PDA

View Full Version : Do you have a facebook account ?

pyrene
24.06.10, 20:28
How many people here have an account on facebook and how many friends have you got on it ?

anon
24.06.10, 20:28
Accounts: -1
"Friends": 0

Threads you have created today: 4

hellman
24.06.10, 20:31
yup i have 1 and 4 post too:tongue:

anonftw
24.06.10, 20:36
I have a fake one with 12 friends.

slikrapid
24.06.10, 21:00
0:0

and i'll quote a youtube discussion between 2 politicians:

you're just jealous because i have a facebook account with 15000 friends on it :superior grin:

but those aren't your friends! :biggrin:

Vuze-Sbi
24.06.10, 21:09
There are some things money can't buy

Accounts: -1
"Friends": 0

Threads you have created today: 4

For everything else, there's MasterCard :D

Mihai
24.06.10, 21:24
Nope i dont' and i'm not interested in making one too soon.

Instab
24.06.10, 21:35
let's add a poll :D

Blocker
24.06.10, 23:27
I have one facebook account

129 friends (acquaintances)

system28
25.06.10, 01:49
I have!

And many "friends" are DJs of my town..so i know who/where is on the turntables

hazz030
25.06.10, 04:07
no i don't have one and probably never will.
i don't need it because i have no friends

Blocker
25.06.10, 04:19
no i don't have one and probably never will.
i don't need it because i have no friends

An anti-social guy ahh :tongue:

zmist
25.06.10, 05:08
hav an one valid and a fake acc....
158 frnds

Uninvited2611
25.06.10, 06:58
It seems that Sbi-ers don't like Facebook much :).
I have one with around 400 friends.

Snitlev
25.06.10, 07:59
No, I haven't an account, I haven't time ;-) SB-I is enough :tongue:

yoco
25.06.10, 10:18
I don't have a facebook account, and i can say for sure I'll never have one! :biggrin:

dreamer
25.06.10, 14:39
don't have an account.
IMO it's too time consuming (looking at my friends that all they do is check other "friends" status all day long)
it's really interesting to see more than 50% of SBi don't use facebook!

anon
25.06.10, 16:53
An anti-social guy ahh :tongue:

Not taking the time to build a large virtual "friend" list on some Internet site isn't being anti-social.

Blocker
25.06.10, 23:30
Well my facebook friend list is real

I know all my contacts :tongue:

revengeofweed
26.06.10, 06:45
1 valid and 1 fake too. it's quite good.

Grambo
26.06.10, 13:46
No account.
Never will open one either.

hazz030
28.06.10, 10:25
i don't see the reason to use this overhyped and overrated twitter, facebook, myspace etc shit.
this something for school girls but not for real men

Sazzy
28.06.10, 12:41
It's usually overhyped for a reason.

hazz030
28.06.10, 13:41
which reason`?

Sazzy
28.06.10, 13:45
already a discussion about that here (http://www.sb-innovation.de/f238/how-use-facebook-not-too-insecure-way-20389/#post204513)

inyourface
28.06.10, 17:51
yes, if i dont im not up to date with whats happening :p partys, events etc...

Instab
28.06.10, 18:36
yes, if i dont im not up to date with whats happening :p partys, events etc...

i wonder how people were able to manage their spare time before facebook :P

Sazzy
28.06.10, 18:43
times change :P Life becomes more hectical etc etc blablabla :P

also, it's not because a way of managing existed, that newer ways are worse or should not be thought of. it was only to be expected with the internet and stuff

Instab
28.06.10, 19:06

hehehe, good one :D

also, it's not because a way of managing existed, that newer ways are worse or should not be thought of.

sure, never said that

it was only to be expected with the internet and stuff

trü

Terrorizer
28.06.10, 19:11
I have an account for now one year and at the moment until 100 friends on it !!!
...funny thing :smile:

Blocker
29.06.10, 04:48
i wonder how people were able to manage their spare time before facebook :P

also, it's not because a way of managing existed, that newer ways are worse or should not be thought of. it was only to be expected with the internet and stuff

I also can imagine the world without cell phones and internet :tongue:

Sazzy
29.06.10, 04:49
It's probably better with cellphones and internet though.

Don't touch my phone! O:

Blocker
29.06.10, 04:53
Yeap to much better

Look up for information is easier now and communication borders are closer as the time pass,We live in "The Information Era"

spyn
01.07.10, 04:58
i dont have one. i dont see a reason to use it

desodorante
02.07.10, 01:42
I do, I have around 100 people that I barely talk to or even like :tongue:, In fact I changed my name so no one will find me :biggrin:
99% of its use is to play some games

piratemeister
05.07.10, 08:56
No, I don't have FakeBook account.

fakeking
05.07.10, 12:57
I don't have it but if someone can find good girl from there for me I might try it :tongue:

Sazzy
05.07.10, 13:00
I don't have it but if someone can find good girl from there for me I might try it :tongue:

Are you saying you don't know a single girl irl that has facebook?

fakeking
05.07.10, 13:12
Facebook is a must for every girl (with some exception). I was being sarcasm atm, Sazzy.

RCL0000ZK
05.07.10, 18:42
Facebook accounts = 0
Friends =0

anon
05.07.10, 19:32
Friends =0

You have no friends? That's sad... even I have some...

Sazzy
05.07.10, 19:33
You have no friends? That's sad... even I have some...

Poor anon. Wanna be friends?

anon
05.07.10, 19:34
You should tell that to RCL0000ZK, not me. :lol:

Sazzy
05.07.10, 19:34
But... Nobody wants to be friends with the guy that has no friends :lol:

anon
05.07.10, 19:35
They should get to know him better first and find out he's actually cool, etc.

Blocker
05.07.10, 19:35
Facebook accounts = 0
Friends =0

C'mon everyone in this world have friends

A Humans being is a social animal

Sazzy
05.07.10, 19:39

people are generally more shallow though.

piratemeister
05.07.10, 19:39
And also

If you want add me to your friend. Now you have 1 friend ! :biggrin:

kazuya
05.07.10, 19:54

well there can be cool guys that nobody likes,most people are same,they don't like something "different"

TempHK01
27.07.10, 19:19
I have it but I don't like it very much

Khraba
02.08.10, 13:11
I have one but I log in once a month or less

Breaker
09.08.10, 00:09
I don't have an account and I don't what to have one because I don't trust Facebook compagny ! It's more intrusive than a Spyware...

Sazzy
09.08.10, 07:30
I don't have an account and I don't what to have one because I don't trust Facebook compagny ! It's more intrusive than a Spyware...

I really, really don't understand why people seem to think that facebook is making people input a lot of private data. They're not. All they're asking for is your name and email, and even those can be fake. You can put on there just how much as you think is safe.

Instab
09.08.10, 08:15
I really, really don't understand why people seem to think that facebook is making people input a lot of private data. They're not. All they're asking for is your name and email, and even those can be fake. You can put on there just how much as you think is safe.

absolutely right. it's just that most people are not very careful and that's what facebook and some other companies are making money with. but let me emphasize that it's the member's fault alone!

the poll is quite close btw :D

Blocker
09.08.10, 19:34

I agree with you ,Facebook never ask for personal information

If you wanna share personal info ,it's up to you!!

Rokter
11.08.10, 20:16
I made one a while ago, when a friend had forced me to do so, haven't been on it since.

Lucius1
11.08.10, 21:17
I deleted my account recently ... I like to talk with my friends on my phone more and meet them somewhere, than post/read personal stuff that shouldn't be posted/read.

wolverine53
16.08.10, 10:53
I have an account of spankbook, way better than FB in terms of .... Anyway, let's not say that :)

Master Razor
17.08.10, 19:57
I don't have an account there but definitely I won't make one. I never liked social sites such as hi5, facebook, twitter etc. People are so preoccupied in telling what are they doing now, where are they etc. You know? And their so called friends look at the pics and give very useful comments like "oo that's hot!" or "add me as your friend plz". Seriously, these aren't real friends. How many of these friends will stand by you when you are in need of something? Or, if you're in hospital, how many will come to see you? They are just your chat-buddies and nothing else. Just my humble 2 cents. Hope i didn't upset anyone.

Sazzy
17.08.10, 20:43
Razor, I would rather say that these sites were made to keep in contact with your real friends and have a supereasy way to do the things you named.

I think they succeed pretty well in doing this. The misuse is imho a sad thing and I would say the fingers should be pointed at the userbase rather than anyone else. And it's probably hard to beat, being the internet, but if everyone would just not accept strangers, that would already change things a lot and these would probably get a better reputation because of it

I deleted my account recently ... I like to talk with my friends on my phone more and meet them somewhere, than post/read personal stuff that shouldn't be posted/read.

phones quickly cost a lot of money and ppl should decide for themselves what to post in a public place. It's like talking to your friend on the bus. People are bound to hear what you are talking about, it's really not that different from the internet

PS: Who was it again that said "Privacy is dead" ?

Instab
17.08.10, 21:07
phones quickly cost a lot of money

many countries have flat rate offers for landlines

It's like talking to your friend on the bus. People are bound to hear what you are talking about, it's really not that different from the internet

except that it's unlikely that the talk from the bus can be seen or heard around the world. not to mention the fact that it's logged and people can save it.

Sazzy
17.08.10, 23:45
People still get landlines :stupid:? The only reason they offer flat rates is because landlines are imho highly inferiour and you'd double your monthly cost from having both cellphone and landline subscriptions.

Okay so audiences were smaller in the old days than today. That's only natural when you go to a worldeconomy rather than a small one that exists just in your town. That just reflects into other things like for instance facebook talks. Distances just don't exist anymore. It is a good argument, Instab, but I'm afraid we've just evolved past that. (even though facebook isn't worldwide unles you'd put your profile one free for all)

As for the logging, everyone has a cellphone now-a-days. I'm pretty sure I can safely say that's a fact. Even the crappier 10 year old ones have voice recording possibilities. A talk on the bus can just as easily be saved and spread around as something on facebook if you really wanted to.

I find it funny, I never really gave it much thought but after this thread, it's almost like people are super paranoid about facebook but not about real life (while plenty, or dare I say, even more can go wrong there too)

Instab
18.08.10, 05:42
People still get landlines :stupid:? The only reason they offer flat rates is because landlines are imho highly inferiour and you'd double your monthly cost from having both cellphone and landline subscriptions.

well, landlines are much more reliable (also depending on your location) and if you own a house you might need all kinds of stuff like a telephone system, multiple numbers, some extra features for a home office and whatever. not to mention the needs of companies.
phone stuff aside you definitely need 'real' cables for internet. mobile inet just sucks :P

It is a good argument, Instab, but I'm afraid we've just evolved past that.

not all of us. actually a not too small part of my work is security related and i can assure you that not all private persons as well as companies are so happy about the possibilities the internet offers.

(even though facebook isn't worldwide unles you'd put your profile one free for all)

not what i meant. anyhow it can't be compared to the talk in the bus in any way

As for the logging, everyone has a cellphone now-a-days. I'm pretty sure I can safely say that's a fact. Even the crappier 10 year old ones have voice recording possibilities. A talk on the bus can just as easily be saved and spread around as something on facebook if you really wanted to.

sure but who dös that?
the point is that whatever i post in social networks is logged there and can be read anytime and anywhere. my possibly recorded talk in the bus would have been written down and posted somewhere first. then the post location would have to have the same visitor count as facebook or something. highly unlikely.

I find it funny, I never really gave it much thought but after this thread, it's almost like people are super paranoid about facebook but not about real life (while plenty, or dare I say, even more can go wrong there too)

of course they are and for good reason. as mentioned above posted stuff is available world wide in an instant. but the rant about my neighbour in the cafe will most likely never be spread wider then a few miles.

biren
22.08.10, 12:10
Yep i have facebook of course

Sb Lover
25.08.10, 18:57
I heve one ! facebook today is necessary like Email

Whiplash
26.08.10, 17:08
Hell no! Don't like that sort of things.

Sazzy
27.08.10, 05:52
well, landlines are much more reliable (also depending on your location) and if you own a house you might need all kinds of stuff like a telephone system, multiple numbers, some extra features for a home office and whatever. not to mention the needs of companies.
phone stuff aside you definitely need 'real' cables for internet. mobile inet just sucks :P

Somehow my landline sucked so I cancelled it. Half of the time the phone didn't even ring. I'll stick with my reliable cellphone. The only place in this country people don't have 4 out of 5 bars is some borderline city with 20 ppl living there or something.

