PDA

View Full Version : Have you got a pet ?

pyrene
25.06.10, 19:57
Have you got a pet ?
I've got a five years old dog.

hellman
25.06.10, 20:21
use to have 2 german shepherd..but both died..
i loved them alot... they were part of the family... i loved them like i love my family
when they died my heart does'nt allows to bring anymore coz it really hurts when they left u:cry:

Mihai
25.06.10, 21:32
3 cats and 1 dog:tongue:

hellman
25.06.10, 21:35
wow your dog is quit a lucky one:tongue:

Instab
25.06.10, 22:29
3 cats and 1 dog:tongü:

wow your dog is quit a lucky one:tongü:

that depends :lol:

The248
25.06.10, 22:35
no pets here

is it me or someone really wants that member title? :lol:

hellman
25.06.10, 23:08
story of mihai's house

http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/7563/catvsdog.jpg
http://img686.imageshack.us/img686/3549/catvsdogwithlightsabersb.jpg
http://img686.imageshack.us/img686/3761/windogvscat.jpg
http://img576.imageshack.us/img576/2319/dogeatingcat.jpg
http://img576.imageshack.us/img576/2097/catvsdogi.jpg

This one is epic
http://img819.imageshack.us/img819/497/dogvscat.jpg

in this will u will see mihai too:lool:
http://img819.imageshack.us/img819/221/petwars.jpg

yoco
25.06.10, 23:59
I have a dog, Max. He's just little over one year old. Everybody loves him!

Blocker
26.06.10, 00:01
I have 2 dogs

2 bitches Gina and Gala :biggrin:

The first is 3 years old and the second 1 year and a half

hellman
26.06.10, 11:38
I have 2 dogs

2 bitches Gina and Gala :biggrin:

The first is 3 years old and the second 1 year and a half

brothers sisters or married couples???????:biggrin:

Blocker
27.06.10, 05:09
non

both are females

From different mothers LOL :biggrin:

Terrorizer
27.06.10, 07:56
Tomorrow i get an Siberian Husky puppy !!!

Sazzy
27.06.10, 12:27
Tomorrow i get an Siberian Husky puppy !!!

Good luck with that! They're supercute but need shitloads of work xD Prepare yourself to go walking 10 times a day :lol:

cheatos
27.06.10, 13:19
i hate animals, if i saw a cat/dog (pet or wild) my legs freeze,
if it tried to move cutely/aggressively towards me i may kick it! or run away.
i have never touched a pet in my life and never will
also pets will shit in your house, No?. Well they will dirty your house in a way or another, or they will dirt your face if they licked you.

/rant :D

Sazzy
27.06.10, 13:23
also pets will shit in your house, No?. Well they will dirty your house in a way or another, or they will dirt your face if they licked you.

I hope not. Sounds like somebody needs a bit more time training a pet lol:eek13:
Also, you could basically say the say about having a child.

cheatos
27.06.10, 13:28
I hope not. Sounds like somebody needs a bit more time training a pet lol:eek13:

if someone paid me and gave me that pet for free i won't let the pet enter the prohibited radius of my house! :D

Also, you could basically say the say about having a child.

you say that dogs = human babies?
but childeren use diapers, they don't have sex in your house, and their licking is cute and not full of bacteria and viruse, you also wash it easily no need for Detol lol

Sazzy
27.06.10, 13:53
if someone paid me and gave me that pet for free i won't let the pet enter the prohibited radius of my house! :D

my point was that a trained pet doesn't do all the things you summed up. Those things are for bad pet owners only that let their dog run wild and do whatever it wants.

you say that dogs = human babies?
but childeren use diapers, they don't have sex in your house, and their licking is cute and not full of bacteria and viruse, you also wash it easily no need for Detol lol

A dog is exactly like a human baby, yeh. I'm pretty confident that everyone that owns a dog will agree with me. Mind-wise, at least.

Trained dogs don't shit in your house and thus don't need a diaper. Trained dogs don't have sex in your house. Trained dogs don't lick your face.

