PDA

View Full Version : [Guide] Advanced eMule options and what they do

piratemeister
30.06.10, 11:29
http://img231.imageshack.us/img231/523/opzavanzate.png

No. max new connections per 5 sec
This is the number of new connections that eMule opens in a period of 5 seconds. The default value is 20.

Important:
- Do not change this value if you don't know what are doing ! If you do an error, yuor download will be slow or = 0 !!! :shockkk!:

Maximum number partial connections open
With XP SP2 the max connection is 10. For this in eMule is born this options (default 9).
You can set 50 in windows 2000/ME/98/95, or you can patch your system for increase also in latest operative system. IMHO: Do not change anything ! The speed is always the same. 9 is ok ! :top:

Reject fast connection
Active block users who connect to us 3 times in minutes. You can use it for ban aggressive mod and for don't have problem with router...

Update interval connection to server [min]
Self explanatory. 0 = auto, or set a value in minutes, ONLY in very rare case if eMule often lose server connection for router problems. IMHO: Use 0 ! :top:

Add ed2k links automatically only when eMule is running
From your internet browser, ed2k links will be added on eMule only if it is open. Useful if you use other ed2k clients...

Activate credit system
You will reward uploaders. http://www.sb-innovation.de/showthread.php?threadid=21118

Open / close ports on the firewall in WinXP when you start / close eMule:
eMule is able to automatically open the necessary ports in the internal firewall of Windows XP. This approach further enhances security by not leaving doors open when eMule is closed and opened again when starting.
This setting is available only in Windows XP and only for its internal firewall.
This option will not work correctly with WinXP SP2 RC.

Filters the IP server and client LAN
Sources containing private IP class A (10.0.0.0 - 10.255.255.255), B (172.16.0.0 - 172.31.255.255), C (192.168.0.0 - 192.168.255.255), localhost (127.0.0.0 - 127 255 255 254) and all IPs that begin with zero (0.xxx) are not valid on the Internet. These sources received from a client with exchange sources or from a server are ignored when filtering is enabled.
IMPORTANT: If you use eMule in a local area network (LAN), you turn this option off or eMule will not be able to find any source from the network.

Show more controls (advanced)
You will see advanced controls of eMule. IMHO: Always bettere active it :top:

Off the research of A4AF to save CPU
Sef Explanatory: eMule will not search A4AF sources, for use less CPU

Turn off automatic previews archive the file details:
Disabling this option when you right click on a file by choosing File Information About Content section and click on the preview will not start automatically archive contents.

Use Host Name for your ed2k links
The ed2k links will be created using your IP, with this other can find you how sources better. IMHO: Not useful. Disable it :top:

Create New File. Part as 'sparse' (NTFS only)
Checking this option will create eMule part files with NTFS compression enabled, so that the file download will occupy only the space of the data actually downloaded.
IMPORTANT: Don't work on windows vista for a bug of operative system

Allocates the entire file size
Example for easies explanation. Normally, if you are downloading a file, eMule will save chunk... if a file 500 MB, and you have 50% of chunk .part will be 250 MB. With this options when you add download, at 0% the size of part is 500 MB. Useful for people wich have size problem.

Check disk space
The size of temporary files to download eMule increases dynamically according to demand. This option controls disk space ensures that the current download can be completely transferred and completed. All files are downloaded to the disk space limit is reached. In future if disk space aument, download will continue. :top:

Writing secure file .met / .dat
In newer operating systems that use the NTFS file system does not need to change this option.
If downloads are repeatedly lost as a result of a crash or closing eMule, the safest method should be tried.
Depending on hardware used, this option can significantly increase disk activity or load on the system or lengthen the time of closing eMule!

Export metadata
This option lets you set whether to extract values like artist, song title, etc. of a MPEG audio files (mp3s are part of it, to give an example) or otherwise. The data will appear in the Meta Data File Information.

Fix the links in the shared folders
If this option is checked, eMule in shared folders check if there are links to other files. If yes this files, will be shared.

Save the log on disk
The log and verbose log will be saved in log folder if their dimension if more than 1 MB.

Thorough registry (additional information)
Activate the verbose log. Useful only at svilupper of eMule. No information will be spread. If you want more information check eMule src ;)

Dynamic Upload
eMule will automatic set a variable upload limit. Depends from your connection upload, eMule will detect it with ping tests.

A guide about the dynamic upload systems:
http://www.sb-innovation.de/showthread.php?threadid=21171

UPnP
eMule will auto open ports for have high ID if yuor router support this system

Buffer Size File
It 's the maximum size of the buffer where the files are allocated temporarily before being written to disk. If eMule will write fast, will use more CPU, for that I use the max value. But in case of crash you can lose more data (some MB). Take your choice, I always max :top:. Less CPU use, eMule never crash, and if crash there are not much more lose data.

Queque Size
High queque will use better the credit system. But there is much more CPU use and hoverhead bandwich use !!! IMHO: use 5000 or 4000. Not higher !

Open Preferences.ini
The preferences.ini file contains all parameters and configuration options set in eMule, then any changes to the Options will be saved in this file.

anon
30.06.10, 14:14
Nice work. :top:

Create New File. Part as 'scattered' (NTFS only)

I think you mean "sparse" :tongue: And it'd be nice to have an English screenshot.