Our internet is also via cable, which I much prefer over telephone lines. (At least in this country)

not all of us. actually a not too small part of my work is security related and i can assure you that not all private persons as well as companies are so happy about the possibilities the internet offers.

Evolution has something to do with happiness? :unsure:
<sarcasm> Oh no! Stuff has gotten far too easy. This internet has far too many possibilities making my life so easy!</sarcasm>

not what i meant. anyhow it can't be compared to the talk in the bus in any way

It can, you just don't want to see it. It's just on a bigger scale.

sure but who does that?
the point is that whatever i post in social networks is logged there and can be read anytime and anywhere. my possibly recorded talk in the bus would have been written down and posted somewhere first. then the post location would have to have the same visitor count as facebook or something. highly unlikely.

IIRC, some minister lost his job a while back because he was carrying "secret" documents around and rather than keep the printed side against his side, he kept the white side of the paper against his body. No one could obviously read the papers since he was just walking by. However, some paparazzi took a random picture of the minister and, cameras now-a-days being pretty awesome, you could clearly read everything on the document. This was put into the newspaper and the next day this minister had to go job hunting. Yay. You could say that in a way, he posted the document on facebook as the entire country knew about it the evening of that same day.

Anyway, what makes you think that in case your bus talk is interesting enough, people wouldn't write it down and post it somewhere that a lot of ppl read or see (newspaper, news, ...) ? Even these "local" media tend to spread to other countries if the news is big enough. A few years back, I noticed Brittain news talking about "The Belgian Joker", which surprised me as it was something local and not exactly "world news". Saying unimportant stuff like "my neighbour sucks" on the bus or on facebook is hardly a matter anyone cares about. So even if it's logged on facebook, nobody gives a sh*t that it is, in fair honesty. Long story short, if your offline life isn't interesting enough to follow around, your online life probably isn't either.

You're also forgetting that the facebook visitor count is not an accurate number for your page visitor count. I have never, and I really mean never, gone to some facebook page of someone I don't know and started reading through their messages. What kind of weirdo would do this in the first place?

And no. It CAN'T be read anytime or anywhere. That's what privacy settings are for. If you don't want your neighbour to know you hate him

Don't add him to your facebook
If you can't follow rules and you have added him, block him from seeing this post of you hating him
Block "friends" that would tell the neighbour too
Maybe you should just keep your mouth shut and not gossip about your neighbour. That way he won't find out you don't like him, either

I really don't understand why you're going through such great lengths to prove that facebook and generally the internet is the devil. It's not, just use it correctly. If you do, privacy on facebook and reality become quite a bit closer.

of course they are and for good reason. as mentioned above posted stuff is available world wide in an instant. but the rant about my neighbour in the cafe will most likely never be spread wider then a few miles.

No offence, but if you post this rant on facebook, I doubt your visitor-base will be worldwide either. Unless you're so f*cking awesome that the entire world wants to be your friend and stalks you on facebook

As a side note, it doesn't matter that this happens in an instant. If I want the world to know something big, I'd get it out there. If that would take me 1 second or 3 days is completely irrelevant.

While this rant on facebook may make ppl read it and you'd spread it more than a few miles, you know that you are going to and in this case, nobody will care and you will have successfully wasted 5 minutes of their lives. Your rant about your neighbour might just spread more than a few miles if it was actually interesting, for instance if you say that you are going to kill him rather than just hate him and the next day you do or whatever, something like that.

Instab
27.08.10, 17:50
on a wider perspective i recommend the film "Shadow Government". for reasons i can't disclose i can assure you that all what is said in that movie and all what i said can be done and is done day for day.

i never said the internet is evil. on the contrary i love it but people tend to act careless with personal data and the possiblities because of the internet are just on a whole other level than 20 years ago

Sazzy
27.08.10, 20:32
i never said the internet is evil. on the contrary i love it but people tend to act careless with personal data and the possiblities because of the internet are just on a whole other level than 20 years ago

Oh, I thought you were being complete anti-facebook/internet there for a while, while in reality you were just pointing out to be careful which in the end is something ppl should do in real life too. Well nevermind me then :3

Instab
28.08.10, 01:41
Oh, I thought you were being complete anti-facebook/internet there for a while, while in reality you were just pointing out to be careful which in the end is something ppl should do in real life too. Well nevermind me then :3

no problem at all. it's always good to have multiple perspectives :happy:

786KHURRAM
28.08.10, 23:24
No, I have not an account, I have not time :)

bernardosgr
28.08.10, 23:37
I haven't got any accounts in any social networks.... I despise such things.

memento
08.11.10, 08:12
I don't have one.

ParamouR
08.11.10, 08:43
I have an account on FB but I never use it, and soon would be deleting it just because its not safe there. I think Tagged is better

Shelter
08.11.10, 11:11
I have 3 account's ...1.it's full,2.to accept more people.3.only for true friends!

anon
08.11.10, 12:12
and soon would be deleting it just because its not safe there.

As much as I don't like social networks, they're as safe as you let them be... if you give them all your data and pictures, and make them visible to everyone, it's your fault, in the end. Stay safe and be careful with what you do. And remember, there's no such thing as "deleting" an account there - information remains in their servers for a long period of time, and may still be present in backups even if truly purged. I hope I gave you some piece of mind!

Gapo
08.11.10, 12:28
FB is good to meet new people, get new contacts, etc. Not to mention stay up to date with events, friends, bdays and the list goes on.

Shelter
08.11.10, 15:22
...my 90% from work's im getting from FB...it's good for pubblicity!

pimphead07
08.11.10, 16:35
Recently deleted my account because i started feeling more insecure. Facebook's weird privacy handling do little to make me feel otherwise :unsure:

miinimaL
08.11.10, 22:17
I own one with 400 friends ~300 i realy know the other have added me don't ask why -.-
And I got a friend from school which allways checks his messages posts etc. in facebook during the school with his phone all day long ...
I can't understand him

yoco
09.11.10, 15:50
Wanna ask a question guys! Is it true that if you delete your account everything stays on facebook? Your information, pictures, ...

Resurrection
09.11.10, 16:45
Wanna ask a question guys! Is it true that if you delete your account everything stays on facebook? Your information, pictures, ...

The answer to your question is actually on this page... post #76

Gapo
09.11.10, 16:50
Not that FB has any business in keeping your information and stuff, but they do.

SSJ5
09.11.10, 19:56
Have an acc since 2008. Didn't use it for personal stuff back then though.

ryggerz998
17.12.10, 18:24
yes i have facebook :)

ParamouR
17.12.10, 18:47
As much as I don't like social networks, they're as safe as you let them be... if you give them all your data and pictures, and make them visible to everyone, it's your fault, in the end. Stay safe and be careful with what you do. And remember, there's no such thing as "deleting" an account there - information remains in their servers for a long period of time, and may still be present in backups even if truly purged. I hope I gave you some piece of mind!

At-least by deleting we can be sure that no one from outside can hack/misuse my account. If still anything happens we can easily blame FB and file a case against them if my details are leaked which I don't believe could happen. Anyhow I'm not a celebrity as such that I care if my details are revealed as barely anything I have shown out there on their servers with my Elite proxies turned on they can't even log my IP's as such :gninja:

PS: Though I know the proxies thing is out of the question here :starwars:

peepin
25.12.10, 07:14
Don't like social network because they always leak personal data .

Styloo
27.01.11, 23:20
One account with only knowed person (556)

SaintShaolin
28.01.11, 05:30
Yes, I do. And I stalk people on FB. Beware! :D

ErRor
28.01.11, 12:04
i do have an account too
im looking to find hellman account there so i can report him XD

anon
28.01.11, 16:48
Yes, I do. And I stalk people on FB. Beware! :D

People foolish enough to add you as a friend. :lol:

tonzon
09.02.11, 16:19
Duh... YEAH!

elelaa
11.02.11, 01:25
i have one but i don't use it

Blazedog
26.02.11, 12:20
I have and visit few times in week

Pickle
27.02.11, 23:02
I don't like it. So i don't have one.

nintenpig
28.02.11, 03:10
Yes, but never use it.

Master Razor
02.11.12, 21:54
I don't have an account and probably I'll never have.

Jello
09.11.12, 13:07
Yes but rarely give it a visit.

Rourke
11.11.12, 19:38
I've pondered the idea of creating one but I figured I don't really need it. I'm too old for these shenanigans plus most of my friends don't use one neither.