Oh btw, you might want to read up on the human mouth. The human mouth is disgusting and FULL of bacteria. If you would go around seriously biting people, it would all infect. It has long been noted in the medical literature that human bites are more likely to become infected than those of other mammals, including dogs. (I kid you not!) Though this obviously doesn't mean a dogs mouth is sterile either.

cheatos
27.06.10, 14:00
my point was that a trained pet doesn't do all the things you summed up. Those things are for bad pet owners only that let their dog run wild and do whatever it wants.

my point was i have never trained a pet before so i'm not a good owner nor a bad one :smile:

Trained dogs don't shit in your house and thus don't need a diaper. Trained dogs don't have sex in your house. Trained dogs don't lick your face.

as i said i have no experience with pet-training but judging from TV and such, you can see trained dogs indeed lick your face.

as for the 'sex in the house' part, then where do they do that? in the garden maybe...
or in a private room in Mövenpick ? :biggrin:

about their shit, i can agree with you on this!

Oh btw, you might want to read up on the human mouth. The human mouth is disgusting and FULL of bacteria. If you would go around seriously biting people, it would all infect. It has long been noted in the medical literature that human bites are more likely to become infected than those of other mammals, including dogs. (I kid you not!) Though this obviously doesn't mean a dogs mouth is sterile either.

yes of course, just the same 'amount' or damage as the one from animals?
the unvaccinated dog's bite can cause severe damage which can be healed by a 22 injections as far as i know, i am imagining how 'less' can a vaccinated dog can be..

Sazzy
27.06.10, 14:07
my point was i have never trained a pet before so i'm not a good owner nor a bad one :smile:

I wasn't talking about you, just in general.

as i said i have no experience with pet-training but judging from TV and such, you can see trained dogs indeed lick your face.

That depends on how you train your dog tbh. If you teach it that face licking is bad, it won't do it. If you can teach dogs to look for bombs and drugs, surely you can teach it to not lick your face :lol:

as for the 'sex in the house' part, then where do they do that? in the garden maybe...
or in a private room in Mövenpick ? :biggrin:

Dogs aren't humans :P They don't crave sex like you do ;)

yes of course, just the same 'amount' or damage as the one from animals?
the unvaccinated dog's bite can cause severe damage which can be healed by a 22 injections as far as i know.

You should really vaccinate your dog. Not in case it bites anyone, but you don't want it to get sick and die on you :/

Also, a dog can obviously bite you much harder than a human can. So of course damage-wise it's going to outrank a humans bite. I was merely pointing out that you're more likely to get that wound infected if it was a human bite. (Or so the medical article said!)

cheatos
27.06.10, 14:19
That depends on how you train your dog tbh. If you teach it that face licking is bad, it won't do it. If you can teach dogs to look for bombs and drugs, surely you can teach it to not lick your face

oh yeah right, but it will lick you until you train it not to do that...(<- if i ever got a pet i will have time i guess ..)

They don't crave sex like you do

commenting on this is a double-edged sword so i won't :lol:

Also, a dog can obviously bite you much harder than a human can. So of course damage-wise it's going to outrank a humans bite. I was merely pointing out that you're more likely to get that wound infected if it was a human bite. (Or so the medical article said!)

medical things are such complicated things, yes you can get AIDS(=death) if an infected human bit you!

----------------------

Dogs aren't human

gotcha! :D :D

A dog is exactly like a human baby,

Vuze-Sbi
27.06.10, 14:40
I've had a boxer dog damn I miss him,I'll get new puppy soon again.

Sazzy
27.06.10, 15:27
oh yeah right, but it will lick you until you train it not to do that...(<- if i ever got a pet i will have time i guess ..)

And a baby will keep shitting itself until it's potty trained? At least you can use a mop to clean the floor.

medical things are such complicated things, yes you can get AIDS(=death) if an infected human bit you!

Ever seen that mythbusters episode where they test a sample of the human mouth to see how much bacteria it had? It had more than their toilet seat.

gotcha! :D :D
not really. I said mind-wise, which still stands. Read everything and don't take things out of context! :lol:

Bl4cky
27.06.10, 16:04
1Dog & 1,5Cats xD

kazuya
27.06.10, 16:34
now 3 cats

cheatos
27.06.10, 16:38
At least you can use a mop to clean the floor.

dogs will shit everywhere, on the carpet, on your bed, on your TV, in your car in the kitchen and maybe in your food dish
they can also pee on electronics rendering them unusable, and on curtain, on CDs, on your keyboard, on the cleaned dishes in the kitchen

babies cannot do that, either because they can't climb high, or can't do that damage because of diapers .

also babies' diapers are replaceable, to replace the mop you have to buy another one unless of course you will clean all that using your hands (because you can't put mops in the washing machine!), but which of these solutions are the best?

I myself, if I was a female/mother i'd prefer changing babies diapers rather than mopping and cleaning dogs' pees and shits which are scattered around the house (if not outside it too)

And a baby will keep shitting itself until it's potty trained?

of course, and so you need to train the dog not to do that..
but with all the disadvantages above, mops just won't cut it.

Read everything and don't take things out of context!

Now tell me what have i missed?

A dog is exactly like a human baby, yeh. I'm pretty confident that everyone that owns a dog will agree with me. Mind-wise, at least.

Okay, i will "take things out of context" and will reply to you:

Answer #1:
according to your post:
"Mind-wise" is your key so lets see:
What does it mean to be mind wise? - Yahoo!7 Answers (http://au.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080626015337AA0xtFg)
What is the definition of "wise mind" ? - Yahoo! Answers (http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20070405092825AACFZUM)
mind wise means - Google Search (http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&site=&q=mind+wise+means)

well, uhm...No definte answer, not even on google!,so unfortunately your key word isn't in the right place, now we use the same answer as yours:
"Use words in their correct positions"

Answer #2:
if we took mind as 'brain or thinking' and wise as: 'have a great knowledge/experience'
then sorry again, mind-wise people can see the difference between these two pictures:

http://cas.bellarmine.edu/tietjen/Laboratories/Bio%20Pix%204%20U/human%20skel.gif
http://accad.osu.edu/~hcaprett/images/ac790_mo_cap/dog-skeleton3.jpg

then:

A dog is exactly like a human baby
no they are not.

Thats if we want to play the "Read" game.

however anyone who reads your post can understand how little puppies need their "mother" for milk, heat, protection, some training and defense and mayber other 'extra care' i don't know/care about.

Best Regards.

Sazzy
27.06.10, 17:15
You're just discussing to discuss now.

You're taking things all wrong and just started making ridiculous arguments now. It's indeed obvious you never owned a dog before. Your conclusion also makes it clear that you still don't understand what I'm saying. Or at least refuse to. Discussion is hereby over. :3

PS: wouldn't want to be your wife since you don't even seem to be planning on taking care of the baby at all or help clean up after the dog.

Best Regards.

cheatos
27.06.10, 17:19
You're just discussing to discuss now.

i'm replying to your easily thrown "Read" word.

Your conclusion also makes it clear that you still don't understand what I'm saying. Or at least refuse to.

you must be talking about yourself,
i can see you are not able able to reply to my post which makes you incapable of using the "Read" word so i'm requesting you politely to think before bashing other's posts.

EDIT:

PS: wouldn't want to be your wife since you don't even seem to be planning on taking care of the baby at all or help clean up after the dog.

where have I said anything about you "to be my wife" ??

i was talking about myself, here i quote it again for you: (aka Read my post)

((((-->I<--)))))) myself, if I was a female/mother i'd prefer changing babies diapers rather than mopping and cleaning dogs' pees and shits which are scattered around the house (if not outside it too)

inyourface
28.06.10, 18:52
dont have a pet, but i want :)

tokiodrift1
28.06.10, 19:19
look how cute he is...

http://img408.imageshack.us/img408/1907/defdd.jpg

hellman
29.06.10, 01:16
non

both are females

From different mothers LOL :biggrin:
so then bitches r lesbians:eek13:lol

ontopic now: u said u have 2 dogs and 2 bitches ..check your post:confused:

Snitlev
29.06.10, 01:43
my Pet is in my dreams it's a niightmare a werewolf ^^

hellman
09.07.10, 13:32
werewolf ^^

werewolf are supposed to b human..what r u getting at:lol:

Extraterrestrial
09.07.10, 22:57
I have two cats and four kitties :cool2:

hellman
09.07.10, 23:07
I have two cats and four kitties :cool2:

wanna buy a dog then?????:biggrin:

Extraterrestrial
09.07.10, 23:19
wanna buy a dog then?????

I was having one but it kept disturbing our guests and neighbors so i sold it plus it wasn't a pet, it was a monster :biggrin:

Ticko
09.07.10, 23:39
i have a 6 month old baby cheagle...shes the sweetest best dog in the world :)

hellman
10.07.10, 00:41
I was having one but it kept disturbing our guests and neighbors so i sold it plus it wasn't a pet, it was a monster :biggrin:

actually i was asking to buy it so that he can take care of your cats n kitties:lol:

Extraterrestrial
10.07.10, 00:55
actually i was asking to buy it so that he can take care of your cats n kitties

huh, if I bought a dog, i would buy it to kill the male. Every four months or so, he does horrible things:biggrin: to my cat and leaves her and me with 6-8 kitties :shockkk!:

Sb Lover
29.08.10, 22:20
I haven't at the moment ! all my pets are dead !

Großmutter
29.08.10, 22:23
I have dog!

Cerberus
30.08.10, 01:16
Yes, I have 2 cats/kittens. :top:

Epilow
31.08.10, 08:56
I have had a gray fluffy persian cat for the last ten years named Sonny (he really looks like a mafia-cat) and 2 years ago when we moved a stray black kitten started showing up behind our door, so we started to feed him.....and now he stays with us aswell :D

LiD3
03.09.10, 12:55
I've got 3 cats. They're not exactly pets as they go in and out even for days as they please!

Khilandros
05.09.10, 00:34
I have a cat that is 11 months old, he's a grey tabby :)

jacksbi
06.09.10, 18:09
I dont have any pets

I have 3 fish tanks

I have a aquarium(fish tank) with gold fishes

The other tank contains of wild fishes and the last one is for fighter

yoco
06.09.10, 23:33
My sister had like 5 gold fishes a few years back, after a while they all died :D

Sb Lover
16.09.10, 00:13
My sister had like 5 gold fishes a few years back, after a while they all died :D

I had 5 canaries (birds) + 3 goldfinch + 8 gold fishes + one dog
they all died !

expect the dog he runway !

wossy666
16.09.10, 20:16
I have a cat, :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Pyratheon
18.09.10, 14:44
I don't have a pet yet but I thought about getting a dog for a while now. The problem is, I don't have enough time to spend with a dog so getting one wouldn't benefit either one of us - me or the pet.

donkeykong
19.09.10, 01:03
I have a dog, she's around 6 years old, her name's venus

balage
20.09.10, 23:04
I have got three parrots.

redracer
27.09.10, 16:50
Yes, a pretty little Blue and White Male Budgie that will bite anyone that try to mishandle it. Its just turned 4 the other night.

Hush
28.09.10, 00:27
actually : no.

i prefer animals on a plate with side order :D

yoman
06.11.10, 19:48
i hate pets...

ParamouR
06.11.10, 21:26
I have a parrot in my other house. Though I don't like it my sweety pie does! :)

Anonym
07.11.10, 10:49
I have a beautiful cat

memento
08.11.10, 08:58
I got a cat but it ran away!!!

anon
08.11.10, 13:19
I got a cat but it ran away!!!

:lol:

Master Razor
02.11.12, 22:51
I've got 3 cats. One is Birman, one is Russian Blue and the other I really don't know.

yoco
02.11.12, 23:52
Are those names or?

:confused:

Master Razor
02.11.12, 23:54
Are those names or?

:confused:

No, its their breed.

yoco
03.11.12, 00:02
I thought so. It felt weird you wouldn't know the name of your cat! :smile:

Master Razor
03.11.12, 00:08
I had 5 cats until this summer. One died in august while the other in September.
They died of old age. I'm sorry I couldn't do anything about it.

yoco
03.11.12, 00:12
Yea, it sucks knowing you can't do anything! :frown:

DarkSaibot v.1.3.10
03.11.12, 00:37
i have one "mutant" chiuaua dog :D
planning to get another this one :

anon
03.11.12, 02:57
I'm a cat lover, but also allergic and my house is just a bit bigger than this post... so to answer the thread's question, no.

Master Razor
03.11.12, 17:47
I'm a cat lover, but also allergic and my house is just a bit bigger than this post... so to answer the thread's question, no.
Too bad, anon. I love it when they purr, you know? At night, I watch a movie in bed and my cats all come and stay on me. They're so warm and start to purr.. wonderful feeling.

DarkSaibot v.1.3.10
06.11.12, 22:03
i think your are talking about the cats in 2 legs :P :))

never liked cats because i heard that cats hair is very dangerous for human

Master Razor
06.11.12, 23:10
never liked cats because i heard that cats hair is very dangerous for human
So what are we gonna do? Stop loving them?
I heard the same thing but what to do? I took these cats from the street when they were very little. Couldn't let them die out there...

slikrapid
07.11.12, 01:11
i heard that cats hair is very dangerous for human

where did you hear that? afaik what may be problematic regarding cats:

- swallowing their hair & co. (could happen to little children)
- having an allergy to their hair (minority of humans, an increasing new-age issue - similar to most allergies)
- getting a disease from them (free-roaming cats, dirty habitats)
- infection from wounds inflicted by cats
- sleeping at cat-chosen locations (supposedly not human-friendly, energy-wise)

other than these mostly minor issues, cats are pretty clean animals and make good pets

DarkSaibot v.1.3.10
07.11.12, 13:24
@Master Razor

i understand the felling and i have a few friends with cats at home so i'm not against the cats..just that i'm a little phobic about them if i let them in my bad or room..beside that ..it's ok ...just because like slikrapid had mentioned you could swallowing their hair & co if you let them in the same room where you live - sleep

hellman
08.11.12, 16:11
i have SBFreak :biggrin:

SilkTouch
14.12.12, 06:36
I have a dog, named "CHUNGKINGOSAURUS".
He doesn't respond to commands :(

yoco
14.12.12, 12:34
My dog only responds when he sees I have a snack for him. Then he's like the best dog ever :biggrin:

SealLion
15.12.12, 15:23
Apparently, and as far as I know in some countries it is legal to have a seal as a pet. Neat huh??
But you can imagine the amount of money you would have to spend. A tank, water, fresh fish everyday, probably scuba gear so you can go for a swim with your pet, etc..

boytjie
16.12.12, 12:00
My dog Thomas :)

Smiths
20.12.12, 15:15
Having grown up without pets I find having pets to be an intriguing and uncanny thought. That being said I may love to have a pet but don't know it yet.

SealLion
24.12.12, 03:29
Having grown up without pets I find having pets to be an intriguing and uncanny thought. That being said I may love to have a pet but don't know it yet.

Hi. :smile:

Have you ever met people or friends with pets?? What was your response to them if so?? I've had pets in my life before and I can't say enough how much I loved them. My last pet I loved so much it was heart breaking for me to have her given up. Unfortunately, circumstances were far beyond my personal control at the time to control the situation.

Pets are wonderful creatures to have. I would opine that having animals as pets around can reduce personal stress, probably reduce blood pressure as a positive consequence to controlling one's stress, and if taken care of and shown love by thier owners, the animals will reciprocate same.

They might cost some money to look after but the rewards far outweigh any monetary considerations.

JUst visit your local pet store or your local SPCA (if you have this same organization where you are).

EDIT: I'm one of the few animals on this board and sometimes Snitlev think's I"m his pet.

hellman
24.12.12, 21:54
took these cats from the street when they were very little. Couldn't let them die out there...

:top: wow... hats off brother

roberto1972
26.12.12, 05:02
I have eight years old dog from the street and three years old cat (not from the street :wink2:). Both are very intelligent.

kelly
27.12.12, 20:22
I had a dog and it came to our house when i was a kid .. literally we both grew together . It was with us for almost 10 years and died due to cancer :( . No pets from there on ..

hellman
12.01.13, 14:05
No pets from there on ..

i know d feeling bro... same here.. when i was a kid i had a german shepherd baby :) .. after 6 years he died due to some disease .. doctors couldn't cured it :( palm was double the size of average shepherds.. well i bought another dog from my evil school teacher.. she used to beat him alot... he was just skinny.. just bones .. no sign of muscles anywhere.. poor thing was not given any food n was kept in the dark.. i still remember he was frightened of everything .. even a kid or mouse.. :dabs: but within a week he mixed up with me pretty well.. on 1st day he ate food like he's never seen food n milk in his life.. i still remember the the glowing happiness in his eyes ... he was just 6 months old ,,, after 2 months he was healthier than the average german shepherds :D
n my evil teacher came again to get the Caesar back :dabs: she was willing to pay 20 times i gave to her... her last was 25 .. but i refused .. he was part of the family n i loved him n he was more than happy here plus i know what she would have done with him if i gave him back..

but he suffered the same disease n after 3 years with me he was gone.. he was in pretty bad condition.. we did all we coulld.. it was really unbearable to see him like that .. i felt pretty helpless .. when i came back to school he was just waiting for me n died in my hands...

then we never brought any pet.. i want to but mom won't let me cuz it hurts really when they leave u.. imo that's life i guess .. i still want to have a doggie very badly coz i feel my home is still incomplete without a dog :)

InvitePlz
31.01.13, 06:24
no pet since i moved to uk

Algarius
01.02.13, 19:34
3 small dogs, not very bright but they have a lot of personality

SomeGuy
02.02.13, 09:42
Two cats, opposite nature, one friendly and one afraid of people. One aggressive (the afraid), and one very kind. One siamese, and the other a race I do not know.

Algarius
02.02.13, 11:34
Here's a pet naming tip, NEVER let your mom name your pets to your and your siblings' family nick names. I never know who's calling who now in the house.

EnigmaT
02.02.13, 22:52
Two cats, opposite nature, one friendly and one afraid of people. One aggressive (the afraid), and one very kind. One siamese, and the other a race I do not know.

Same here!

Only that one is Persian and the other is siamese. The siamese one is more like a dog then a cat and the poor persian cat always loses on "fights"

SomeGuy
03.02.13, 14:00
The best pet is having a baby :D

Master Razor
03.02.13, 20:34
Can he do tricks?:biggrin:

I never know who's calling who now in the house.
Funny s:klatsch_3:

Yakian
13.02.13, 16:58
Only pet I ever had was a bird when I was like 6, one night I forgot to bring it inside and I found it dead the next day. I still don't understand how he died

bgli100
03.03.13, 13:50
used to have a carrot, two cats and a few fish...

mafiadosidosos
30.03.13, 18:35
7 cats here. One is a Persian, the rest have no breed.

hopper
06.05.13, 19:31
1 cat
2 horses

Yuuki
07.05.13, 18:20
When i was six years old, i had a smart dog, but i haven't got a pet now.

SealLion
08.05.13, 09:50
I never, ever, ever let Snitlev hold me on a leash.

Snitlev
08.05.13, 13:37
Yes, SealLion is my favorite Pet forever :P

mammamia11
09.05.13, 05:13
never had one, will never have :)

cocrodille
09.05.13, 16:08
To get a dog would be the best thing in the world, even better if it's golden retriever

SealLion
09.05.13, 23:58
never had one, will never have :)

How come mammamia11? Allergies??

almogbla
15.05.13, 18:53
beautiful white Persian cat named "Bell"

khangiskhan
22.07.13, 02:35
Gold fish - interesting this I learnt from watching Odd Thomas
Fish - sleep, eat and poop in same place.