Do you plan to write anything on the non-advanced settings? As cheatos pointed out on ICQ to me yesterday, we don't have any tutorial about that, so one would certainly be useful.

piratemeister
30.06.10, 14:20
Hi
I will try now to do a similar screenshot in english :smile:
Yes, I mean sparse, is google transtator error because I write some thing in italian and then translated.

Do you plan to write anything on the non-advanced settings?

You are talking about a Full eMule guide ? Is ok but I need time...

As cheatos pointed out on ICQ to me yesterday, we don't have any tutorial about that, so one would certainly be useful.

Yes, we don't have any guide about emule, only 2 or 3 I seen. And who is cheatos ? I don't have ICQ...

PS: If is needed (more time also) I can write guide also for bad features :D

PS2: I think in next days (or this night...) I will write some thing wich I missing this morning

anon
30.06.10, 14:21
You are talking about a Full eMule guide ? Is ok but I need time...

Cool, take your time, no pressure :smile:

And who is cheatos ? I don't have ICQ...

Our retired coder :biggrin:
http://www.sb-innovation.de/members/cheatos/

piratemeister
30.06.10, 14:26
Ah cheatos, I see his bye bye thread, but I don't know he.
But what to do with this guide and me ?

PS: Added english image. Is a montage, sorry for eventual error, I done my best

anon
30.06.10, 15:43
Ah cheatos, I see his bye bye thread, but I don't know he.
But what to do with this guide and me ?

Nothing, he just happened to comment on how we didn't have a general eMule guide yesterday. :happy:

PS: Added english image. Is a montage, sorry for eventual error, I done my best

Nothing to be sorry about, it looks great :top:

cheatos
30.06.10, 23:24
10x for the tutorial!
nice so far,

if you made it a little earlier, you would have saved anon some time :D
right now eMule has tutorials about the (SB-I leecher mod and things like the fake rank, and this advanced options tut),

it is just missing a n00b guide,

i'll speak for myself, i don't know anything in eMule so a simple guide on basic eMule elements would be very helpful for me and others.

like what are sources(and other eMule expressions), tips for speeds, servers and fake ones info, ipfilters and such things i don't know about :smile:

maybe also you can meantion mods and their differences, advantages over others?
maybe a little more info about the antiLeech feature

anon
30.06.10, 23:26
if you made it a little earlier, you would have saved anon some time :D
right now eMule has tutorials about the (SB-I leecher mod and things like the fake rank, and this advanced options tut)

We already had a tutorial about advanced settings? :unsure:

I think not. Those can be found even in the official mod, they aren't leechers or anything.

cheatos
30.06.10, 23:31
(1)(SB-I leecher mod and things like the fake rank,(2) and this advanced options tut)

i think those are the necessary corrections to my post.
the sb-i leecher mod tut is the text written in butcho's emule thread
and 'this' is about the 'advanced' extended options. :smile:

piratemeister
01.07.10, 09:27
@cheatos:

if you made it a little earlier, you would have saved anon some time

Yes but anon without it done 20.000 + posts :biggrin:

right now eMule has tutorials about the (SB-I leecher mod and things like the fake rank, and this advanced options tut),

Yes, anon done that but I think can be added other features in the "Leecher Features Guide" also present in other mods and not only SBI Leecher.
I think this will be my last tutorial, first is needed original eMule options because I think a lot of user have problem also with that.

it is just missing a n00b guide,

i'll speak for myself, i don't know anything in eMule so a simple guide on basic eMule elements would be very helpful for me and others.

like what are sources(and other eMule expressions), tips for speeds, servers and fake ones info, ipfilters and such things i don't know about

maybe also you can meantion mods and their differences, advantages over others?
maybe a little more info about the antiLeech feature

A n00b guide ? Yes, a tutorial wich explain the "eMule expressions" and a guide for tips and for don't download fake is a really good idea.
About antileech feature, a guide about the different antileecher system is needed. I will do it in future. I only need time.

Thanks for advice, good luck for your study. Byeee... :top:

anon
01.07.10, 20:09
Yes, anon done that but I think can be added other features in the "Leecher Features Guide" also present in other mods and not only SBI Leecher.

I've done mini-guides for the leecher features of every version of Butcho's mod, but posted them on their respective threads, so they always end up buried and hard to find. You could take information from there.

piratemeister
01.07.10, 20:32
I've done mini-guides for the leecher features of every version of Butcho's mod, but posted them on their respective threads, so they always end up buried and hard to find. You could take information from there.

I will do full tutorial for all bad feature. And I will add the difference from other mod (for exaple fakerank: bla bla bla.... in toxic are bla bla bla, and in sbi mod used in bla bla bla).

But I think is better completete first official eMule guide ;)

piratemeister
04.07.10, 08:04
Dynamic upload link, because I can't edit first post (why ?)

http://www.sb-innovation.de/showthread.php?threadid=21171

anon
04.07.10, 17:52
Dynamic upload link, because I can't edit first post (why ?)

You can't edit your posts after 48 hours have passed. Just tell me where I should put the link and I'll add it.

piratemeister
04.07.10, 18:45
Put the link of upload dynamic guide in upload dynamic description if possible. Thanks :top: