PDA

View Full Version : BitHQ staff <3?

anon
16.07.10, 00:47
I just saw this on FST:

You cheat? You'll bleed!

There is a never-ending struggle going on between private trackers and people who think to gain something by cheating. Well, let us inform you, cheaters do not gain anything by cheating. In fact, it is so easy to maintain a decent ratio on BitHQ, you shouldn't even have to cheat.

Cheaters will eventually always be caught up with. Sometimes it takes a while, and sometimes they get identified fast. We are aware of certain active cheat-promoting websites (such as a certain German one, located in Luxembourgh), cheatprograms such as RM, PMR, WM and so on.. Don't worry, we know what to look for. The BitHQ staff is always actively searching for those who try to cheat the system, and they get a lot of help from a big share of fair playing users along the way: nobody likes cheaters.

BitHQ recently got some new tools to it's proposal, and will likely add a few more in the near future. And with these we also added this current page, the 'Wall of Shame', where you really do not wish to be seen on as a cheater. We will show usernames, IP addresses, used emails and so on of those who tried to cheat us. If you end up on this page, you will not be seen only to BitHQ members but you will be seen by virtually the whole wide world as people will not have to be a member to see the Wall of Shame. We all know how Google works, try to get yourself removed from that once the page gets indexed ;)

If you don't cheat, you have nothing to worry. Only people from whom we are 100% sure they cheat, we will show these details. If you give back what you took, like you should when torrenting (after all, if nobody shares, there wouldn't be much people interesting in giving either), you have nothing to fear.

If you are a cheater, and think to yourself "Ha! But I use a fake email address, a fake IP address or whatever", then rest assured, every change you make is stored in the system and will end up on our Wall of Shame.

Trust us, you do not wish to be listed here. It's your own choice to try and cheat here..

To the owners of other communities: feel free to use the data below as you see fit, we know for sure you don't like to have these people in your community either ;)

shadowww
16.07.10, 01:55
Yes, very interesting. I just saw that when was about to login @ bithq. They didn't catch anyone yet. :D

But its quite scarry thought to get caught and exposed with all ip logs, e-mail, nick... Especially for a kind of lazy cheater like myself that doesn't use different nick and mail for every tracker because I was registrated at most trackers already before I even had a clue about cheating. Hmmm.

crystal
16.07.10, 02:10
its baffling that after 3-4 years of launching the site , one on fine day they suddenly decide to take drastic action against ratio cheating .

SealLion
16.07.10, 02:42
Big words.
Scary ideas.
Might not mean a damn thing.
And as for this:

....every change you make is stored in the system and will end up on our Wall of Shame.

Do they telephone your ISP to see what changes you've made??
Do they call up GMail or Ymail, or any of the thousands of other email providers to see where you've gone??

....seems like a lot of work to me.

As for being caught there, ...before I got disabled for inactivity there ( unfortunately, b/c it actually is a very good site for films), I couldn't believe that I jumped 2 user levels in one night.
I don't cheat as often nowadays, though, ...but that was back-in-the-day.
You know what I mean??

As for improving anti cheating scripts, they might be serious. But then on the other hand, the improvements to anti cheat scripts might only be minimal. You can't tell b/c they don't say, of/c.
In essence....just like I make mention of already....
Big Words, Scary ideas. Might not mean much.

saebrtooth
16.07.10, 03:48
its baffling that after 3-4 years of launching the site , one on fine day they suddenly decide to take drastic action against ratio cheating .

The straw that brokeback mountain, sorry broke the camels back

One thing for sure is that they are promoting global bans. If you didnt have have a dynamic IP or used a proxy at the time of cheating it fair to say ur on a static one and they can connect the dots then very likely ur banned - globally

Blocker
16.07.10, 04:51
Big Words, Scary ideas. Might not mean much.

Exactly ,I think their improvement would not detect the proxies, cheating tool and mods if they are used wisely
I've never been in BitHQ but like talks in the past ,systems are not perfect ,so there always will be a way to cheat in trackers.

Don't get scared guys about this.

Instab
16.07.10, 05:09
staff always likes to exaggerate on purpose. remember what IPT stated lately? ;)

Blocker
16.07.10, 05:15
What IPT stated?

Instab please post it

Instab
16.07.10, 05:17
no prob :D

Dear Users

Recently we are seeing more and more instances of 'suspect' information sent to our tracker.
We believe this is dü to an increased usage of modified torrent clients.

These modified clients have been changed with the specific intention of sending false information to trackers in an attempt to inflate the upload amount recorded and increase the users ratio.
Whilst it is possible to use these modified clients without cheating, the fact that you have a modified client means you have the ability to cheat should you so choose.

We have updated our 'Anti Cheater' routines to identify all instances of modifed client useage.

Any user found to be using a modified torrent client will have their account suspended without notice.

