PDA

View Full Version : Apple iPhone 4 vs. HTC EVO 4G

kazuya
16.07.10, 14:41
We compare the Apple iPhone 4 vs. the HTC EVO 4G. The gloves are off as Apple’s latest creation goes up against the first 4G smartphone in America.

With the curtain now officially lifted on Apple’s iPhone 4, hoards of Apple devotees have already made plans to ditch their well-worn 3G S models and move onto the next iteration. But if you’re not wearing a heart-shaped locket with Steve Jobs inside, does the move to the iPhone 4 make sense? Where previous iPhone releases have towered over the competition in every way, this year’s release faces stiffer outside competition than ever before. Does Apple still have what it takes to reign supreme in the smartphone market? We stacked the iPhone 4 specs side by side with those of its most intimidating competitor, HTC’s Android-powered EVO 4G, to find out.

Apple iPhone 4 vs. HTC EVO 4G (http://www.digitaltrends.com/mobile/devices/apple-iphone-4-vs-htc-evo-4g/)

Peter190286
16.07.10, 20:37
Ein ähnlicher Vergleich wurde auch von Toms Hardware durchgeführt. Auch ich denke, die Luft für Apple wird dünner. Wesentliche Applikatione für iPhone gibt es auch bereits für Android. Vermutlich wird es bald das "User-Interface" sowie die Haptik, Optik und das Image sein.

dreamer
16.07.10, 21:37
isn't this the English section?
anyway there's a big fuss going on with the iPhone 4 antenna blocked by the hands.
AT&T said to be out of the loop by Apple while Apple knew about the problem and still spread the faulty product.
some 1000 lawsuits are against Apple in the U.S. right now for that.

Sazzy
16.07.10, 21:39
Also, I head Apple was "fixing" that by bringing out an update that would make the connectivity bars appear higher without actually being higher :P

tokiodrift1
17.07.10, 00:36
I think the new samsung devices (Galaxy s1 / s2) could be also compared to those, at least the display is as good as the one from apple.

supergeek
19.07.10, 14:26
I wouldn't bother getting the iphone 4 just yet. There is a big problem with their antennas and people seem to have a lot of dropped calls...too bad that Apple doesn't want to admit their mistakes and do a recall.

Dynamic
05.09.10, 05:48
I know of so many people who have the IP4 and the EVO and honestly say that the IP4 just looks better and easier to use. A lot of people like the android system but the IP4 is just easier to use and more friendly. Also, if you are worried about AT&T service...verizon might be getting it at the new year.

jamilv
21.10.10, 20:33
I noticed a lot of people here (canada) go for the iPhone 4 because its so hard to find the EVO 4G but a majority of those I talk to would rather go with the EVO 4G because it will be able to contend with the new iphones that come out every june/july...at least for another year or two.

yoman
06.11.10, 19:41
i would go with HTC EVO 4G .... iphone have same old problems like call droping.... performance of htc is better than iphone..

ParamouR
06.11.10, 20:32
I just like the way Apple 4 is designed, forget about its cons its pros still overpowers it.

gatalakka
12.11.10, 12:41
what about the new htc desire hd? I think performance wise, it's better than both the evo and iphone.

ParamouR
26.11.10, 06:33
what about the new htc desire hd? I think performance wise, it's better than both the evo and iphone.

If you compare it with Dzire HD, ofcorse HTC wins with that. Having Qualcomm Snapdragon 1 GHz processor, 768 MB of RAM, much bigger resolution 480 x 800 pixels, 4.3 inches, 8 MP and running on Android v2.2. This has to be the best.

Here's what I feel like should be according to this thread:
#1 : HTC Desire HD
#2 : Apple iPhone 4
#3 : HTC EVO 4G
;)

yoco
26.11.10, 11:04
HTC Desire HD, I wanna have it! :D
It's over 600€ here! :o