PDA

View Full Version : Do u still use public trackers and why????

hellman
23.06.10, 20:36
y do u still use public trackers when u had private trackers(if u had)????:biggrin:

Mihai
23.06.10, 20:39
If you count demonoid then yes.If not then no because they are not that safe and because i have so many trackers to chose from:tongue:

hellman
23.06.10, 20:41
If you count demonoid then yes.If not then no because they are not that safe and because i have so many trackers to chose from:tongue:

well check the poll options:rolleyes:

anon
23.06.10, 21:18
Yes, for rare stuff I can't find on private ones, such as old movies. I don't care about speeds as long as they aren't below 5kB/s or something.

slikrapid
23.06.10, 21:53
of course, regardless of private tracker's advantages there will always be some stuff available only on public ones (or elsewhere, like hosters) or more generally because of private tracker's disadvantages

yoco
23.06.10, 22:36
I mostly use TPB! Find most torrents there :biggrin:

Vuze-Sbi
23.06.10, 22:46
I use for some rare movies and retro stuff.

Grambo
23.06.10, 23:00
I use one.
Rockbox is not on the list.
Because of the great selection of Black Metal.

Blocker
24.06.10, 00:07
I voted"I don't use any public tracker..private tracker r my life and i don't want to look back"

The speeds are really bad ,

Sometimes I use Demonoid when I'm looking for rare stuff but there's also Warez forums where you can find old or rare stuff :smile:

Sazzy
24.06.10, 02:59
I use torrentz and thepiratebay. I get movies, tv shows and games from private sources, for simple apps I'm often quicker and better off with a public one. Especially if you want a specified type of app. (Like in your language for example)

Just wanted to note that the topic says trackers and as far as I know stuff like torrentz is just a mere search engine. I don't recall them having their own tracker.

saebrtooth
24.06.10, 03:11
I really just see any tracker private or otherwise as a source just like ed2k. If i cant find it in 1 I'll look for it in another.

And yes I still use public trackers

Instab
24.06.10, 03:16
Yes, for rare stuff I can't find on private ones, such as old movies. I don't care about speeds as long as they aren't below 5kB/s or something.

same here. the seeders can't be compared to private sites and you can get a lot of junk but also some rare stuff you just can't find anywhere else

Snitlev
24.06.10, 07:21
a great pity, no german tracker or Music, that's the reason why I don't voting ;-)

I don't use public tracker only closed tracker or Invites ;-)

Owyn
24.06.10, 10:11
i use btjunkie when i wan't to find something rare

hellman
24.06.10, 10:39
a great pity, no german tracke
:huh:
well i'm not a german and never used a german tracker.. next time i'll make sure to include a german tracker;)

Vuze-Sbi
24.06.10, 12:05
Isn't piratebay down for a long time how can you guys use it?

hellman
24.06.10, 13:15
Isn't piratebay down for a long time how can you guys use it?

no its was never down for me:biggrin: check again:tongue:

Vuze-Sbi
24.06.10, 14:01
no its was never down for me:biggrin: check again:tongue:

Damn i thought they were down since their case now i tried proxy lol it's banned by my isp :D thanks for heads up

anon
24.06.10, 15:47
Your ISP blocks The Pirate Bay? What a shame.

As for TPB itself, they aren't even a tracker anymore, just an indexer... torrents are tracked by PublicBT or Denis.Stalker.

Extraterrestrial
24.06.10, 16:18
I use public trackers all the time using a program called ( Bit Che) , search what i want and sort the results by seeders and I'm good to go. The only public trackers i have them bookmarked are demonoid and TPB.

pyrene
24.06.10, 20:19
I used public trackers years ago when I had not yet registered private ones.
Now I only use private trackers (safer than the others), I find there everything I want. The only thing we have to do is maintaining a good ratio not to have the account disabled.

hellman
24.06.10, 20:23
(safer than the others),.

what do u mean

anon
24.06.10, 20:24
You find all kinds of people in public trackers. Even anti-P2P bots and stuff. In private trackers the risk is reduced.

Instab
24.06.10, 20:48
what do u mean

You find all kinds of people in public trackers. Even anti-P2P bots and stuff. In private trackers the risk is reduced.

you should use some sort of blocklist anyway. no matter which site

crystal
24.06.10, 22:34
public trackers are good for finding obscure applications which you wont find in private ones as they generally cover scene releases . tho warez-bb is pretty good in it and is the preferred one between the two .

zmist
25.06.10, 05:13
piratebay & torrentz .. Only if i can't find the required stuff on the private sites....
Never gona leave private sites ...he he

jamilv
21.10.10, 20:10
More variety, but also I get better speeds some of the time. I only use it for anime/manga stuff though

scr_am
21.10.10, 21:21
The first time I started the torrent was using these sites. Private Trackers safer.

peepin
22.10.10, 10:20
Of course .
Besides you can find something rare , if you don't concern the pretime some torrents are seeded better than the ones in private tracker .

soso
22.10.10, 12:36
Yes i still using them for downloading software but private trackers are much safer and cleaner

btw : demonoid is private tracker :D

anon
22.10.10, 14:25
btw : demonoid is private tracker :D

A private tracker where guests can also download torrents. :eyebrows:

anon
22.10.10, 17:14
hq music...

As in FLAC? If so, I'd recommend you try RuTracker out, in case you aren't there already. Lots of lossless and you can be sure they're not bad rips or transcodes. :gsmile: