full Version : [Misc/Other] P2P Pre Database and Release group home

KoOlWaReZ
19.07.10, 04:00
I'm a web developer and I'm putting together a site. I've been coding it for a week now and trying to open the doors and get more users to come and check it out. Help me find bugs etc. The idea behind it is:

Giving the P2P a 'Pre' Database, like Scene w/steriods. Not only does it have a full feature database, which release groups can post the title, pictures, nfo etc, but soon it will be streaming samples of the releases and a voting/ranking system is being put in to rank to release groups. Video, Audio, Compatibility. Voting continues until something better gets released, then the scores get tallied up; for a winner. Example, a CAM gets released by a group. That groups gets points for being first. Then every other group will release theres... members of the site chooses which is best by ranking video, audio, compatibility. Then when a TS gets announced "pre" then the voting automatically stops and the winning CAM gets a green check and the release group gets points (respect points) comments can be left for releases also.

Now with the profile system, release groups get a profile like myspace. Members of the site also get profiles and it has added features like being able to use myspace layouts, post youtube videos on there profile and post them into the system for ranking and comments, PM other users or groups, release group list with ranking, you can have open debates with the community, IRC chatroom built in and soon to be built into the release groups profile pages, built in instant messenger to chat in real time between each other, file sharing, picture sharing with private pictures option.. so much more and more coming.

Current release groups who have helped and bug tested are:
Rx, 420Demons (*THC*), PrisM, iMAGiNE, KiNGDOM, FLAWL3SS, MAGNET, n0ir...
and its only been a week. (going to be featured in nfo files as a contact point)

I would appreciate a honest comments on my idea and development.
Thanks,
KoOlWaReZ

http://www.p2pelite.com

Instab
19.07.10, 04:15
central group place sounds good but you definitely need to work on the design. don't know if that's gonna be the last part to complete tho

KoOlWaReZ
19.07.10, 04:21
yeah.. I have a pro going in and re-doing the design and layout.. I do most of the coding.. So i've been busy coding the major stuff for the past week. Everything seems functional as of now.. It's best viewed with a firefox browser tho, IE it doesn't look right because the template is done with css and IE reads in funky. Now the database and profile system are different. Database is built into the profile system but you can go into the database as a guest, just cant do any of the extra stuff.. just see releases as they post.. and you can do that by: P2P ELiTE DATABASE (http://pre.p2pelite.com)

Instab
19.07.10, 04:31
yeah.. I have a pro going in and re-doing the design and layout.. I do most of the coding.. So i've been busy coding the major stuff for the past week. Everything seems functional as of now.. It's best viewed with a firefox browser tho, IE it dösn't look right because the template is done with css and IE reads in funky.

nice and i don't think any serious p2p or scene guy is using IE :P

Now the database and profile system are different. Database is built into the profile system but you can go into the database as a güst, just cant do any of the extra stuff.. just see releases as they post.. and you can do that by: P2P ELiTE DATABASE (http://pre.p2pelite.com)

yeah, that works. and the design is better, too :D

fakeking
19.07.10, 04:39
Sounds like a great idea for end-user to decide/find best releases they can get from many release groups available but what kind of benefit those release group can get from your site? Publicity?. Just asking :biggrin:

KoOlWaReZ
19.07.10, 04:49
They get a home. They get a profile, they get a central place to interact with the public. They get to have fun with a lil competition with the ranking and being first.. They get (soon) there own sub domain they can edit through there profile http://groupname.p2pelite.com, they get a easyer way for users to get to there IRC.. just click a hotlink in there profile...

---------- Post added at 04:49 ---------- Previous post was at 04:44 ----------

its a win win.. when enough release groups signup and start pre'in there releases in teh database to thousands watching and waiting.. and by the way I have SMS messenging already coded in so users can get texts to there cell phones when something new hits in the database that they been waiting for.. then eventually your releases wont be knowned til you do take part in the new system.
Also RSS and email notifications.

Instab
19.07.10, 05:02
interesting project to say the least. will definitely keep an eye on it for some time