We highly recommend if you have any doubt about the authenticity of your torrent client you cease all seeding / leeching until you have verified you are not using a modified client.
Please download an approved version from the links on the IPT Home Page

Once your account is disabled for cheating, we will not enter into discussion about how our routines are wrong, once disabled it is permanent.

Regards
IPT Staff

SealLion
16.07.10, 05:56
IPt :

.....We highly recommend if you have any doubt about the authenticity of your torrent client you cease all seeding / leeching until you have verified you are not using a modified client......

bithq user:

uuuhhhh duuhhh,
I didnt...didn...diddn''ttt knn..nn..nn...nnowww
dat I vas uzing da modddif..fff..fff...ffiieeed cliiennt!!!
Duuuuhhhhh!!!!

saebrtooth
16.07.10, 06:21
exaggeration of tracker abilities is i would say the norm

ie

If I catch u cheating you little b*stard Im gona fking skin your balls and hang them out to dry

yeah right, like they could catch me on my super fast roller blades :lol:

Technical-wise, Im not sure if trackers would share their anti-cheat scripts and how much can they improve upon it themselves without producing double positives and causing head aches for genuine members?

But one thing that is a true WMD and that is advertising all info about the banned user making it hard for the cheater. This is the difference between IPT's announcement and BitHq

anon
16.07.10, 17:32
And as for this:

Do they telephone your ISP to see what changes you've made??
Do they call up GMail or Ymail, or any of the thousands of other email providers to see where you've gone??

No, but they can log the IPs and e-mails you use in the database.

As for me, if I ran a tracker and had improved its scripts recently, I wouldn't announce it.

Mihai
16.07.10, 18:36
bullshit bullshit crap:lol:
Please do not start bragging about your new scripts bla bla bla...Like many other trackers it's just all words and nothing done...

Sazzy
16.07.10, 18:45
bullshit bullshit crap:lol:
Please do not start bragging about your new scripts bla bla bla...Like many other trackers it's just all words and nothing done...

which is often enough to scare away the average cheater :lol:
so in the end, mission successful :P

slikrapid
16.07.10, 18:49
this time it seems a bit more than the usual scare tactics, they must feel extra insecure in order to issue a threat like that :P

Blocker
16.07.10, 18:56
As for me, if I ran a tracker and had improved its scripts recently, I wouldn't announce it.

I agree ,that way they could catch more cheater users

Neither What.cd makes that kind of announcements which has the most developed anti-cheatig scripts IMO

bullshit bullshit crap

:top:

Now they just add a list of cheaters in their homepage ,something like TopHos shitlist and that's all,but let's how many cheaters would appear on their list :tongue:

Mihai
16.07.10, 19:01
Well if they actually wanna be able to catch users who use WM they first must use gazelle and ditch Tbdev...Those who know what I'm talking about...

anon
19.07.10, 19:46
The first cheater's up :eek:

shadowww
19.07.10, 23:37
meh, I'm dissapointed, no info about client and port haha :D

Gapo
19.07.10, 23:45
I wonder what they did to get there so quickly...

shadowww
20.07.10, 00:06
meh, finding a random cheater is not that hard. Think I could do it after few minutes of browsing snatchlists/peerlists without much problem. No phantom wonder scripts needed.

Hush
20.07.10, 00:29

absolutely. kind of "scare the people" because you are not able to detect cheaters. now they try another way ...

Blocker
20.07.10, 18:01

:tongue: The first on the list is a SB-I user

fakeking
21.07.10, 14:46
:tongue: The first on the list is a SB-I user

psst, Is it you? :eek_3:

Blocker
21.07.10, 16:58

No, I think is shadowww :tongue:

anon
21.07.10, 17:44

IP Address Locator - Enter an IP address to find its location - Lookup Country Region City etc (http://www.geobytes.com/ipLocator.htm)

shadowww
21.07.10, 18:21
lol, its not me of course. You wouldn't belive me what ratio I have there, so I will not post it. :D Some careless guy from Thailand if its to judge by IP-s. Not a big deal. To get only one guy in few days is a bit disappointing.

Blocker
21.07.10, 18:23
lol, its not me of course. You wouldn't belive me what ratio I have there, so I will not post it. :D Some careless guy from Thailand if its to judge by IP-s. Not a big deal. To get only one guy in few days is a bit disappointing.

Sorry for the misunderstanding dude! I think it was you!

slikrapid
21.07.10, 19:20
actually its more probable they caught (assuming they haven't made a mistake and banned an 'innocent' user) someone unrelated with sbi, i would say the largest number of caught cheaters have likely made some beginner mistakes whereas those aware of or active on sbi already know how to cheat, have some experience/skills, are more careful and so on, thus rarely getting banned

Grambo
22.07.10, 02:39
There's another one now.